Hot face

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

skeech

Hot face

Post by skeech »

I have mild rosacea with no papules and pustules. I get mild and frequent flushes. Though, I get a really good flush with a hot shower or when I bend over. So, I turn down the heat in shower and try to avoid leaning over too much.

I used zcream several months ago for 2-3 weeks and quit. It seemed to make my face worse.

I started up again 4 days ago, applying it all over my face, not just on the rosacea affected areas. Just last night after applying zcream, my face began to burn and got irritated. I immediately washed it off.

I feel strongly that this is caused by the menthol in the cream, a known vasodialator. For that reason, it is often used to enhance the absorption of some topical medicines.

Though, considering that rosacea has a major vascular component, the menthol may be intolerable for some people.

Since my derms won't do a skin scaping to test for demodex exuberance, I can't be certain that my condition is attributed to mites. However, I have a strong conviction that mites play a major, if not primary role in rosacea.

However, I can't handle the menthol. It feels cool at first, but then my facial blood vessels dialate. That's when it burns, and it's warm all night. Any chance that zcream can be made without menthol?

Thanks,
Mark
tkr

Post by tkr »

Mark, we will wait for walter to answer this one to be sure you are not having a reaction. However,
Are you only using a very thin layer? best to put water on your face, and then the z cream will slide on easily again (thin layer) and may take time for your skin to adjust. Use a little only, and gradually use a little more but always thin layer, and see if your symptoms diminish over time. take care mark. tamara
skeech

Post by skeech »

Hi Tamara,

I know you from the rosacea-support list. You're like an old friend. Thanks for replying here and on the other list. I'll wait to see what Walter has to say. I'll talk to you soon.

Mark O
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Mark

Probably you are allergic for sulfur, nothing you can do about that,
did you try instead the Xin Fumanling already?
If not, we will send you one to try if you would like.

Walter
skeech

Post by skeech »

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your advise. Yes, I would like to try the Xin Fumanling cream. What do I have to do?

Mark