Is this message board still active?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

arielle

Is this message board still active?

Post by arielle »

I've been using the face creams, shampoo and eye cream now for nearly 3 months. Sometimes it seems like there's progress, but my face is still covered with flat red spots deep in the dermal layers. I don't haver acne, but any of these red spots can erupt into a spot in no time at all. I bought a 400X microscope but it's not strong enough to see more than an outline of what could be demodex. The swelling of my face and eyes has diminished somewhat, and there's less itching. But progress is so slow.....I guess I'm looking for encouragement. My skin is so dry it is getting quite wrinkly and old looking. Your comments would be appreciated.
A
Walter

Re: Is this message board still active?

Post by Walter »

Hello

400X multiplication is more than enough, I start to look at 100X, then, if I find some, I sometimes switch to 400X to see more details but that
is not necessary to find them, what kind of microscope do you have?
Do you have a light system under the glass slide?
Without light from beneath it doesn’t go.
That swelling of your face and eyes has diminished somewhat is a good sign isn’t it ?
Try not to think about it too much, just continuo the treatment and try to be patient.
Every person is different and demodex mites can cause a lot of different skin problems,
for one it takes one month and for others a year to become clear.
In the past, we already had a lot of persons who became inpatient and we needed to encourage them to continuo,
afterwards, most of them where very thankful.
You cannot expect that a skin problem which most of the time started already many years ago and is treated (mis)
already with a lot of stuff, just disappears in a second, don’t forget, the immune system is involved and this takes time.
Don’t use to much ointment, that is not necessary, more doesn’t heal faster and only makes your skin dryer.
This dry skin is not damaging something and is not permanently, it are only the dead upper cells, beneath this dry skin
is nice skin waiting...........................
Why some people get a dry skin from the ointment and others not I don’t know, myself, I can use as much as I want without
any signs of dry skin.

Walter