About demodicosis... perhaps someone has an answer?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Gamgam

About demodicosis... perhaps someone has an answer?

Post by Gamgam »

I have a general question about demodicosis... or the rosacea mimic that doesn't involve flushing/blushing. Just hair loss, itching, small occasional red bump, maybe some pink skin, skin crawling etc. This forum is practically inactive, but I am wondering if someone can answer the following:

1) I realize people "cure" themselves (if they are lucky) through sustained anti-arachnid treatments, and then used a maintenance. But is there a single case where someone killed off the mites, their immune system stopped reacting to them and "took over", and didn't need a maintenance? I am not talking about acne. Rather, the disease I mention above.

This is the main point I've been trying to address, but it is impossible to get any feedback, and I have yet to find a single case where someone stopped doing a maintenance to prevent re-infestation, and they were simply cured.
Walter

Re: About demodicosis... perhaps someone has an answer?

Post by Walter »

This is the main point I've been trying to address, but it is impossible to get any feedback, and I have yet to find a single case where someone stopped doing a maintenance to prevent re-infestation, and they were simply cured
Many people don’t need a maintenance treatment, myself neither, but still
I use every 2 - 3 months or so for a couple of days in the evening,
a little effort just to be sure they stay away.
Regarding feedback from those people, well, if somebody is cured they
don’t come on the forum anymore, why should they?
Bad things we rather forget…………………….

Walter
Gamgam

Re: About demodicosis... perhaps someone has an answer?

Post by Gamgam »

Sounds good.

My confusion is mostly whether it is the rosacea-mimic (demodicosis), that has had total cure. Or if it is acne that has total cure. I have been trying to find examples of people with my condition, and I mostly find people that had acne that cured themselves.