For Marla, regarding scarring

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

crzyakta

For Marla, regarding scarring

Post by crzyakta »

I noticed in your older posts that Vit C really helped you, I consume ester-c twice a day (powder form in water, about 4g each time)...havent noticed much on scarring

do you apply i directly to the scar? if so, what do you mix it with etc?

Thanks!
Marla

Vit C

Post by Marla »

Hi, please accept my apology for not responding sooner.

I do both: I use a topical vitamin C product made by another manufacturer. I also use pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid) crystalline powder in my drinking water. The amount is not critical, and if there is a concern, it would be the discontinuing of using it at high levels, and the body reacting as though it is suddenly deficient. That's another story though. Follow the directions on the Vitamin C powder labels. You should be fine.

Vit C helps in many ways to renew tissues in various organs.

--Marla
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

thanks for the input Marla!

do you dab the vit c cream into scars?
Marla

Vitamin C serum

Post by Marla »

Actually, I use the vitamin C serum all over my face. If I think I have new mites, then I use only the ZZ and XFML until they are gone again.

The dietary crystalline C powder is something I use in beverages -- mostly plain water. Sometimes I add some stevia sweetener to make a pleasant beverage.

Also, the expensive scar repair product that is available over-the-counter works well. It takes time, but it works. If you can fit that in between ZZ and XFML treatments it would probably be okay. It is best that you clear up the mites first, then use the scar repair product.