My Story and Question with Photo

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

annabellab

My Story and Question with Photo

Post by annabellab »

Hi! Just found this site and very exited. My facial problem started a little over a year ago, when I saw a small area of dry redness around the lower half of my face, (only about the size of the tip of your finger) and was located around the laugh line of the right side of my face. I thought is was just a dry spot which would not go away. Over the past year, I had 7 treatments of micro dermabrasion, and an acid peel, but the spot never went away and started getting bigger... now about three inches long, 1 inch wide.. it it rough, red, flaky sometimes, and generally annoying. I had a test done on the area which confirmed I had an unusually high amount of the demodex mites in the area. Now I'm taking an oral medication to kill the mites, 8 days now, and a topical about 14 days, but not seeing a huge amount of improvement. I'm seeing the damage being done to my skin in what was referred in this site as sort of orange peel look...of the skin in the area affected.. the other half of my face is very smooth and not affected, as far as I can see. My dermatologist said if this medication does not fix the problem I must have rosacea, but I have checked the photos and descriptions and my skin problem does not see to really resemble that of rosacea. I think this product will help me if this oral does not kill these little mites, although Im not sure which cream I need. Any advise or personal experiences would be appreciated. Thanks! I attached the lab report showing these nasty little mites. The report was negative for fungus, but positive for the dermadex. Image
sandy

Post by sandy »

Hi!
you have definitly come to the right place to kill demodex. I have been treating for about 7 moths and its going well. What oral medication did the doc put you on?

Sandy.
tkr

Post by tkr »

annabelle, glad you posted this, very interesting. I did not even know the lab can do this. WHere are you from? it that mexican, forgive my ignorance in language if im wrong. I firmly bellieve the z cream will work, but it takes time and patience thats for sure. tamara
annabellab

Post by annabellab »

Hi! Thanks for your messages. :) Well, my derm put me on "Metronidazol" for 14 days, 2 pills per day, 250 mg. Tomorrow will be the 14th day mark and things are looking better now. The sandpaper roughness, redness, and sloughing of the skin are all better. I think I'm finally killing this little monster. I see the derm this Sat for a follow up, Ill keep you all updated.

The skin lab test I took was taken here in Brazil, were they speak Portuguese. When I first went to my Derm here, I laughed at him when he said he wanted to take a lab test, (where they scrape your skin and then put in under a microscope to see whats happening) as he thought it might be a fungus.. I'm like a fungus.. on my face for one year?? Well it turned out positive for excess of the little parasite mites, which was another surprise to both of us, and we started treatment. I'm still pretty sure I don't happen to have Rosacea, but a skin test can be done for this also. I did buy the products here, (they should arrive next week hopefully), as I still have some damage from having this mite in my skin for one year, and like to keep it as a first defence if this mite decides to come back. I will keep you all updated.
tkr

Post by tkr »

annnabelle, thanks alot for this excellent information. Do keep us posted. I am happy things are better for you, woohooo tamara :lol:
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Annabellab

All of those micro dermabrasions and the acid peel may just irritate your facial skin. Perhaps ease up on these for a while and see how things go with the Metro pills and anti-mite cream.

I couldn't really understand the report you posted. Did it mean that you have MORE Demodex Mites than 'normal' people? I'm just curious, as everyone has Demodex Mites on their skin. It is believed that those with Rosacea have more of them. Nice photo attached to the report. I've not seen this style of report before. Thanks for posting it.

I am very interested in your comment that a skin test can be done for Rosacea. I have not heard of this either. Are you able to explain a bit more about this, please? Maybe Brazil is ahead of the times where it comes to Rosacea?

Many thanks

Jen
annabellab

Post by annabellab »

Hi! I saw my Derm on Sat and for sure he thinks we have controlled the mites. I still have some redness in the area where the skin was damaged. He said to go one more week with the medication. So, I will be checking back with him in one month to see how the skin is healing.

Yes, its true everything you said, all people have the mites on the skin, I just happened to have a lot more, kind of an infestation for some reason, not sure why, I read it could have been from a weakened immune system. Yes, I read and Derm confirmed persons with Rosacea can tend to have more of the mites then those without rosacea. One thing he said to me, stop with the weekly home exfoliation. He said it damages the skin, and thus the skin comes back thicker. So, Ive stopped that. He said for exfoliation of the top layers, its better the professional peels, and things, and to not go overboard with this type of exfoliation.

For Rosacea, a kind of biopsy of the skin can be done to check for a positive or negative result of rosacea. This is what he told me. We have not done one at this time.

Things are looking better here for now. Still waiting on my products.. And will keep you all updated on the progress and final results.

:)
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Annabellab

There are so many people like you, just a little dry red spot somewhere on the face which becomes bigger in time and they don’t know what this is, demodex mites, unbelievable nobody knows but that’s how it is, you are lucky your derm anyway thought about it.
Then you can read everywhere that demodex mites doesn’t harm and live in harmony with us, big yoke..................
If I was you, I would not take any oral metronidazole anymore, it doesn’t help much anyway, the only way to get rid of them is a longer continuous topical treatment, the eggs and nymphs are covered with a seal which nothing can penetrate, even no pesticides, then, they are so well hided that you can not reach them with a oral drug, also not with a topical and that is why it takes a longer time, you need to kill the adults when they surface and like this prevent them from breeding again.
Oral Metronidazole is on the list of suspicious drugs for cancer, also a reason not to take to much.
The only product you need is the ZZ ointment, use it two times a day, no peelings no nothing else.
During the day you can use the fumanling instead of the ZZ if your skin becomes to dry or to treat invisible, the ZZ is a bit more difficult to apply invisible.
Those mites will go like this, you will see.

Good luck

Walter
annabellab

Post by annabellab »

Hi! Just wanted to update everybody. I received my products about 4 days ago, and started using them right away. I want to tell you all, Ive used a lot of products in my life, and I'm really pleased to say is I love these products. I can only talk for myself, and my fair skin, but today only after 4 days, my skin feels much smoother, softer, younger, and I used to have a more kind of pink tone to my skin and now its more of a creamy ivory color. Anyway I'm impressed and really happy I found these products. I love the zinc oxide cream, it feels sooo fresh when I put it on, I love it. Anyway, I'm happy so far with the progress of my skin.
Jen

Post by Jen »

So great to hear Annabellab!

I do so hope this continues to work for you. It's great to hear positive feedback. Please do keep up-dating - good or bad. Sometimes there may be bad patches but we want to hear about them too. Hopefully it will be all smooth sailing for you though.

Jen
tkr

Post by tkr »

hi annabelle, wanted to see how you are doing lately, tamara