My Progress, a leap of faith

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

I am 24, having been suffering serious acne since 15, big and many pimples, scarring, redness, large pores. Tried many "cures" , almost anything you can think of. But to limited success; best of them is eating healthy, VERY healthy, proactive, and accutane or similar.
When i chanced upon this site, i was very skeptical. demodexsolutions sounds just like any other acne "cures" but doesn't really solve the problem. however, reading deeper with their explanation, causes and solutions, i found it suspiciously similar to my problems. I can really relate to it, well, so did all the other acne "cures".
Still, i was desperate, i bought a ZZ cream and facial wash.
It took 4 days to arrive, i live in singapore.

First day: causes skin to change in tone and texture in a negative way. plus slight redness
Second day: burning sensation felt, slightly reduced redness.

I remain fairly optimistic and look forward to an improvement on condition
LABUYER

Re: My Progress, a leap of faith

Post by LABUYER »

Your condition will get better, Stay optimistic! :D
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

day 3: broke out with pimples at some areas, looks like there is a very slight improvement in scarring and complexion.

thanks
LABUYER

Post by LABUYER »

Remember things have to get worse before they get better. You are disrupting these mites homes where they have been comfortable for quite a while.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

Thanks for the encouragement, it helps and i hope "it" works

day 6: broke out badly at the chin and jaw areas.

low morale, sad, worried
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Hello. I just started, about a week and a half in. I used permethrin several times just a few days before because that is all the derm could come up with, so I'm really 2 weeks in the battle against these awful mites. I don't have acne or severe rosacea, mostly burning, red legions, skin thickening, and swelling, red bumps etc. I also noticed internally I feel off sometimes, and I think it is because there are so many of them, and they carry some special bacteria/toxins. It was clearly getting worse though, and they're all over my body. I noticed zz caused some small mite die offs with minor bumps. I'm really aiming at getting them out to get the skin completely to get back to normal. For the body I have zz body wash, permethrin (that I don't plan on using), and I made a spray bottle with water and 100% tea tree oil to cut cost. So the spray is really 50% tea tree. I can't tell really how they react to the TTO, but I've read that doctors have used it, so I'm hoping it helps to some degree. I also have the DS soap. I plan on using this for at least 6 months, and to be honest there really isn't any other alternative. I've gone to dermatologists and I find them to be completely arrogant, and they seem to think they know all there is to know on skin, and yet they haven't found a cure to the common zit. How amusing. What was the point of medical school exactly? Handing out metronidazole, or whatever, isn't exactly a solution, and it doesn't exactly reflect a lot of creative thinking going on. It's like they went to school to be a special variation of a pharmacist.

Have you guys by any chance noticed anything with reducing the skin thickening? Does this thickening mite skin eventually peel off to some degree, or can this mite cause permanent scarring without any infections?
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

day 7: symptoms did not worsen but still in bad condition.

I feel quite worried cause other "cures" were the same, improved condition then became useless or no effect at all. Nothing consistency or permanent. I am planning to stick with these for at least 120, hope that there will be more sign to show that i am on the right track
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

If it helps, I'm also in a bad condition, but I noticed a reaction to 50% tea tree on some red legions, and a reaction on my face from the ZZ. I also noticed a reaction from the permethrin, so I'm a lot more convinced about the method I'm currently using than any of the drugs the derms handed out to me. But these mites seem to be resilient so I'm in agreement that this will take a long time. I'll definitely keep updates as this condition progresses.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

day 8: bad condition persists, redness, patch of big acne, itch and large pimple on chin and side cheek.

I wonder if there will be an end to this nightmare. My unstable facial redness and itch may be attributed to either food (oily/fried food) or smokey area.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

I would keep at it for months, and check your body for any dermatitis type legions. Make sure they aren't effecting other areas as well.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

day 9: my healing process seems to be faster compared to previous breakout (before ZZ), condition is still quite bad though. itching persists at breakout areas and near the eyebrow. i have made a mentally note that what broke me out previous must be avoided at all cost (spicy, oily/fried food), until my skin is clear.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

I am not a doctor or anything, but I personally believe diet has nothing to do with it, and it's all the mite. I think it is true things can trigger the mite, but is it really worth avoiding this and that? Better to get rid of the mite and not worry about having a spicy dinner. I would just focus on eating things that are really healthy to boost your immune system.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

day 10: breakout again,pimples, acne appearing in many places.

@gamgam, diet plays a key role, since diet, immune system and skin is correlated.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

I agree! I'm two weeks in, and I see it is causing minor bumps. I hope I can get rid of them to get rid of the skin thickening.
jeremykuah

Post by jeremykuah »

day 11: slight recovery. this period of uncertainty is difficult, i hope my condition stabilizes.