How to tell when mites are gone?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Walter

Re: How to tell when mites are gone?

Post by Walter »

well, the only way is by doing a test but we guarantee the mites will go
using our products, eliminating demodex mites is not so easy as it sounds and takes time,
the key is not to give up and be patient...........
you will be thankful later you did :D

Walter
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Hi Rosie & Walter,

Good luck with the treatment Rosie, just started it myself (rosacea on the nose), hope you'll be fine :D

Walter, out of curiosity, may I ask how well is known Demodex in China/Chinese Medecine?

Cause here (Europe, France) we know about Demodex but we only make some assumptions about them being linked to condition such as rosacea... in any case, we don't hear about it very often :mrgreen:
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Hi,

Well, I mean in general and for those who knows about rosacea. Rosacea tends to be a little more known by derms, but 3-4 years back, they were derms who didn't know what it meant and what it was. The first time I met a doctor for my rosacea I was treated for normal acne and kind of abrasive solutions, made my skin quite worse at the time (and it wasn't to kill mites since it lasted 2 years :mrgreen:)

As for the mites we'll see it about it in a few months, but I'm quite confident. After all and as far as I know, all testimony about really great improvement were coming from Russian or Chinese treatments, both exactly doing the same thing: treating the demodex issue.

Congrats about your improvement, and thanks for your support. I don't think I mind getting worse, it's exactly the same thing when the body goes in detox mode, you go worse before getting better. I guess that's why we call this nature, and Superman a fiction :mrgreen:
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Hi,

Yes, although I could only start about 8 days ago.

I don't know if I'm right but I'm applying both solutions all over my face, forehead included (but not too close of my eyes, especially below).

I think I started to go significantly worse 2 or 3 days ago, still getting worse right now but since it's part of the process, it shouldn't go easier within the next few days... :mrgreen:

Funny thing, though my forehead never had a thing, some tiny mini red pimples came out in a spot. I wonder why.

And you, where are you in the treatment?
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Well, either it's just an allergic reaction to the product or the mites are being killed, I would prefer the last one :mrgreen:

But the feeling is similar to the rest (got rosacea on nose and cheekbones), a bit strange somehow, kind of itchy.

Now I thought about the same thing. It seems that people without anything may have Demodex too, so I could just have some on my forehead... especially since I apparently got them somewhere else.

As for you, are you applying the treatment all over those places? (back, neck, etc)
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Indeed you're covering everything!
I was wondering how since there're not so much cream per jar. Using lotion should be far less costly.

Right now ZZ or Xin Fumanling don't seem to be too hard on me, skin just got a little dry, enough for me to feel it (a little) when I move my face, but not really bothering me.

I'll try to put some over my neck too and eventually get the eyes cream when buying my next batch.

I may have a question, if one happened to be allergic to one component, how does he tell since he has to get worse anyway? :mrgreen:

By the way, I read ZZ was the most harming cream but I found intriguing how ZZ feel "cold" (mint I guess) and somehow relieving when Xin Fumanling is a real pain when putting it!

Walter: From your experience, do you think the 2nd image of this page http://rosaceans.com/demodex.php (called Demodectic Rosacea (Demodicidosis) Image - http://www.consultantlive.com) involves mites?
I actually have the same thing, same nose but much more advanced (meaning more red), and the same redness you can see on the left (especially right now :oops:), although not located so far from my nose, a bit more extended and on both cheekbones.
As for pimples, pustules... if I just got a dozen tiny tiny red pimples on my forehead with the treatment started, I only had a few pimples over the 3-4 last years. I precise I'm now 22, it may have something to do with me leaving teenagehood.

EDIT: http://www.consultantlive.com/skin-dise ... 0?verify=0

Found in the patient's case:
Patients with demodicidosis often present with erythematous papules and pustules with an underlying erythema on the forehead, cheeks, and nose.

Interesting, didn't have any pimples for a very long time but I happened to have one erythematous papule now and then.
What erythematous papules look like for me: http://www.latunisiemedicale.com/userfi ... igure1.jpg

Plus my redness is also targeted, my left cheek is always more red :mrgreen:
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Well, it's not a big urgency and I know he comes every now and then, I'll wait for him to come by.

About the treatment, it's been 12 days for me now and I can see my skin drying out a bit more. I started to have white "external marks" due to the dryness. I can't them go for 10mn if I put water of my face, but otherwise it remains dry enough.
Other than that, not really getting much worse since a few days. Knowing how it will evolve in this early stage is more out of curiosity than anything else right now :mrgreen:
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

This treatment is a funny thing :D

First I don't go worse, or at least not before before 5 or 6 days. Then much worse, then more dry every day until I reach a VERY dry point, which lasted a few days. And now, quickly caming back to normal (as for the dryness).

Me, not getting it :mrgreen:

3 weeks soon!
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Just an update:
Not easy easy going every day, with almost no changes as for the condition, and which will probably go on for a good number of weeks...

Holding on :o
Okyno

Post by Okyno »

Glad to see the forum back!

I was afraid it might be definitely down.

My progress: It's about to be 10 weeks for me since I started the treatment, and I've been getting worse starting 2 weeks ago, rosacea not looking too good at the moment... :cry:
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Do you guys have any advise on how to deal with the body being infested? Obviously, I can't cover my body with ZZ everynight, that would take an entire jar a night. I have the body lotion and soap, but I don't think that is going to do it. I am trying borax, and 10% sulfur soaps are on the way... but what do people do? I don't get it.
LABUYER

Post by LABUYER »

Gamgam wrote:Do you guys have any advise on how to deal with the body being infested? Obviously, I can't cover my body with ZZ everynight, that would take an entire jar a night. I have the body lotion and soap, but I don't think that is going to do it. I am trying borax, and 10% sulfur soaps are on the way... but what do people do? I don't get it.
To kill the mites on the body You need to soak in a bath with the 20 Mule Team Borax and Food Grade Hydrogen peroxide. Then apply a tiny bit of the ZZ cream to your body while it is still damp.
Refer to my Post here: http://www.demodexsolutions.com/phpbb3/ ... f=5&t=7006
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Ok borax is one method, I understand. I am trying to get several opinions. I am not going to put ZZ on my body everynight, it is too expensive, and they are all over the place.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Also, not that I'm so bothered, but it isn't like you aren't guilty of repetitive posts. How many times have you posted your methods on the DS forum? Let's all get along and target our common problem.
LABUYER

Post by LABUYER »

Gamgam wrote:Ok borax is one method, I understand. I am trying to get several opinions. I am not going to put ZZ on my body everynight, it is too expensive, and they are all over the place.
If you dont want to spend the money it takes to remove demodex mites then you are only going to suffer more. Also as I have said before, it only takes a small amount of ZZ cream on the areas affected.