WHAT DO IN FACT THE MITES FEED OFF???

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tkr

WHAT DO IN FACT THE MITES FEED OFF???

Post by tkr »

Ive been reading some posts on here (new here) and ive seen that it indicates they love sugar, wheat and whatever else yeast, I never knew this, where can I obtain more info on this...very interesting any info. would be great. Thanks tamara
tkr

Post by tkr »

walter maybe you can answer, ive even heard they like makeup, i wear it....can you please tell me what the scoop is on this. Walter i am wearing a little makeup during the day and using the z cream at night is this o.k? also i had to moiturize today this morning my skin was very dry. let me know thanks...on 4th day of z cream tamara
tkr

Post by tkr »

well no reply yet.....anyone know??
tkr

Post by tkr »

o.k i guess since NO REPLIES i did my own research, the mites love sugar, yeast, makeup because of the oil in it, anything oily and warm temperature that they can feed off of. the dark. Anything else anyone add here so we can all help each other. tamara
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

The only thing I know is that those mites indeed love make-up, that’s for example the reason much more woman have problems with mites in the eyelashes then man.
I am not aware of any real evidence that food like sugar etc. can influence the mites population but of course can not be ruled out just like that.

Walter
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

I read that they feed off steroidial hormones (DHT) and sebum as well...if I find the link, i`ll post it
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Well it's not so much that they "eat" DHT (testosterone hormone). It's that the DHT triggers an increase in the production of oil in the pores. And then the mites eat the oil. At least that's the theory.

There's a lot of discussion on acne boards about vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) megadoses causing a drop in DHT production which then reduces acne. I'm not yet a firm believer, but I would imagine it's correct. Same thing occurs with Accutane, I think. Trouble is, megadosing any vitamin, including B5, could have serious long-term effects on the body. When I tried it (B5), it didn't help my acne and only seemed to make my intestines and stomach upset. I don't recommend it, and I think anyone thinking of trying it should do so under the supervision of their physician. With Accutane, for example, they take blood tests every month or so to determine if your liver is getting messed up. If I were to do B5 for any length of time, I'd want to do the same thing and get tested once a month.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA