Newbie question for Walter/ any help appreciated!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

davem81

Newbie question for Walter/ any help appreciated!

Post by davem81 »

Hello, I am new to this board.

I am currently about 4-5 weeks into treating myself with ZZ cream (this is actually my 2nd course - I think I stopped the 1st course too soon).

My symptoms have always been 95% centred on my nose only - spots, p&ps, just general red nose! Over the past 4 years it has been actively destroying my life. I'm now 30 years old.

The problem I have is that, although my nose has been better over the past few weeks of treatment, in the past 2 weeks I have suffered from an outbreak of redness & spots on my forehead, in between my eyebrows and higher up my forehead. It seems to be getting worse.

Could this be the mites migrating from my nose (having been disturbed by the cream) and attacking me in a new area? Perhaps I didn't use quite enough product to kill them on my nose, and they've just 'decamped' elsewhere?!

I am 100% sold on the idea that demodex mites are the root cause of my problems, and that eliminating them will be the only helpful treatment for me. However, I'm now very worried, in light of what I have described, about 'chasing' them all over my face, and creating new problems in areas where before my skin was ok - like my forehead. Is this what's happening?

Any comments or advice would be most appreciated!
Walter

Re: Newbie question for Walter/ any help appreciated!

Post by Walter »

Hello

No, the mites cannot migrate while treating, it means that on those new problem areas where already mites in the first place,
even you did not have problems there, by treating only your nose, the ointment will be spread all over your face
by means of your hands and pillow while sleeping, starting to kill the mites also on other places,
because of this, it is possible to get outbreaks on places you had no problems before.
This is only temporarily though, best is to treat you whole face at once, just a tiny bit is enough,
you can see how powerful the ZZ ointment is if even this little bid which is spread from the applied area
is enough to start killing them.

Walter
davem81

Post by davem81 »

Thank you for your reassurance Walter, that is very helpful.

Just one further question - ZZ ointment does not contain steroids does it? I couldn't find any information on this while browsing. Many thanks and keep up the good work!
Walter

Post by Walter »

We guarantee that the ZZ ointment doesn’t contain steroids,
antibiotics are whatever possible harmful ingredient.

Walter