Help! Itchy face!!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Christine_Liu

Help! Itchy face!!

Post by Christine_Liu »

Hi, I need help badly. I am into the 2nd day of treatment with zz cream. The first day seems alright but today I am starting to feel the itch. My face is so itchy and I am getting red bumps ( just like those bumps that u will get when bitten by mosquitoes.) is this a normal reaction or is it a reaction that I am allergy to zz cream? I am really afraid that I have chosen the wrong product. Currently, I am only applying zz cream at night and aloe vera gel in the morning. Any past users of zz cream pls guide me through. Thanks a lot =)
jeremykuah

Re: Help! Itchy face!!

Post by jeremykuah »

i have been using for 2 months, more or less, my condition is the same as when i just started. honestly i do not know if it will cure my skin condition but have to use it for another 4months. by then, i would have given up on it. in addition, my zz cream has last me for the last 2 months and still left about half (nightly application), so it gives u some guideline on amount.
Christine_Liu

Post by Christine_Liu »

Hi jeremykuah,

That's disheartening, I have tried all sorts of ways to cure my skin even IPL sessions only slightly improve my pores' size but I am still a victim of rosacea and ance and of cos clogged pores. Actually I did not test for mites positive since I don't have the equipments to do so but I have symptoms such as itchy face, rosacea and acne so I give zz cream a try. But now my face is really itchy ( it's really unbearable that I have to use some cool or warm water to calm it down) , it flushes and I am having red bumps I don't is this normal or an allergic reaction. Actually how long is zz cream trial period, maybe if I didnt improve by then I would give it up.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

I'm not going to claim ZZ is effective quite yet as I'm still treating. If it makes you guys feel any better, I agree Walter should answer these questions/concerns, and I am wondering why there is only one person to answer questions.

I'm up to the 2 month mark with no difference at all. At least nothing since I used Permethrin in the beginning... BUT I did test positive for demodex, and I'm very convinced it is my problem. I would give it at least 5 months, and for rosacea/red skin I would give it longer because your immune system is involved.

As far as demodex is concerned, it would be a good idea for your own sake to know what is causing your skin condition. You can do several different things. You can use a miticide like permethrin 5% everyday for two weeks to see what happens (I'm not a doctor). I personally haven't had side effects from it. You can buy a cheap microscope and do many skin scrapings. And lastly you can ask a derm to do a scraping. The problem with the last option is you need to find a derm that:

a) Believes demodex is a problem in general.
b) Will actually do a scraping.

To address (b) it would be best to go to a teaching hospital, or somewhere where a microscope is readily available. Sometimes private practice will have it, sometimes not. (a) might not be so difficult if you don't live in U.S.

In any case, if you are going to address demodex one way or the other, it takes a long time to get rid of them. I agree that 33 dollars for sulfur and zinc oxide is a bit much for the amount of cream given.
Christine_Liu

Post by Christine_Liu »

Hi gamgan , 2 months and no effect at all? I wonder if I can stand till 2 months. Honestly, it's very hard for me to undergo the test for mites. But I recalled that I read 1 post in the forum stating that if u have no mites using of zz crema won't affect your skin right? My skin today is worsened, my whole face is red with big red bumps and the itch still persists. What's the reaction of your skin when u first use zz?
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Well to be honest with you I don't expect much of a change at this point. My condition doesn't involve P&P's. I think it will take a lot longer, and I can actually feel these mites on my face every once and a while. I have written my symptoms on other threads.

If you have P&P's you should really try to be patient, as I think you should observe some improvement at the 2 month mark, and if you don't then sulfur is probably a little weak in my opinion. I do believe it should work though. And like I said elsewhere, things like Permethrin, Ivermectin, etc... should show improvement after two weeks. I would stick to topicals and would stick to 6 months minimum.

It is just my opinion, but itchy red bumps are most likely demodex. I have not found any reasonable explanation at to what else they could be due to.

Another thing you guys can do is post pictures of your skin for Walter. Do your pictures look like some of the other pictures here?
Christine_Liu

Post by Christine_Liu »

Sorry what is P&P's ? My whole face is really itchy and currently my face flush up more than before ( I had rosacea problem) , my skin is drying and many more pimples. I supposed it is the dying of the mites? I just hope it is not an allergic reaction. Nope, i have not upload any photos.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

P&P's are just red bumps. I think Walter or someone should be answering people's questions, but for whatever reason, it is rare for someone to do that here. I understand if your skin is slightly worse that you would be concerned, but you should stick to your decision for at least 6 months. There is no short-term solution with demodex. I have no idea what ZZ did, and that is something this company should be trying to help you with.
Christine_Liu

Post by Christine_Liu »

Yes, I am waiting for walter's reply but it seems that he hasn't been observing the forum, I still hope for his assistance I am feeling real uneasy. Anyway, I think I will only stick to 3 months, if there is even a slight improvement by then I don't think the cream is of any use for my case. Just hope that it is helping my skin.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

uncovering more secrets. I have been talking kefir for at least 6 months now. Irregular doses though, but when i take regularly ( half cup morning, half cup night) i seen a great improvement of condition. Looks like may not be mites after all. Fair enough, i will still use till the 6months mark. mainly due to the rate i am using 2months, half bottle.
Christine_Liu

Post by Christine_Liu »

Hi guys, just an update of my skin condition, currently at the second week of treatment. Itchiness has reduced a lot but skin is flaking now, quite serious flaking, is it a normal procedure. Can't see any improvement now. Redness still persist. And I am still waiting for walter's reply.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

christian liu, i am pretty sure that ZZ cream is not the main cure. I had suspect candida, tried curing it, thought that i cured but i think it maybe the main cause for me. Why is it affecting my face, i have no idea. Anyway, you should try candida cure as well, google for causes, symptoms and cure, its quite easy to find but difficult to cure. good luck
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

The chances your skin condition is due to a fungus is probably zero.

As for the mites going away completely, that is impossible, and no one can claim that they go away completely. You're meant to thin them out so your symptoms go away. There is nothing that completely eliminates them. I've been using miticides for 2 months now, morning and day, and I just recently had a biopsy. I had a total of 20 mites in a tiny section of my cheek.
Christine_Liu

Post by Christine_Liu »

Hi everyone, firstly thanks for all your advice and encouragement. Well, honestly, I didn't placed much hope on zz I tried it before I had used up all the methods ( including Visiting a dermatologist and doing IPL treatments etc) been trying to treat my skin for more than 10 yrs yet nothing works. So i just hope that zz cream is a miracle. My main problem is ance and rosacea and it's almost incurable which makes me so upset. I am completely demoralize!! Skin disease is causing me to become a depressed person who refused to go out because I hate ppl looking at me and if I always saw girls with good skin which makes me filled with envy and more depressed. And I am so depressed because I not only suffered skin disease on my face but also on my body's skin( I think I inherited my dad's skin- liver spots problem I think). I don't dare to go out don't dare to wear shorts, dont even dare to socialize. There goes my youth days. =( sorry guys for expressing my feelings here.

Ok back to topic, I'm at at the 3rd- 4th week of zz treatment, no improvement but worsened condition, terrible breakout with few red lumps pimples, don't know should feel happy or sad. Cause I am not sure that the breakout is due to clearing of mites or due to my hormones' level fluctuation ( I am having exams so am stressed up and lacking of sleep). So I don't really know what to do, anyway, I will stick to zz for another 3 mths.just hope miracle will happen.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Being depressed about skin disease is common. I have the same issue, and I imagine 99% of people with these diseases feel the same. What kind of rosacea do you have? If you have the dry one with red bumps then it is most likely demodex, which can be cured with miticides. Any treatment for demodex requires a lengthy run.