Just starting with the ZZ cream and a couple of questions...

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Jimmy

Re: Just starting with the ZZ cream and a couple of questions...

Post by Jimmy »

First up my disclaimer:
Noone can answer if to keep going other than yourself. If you are concerned and want to seek medical advice, you should see your doctor.

You said in your previous post you would go to three months, so why not try that? Give yourself a timeline to stick to resolutely (I will keep trying regularly regardless of progress until..) or if you have seen no improvement by that time, to give up by. However this is only a choice you can make. Based on other peoples experience, this treatment has worked for quite a few of them. This does not mean it will work for any specific individual.

Personally at 7 weeks it is only about now I can see some mild improvement with week 4 to 5 being pretty unpleasant. I set myself a timeframe of 4 months of regular usage for this to make a noteable difference or I would stop using it. While the timeframe is up to you, I recommend you adopt a similar approach. If this treatment is not working for you by the time you have decided on, then move on and try something else.

Just my thoughts.
yumecouk

Post by yumecouk »

i am back...i did not stop using the cream, just went on holidays and got busy...so, things are looking better with my test area, although my face as a whole is doing better due to warmer temperatures. I will keep going until i am certain that it is helping and then will slowly start using the cream on the rest of my face...
yumecouk

Post by yumecouk »

well, it has been almost 5 months since i started the cream on an area of my face...and i still don't know if it is working! i thought i had my answer back in June when i went P&P free for about 2 weeks, but then the test patch went mad again and has been a bit messy for the last couple of weeks...so i just don't know..almost 5 months and still no certainty...how maddening! and i don't know if my cream is still good as it has been sitting there for 5 months now..perhaps time for a refill to give this one last shot...
Walter

Post by Walter »

Are you treating just a patch of your face?
not the whole face?

Walter
yumecouk

Post by yumecouk »

No, from the very start it was just a patch. Although over the past month, i have extended it to the entire right side of my face...

Even though the original patch is still not good enough, i have realized recently that it is less sensitive than the rest of my face...so perhaps something is indeed working...but after 5 months, it certainly isn't much...still it is enough to now do the entire right side of my face (which is now looking terrible).
Walter

Post by Walter »

Stop treating for a week, let your scin recover first, then, start again but only every other or every three days and only in the evening before go to sleep.
depending the skin problem, it can take a year before the problems completely subside, not because the cream is not working
but because after the mites are gone, your skin should slowly healing by itself since the reason of the skin problem is gone,
this is for everybody different so I cannot predict how long it will take.
That’s why only treating every other day one time, just to keep the mites away especially because you treat only one side of your face,
It is not because you don’t have problems on the other side that there are no mites but that is ok as long as you treat a couple of times a week.

Walter