Does Dermodex really work???

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

jco

Does Dermodex really work???

Post by jco »

Hi,
I've been suffering from cystic acne horribly for the past two years. I don't even recognize my face anymore. I need a solution because it's affecting every aspect of my life; I've never felt so sad/angry/frustrated/hopeless.

My homeopath believes my condition is parasite related, which is how I stumbled upon Demodex.
The science is compelling and even somewhat logical.
I believe that many of my symptoms are aggravated by some sort of bacteria/parasite. I have massive cysts that blow up over the course of a week and take over my cheeks. I have substantial swelling and scars from previous episodes.

I really REALLY want to believe that this could be a solution. I just want my life back.

However, I've been reading the forum posts and many people seem to have the same problem over and over again -- the product is taking too long to work and their faces are blowing up in the meantime.

Is there anyone on this board that can actually testify that the product worked for them?
It seems very pricey and almost con-like that the bottle is so small and the cost is so high AND you have to take it for five months.

I'm not necessarily skeptical of the science, but the whole process sounds fishy.
I'm torn between my desire to change the state of my face (desperate) and logic when it comes to internet scams.

Please advise.
Jco
Gamgam

Re: Does Dermodex really work???

Post by Gamgam »

I've been diagnosed with demodicosis, so let me just give you a few points to think about, and I know what you mean by finding websites on the internet and such. I've only used these products for a short period, but my dermatologist has also given me a long-term treatment for mites involving prescription items.

1) I do believe these products will kill mites, but how effective, and how long it will take I can honestly not tell you the answer to that question. I say this because ZZ contains:

Sublimed sulfur
Boric acid 2%
salicylic acid 0.5%
Dimethiconum Composite

All these items kill mites, as I've read in peer-reviewed journals.

2) The price is something that bothers me too. On the other hand, the total cost of my treatment from my dermatologists went well over 200 dollars recently.

3) Any treatment, involving any miticide, will require probably 6 months to thin out the mites. They are not easily to get rid of, and my recent biopsy confirms this.

At the end of the day you have to really believe it is the mites that are doing it, otherwise your lack of faith will probably cause you to quit before 2 months. Unfortunately, getting anyone to answer questions on this forum seems really difficult.
Walter

Post by Walter »

the product is taking too long to work
How long do you have your acne already and probably how many years more to come?
Is 5/6 months then too long time for you to get rid of it?
and their faces are blowing up in the meantime
Not blowing up but outbreaks indeed can happen, most people have no problems at all, don’t forget that only people with
problems are posting, the others where everything goes well don’t bother to post.
Is there anyone on this board that can actually testify that the product worked for them?
Read the testimonials
I'm torn between my desire to change the state of my face (desperate) and logic when it comes to internet scams.
What do you mean with internet scams in this case?
We are already on the net since 8 years and still growing every day,
Actually, we were the ones who made people aware regarding the problems demodex mites can cause,
since then, many others try to jump on the train, look how many copied our text and pictures.
if we where a scam we would be already a long time gone don’t you think so?
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

Honestly, my confidence in this product dip quite a bit. Mainly because, when ZZ is not working and i tried to change other factors like lifestyle; diet and exercise, i see a improvement very quickly. For my condition, i would attribute it largely to diet. You should consider it as well, ZZ is worth to try but not more than the estimated time of 6months for both time and money reasons. At the end of 6 months, just 4 more months, i would have a clearer picture and make a judgement of ZZ. I just hope it will be positive.

You should buy one set of cream; day (fuling) and night (zz) only, cos it can last me for 3 months at least.