it itches so much!!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

UsernameTaken

it itches so much!!

Post by UsernameTaken »

my zz cream just arrived in the mail today (fast shipping!)

i wanted to point out that my face is itching more than ever! last night was killer, i was itching my face all night and the crawling sensation was unbearable... especially near my inner cheeks.. is this a typical symptom? is there any way to alleviate the discomfort? it's so annoying
UsernameTaken

Re: it itches so much!!

Post by UsernameTaken »

also, how do i know i put on too much?
i'm applying a thin layer at night and in the morning i apply VERY little. my skin isn't that sensitive.. but its a little more red and it itches!

i'm just confused between the "nasty" period and whether or not i'm applying too much. thanks!

does it itch when they die?
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Hi !

You know you're applying too much if it causes extreme flakiness/dryness. Also, during my first two weeks, it was really itchy too. I wanted to tear my face with my own hands when it was at its worst. Now, it does not itch anymore, or only when I break out but I almost don't anymore.

Don't give up, most of us when through that too.
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

Hey Dr.Vladimir!

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it :) this forum seems to be a little inactive.
I think I'm applying too much. I'm gonna stop using it in the morning.
Did your face get really red too, in the beginning?
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

Usernametaken,

A lot of people seem to go through an initial period of more extreme redness and dryness upon starting the ZZ cream. I never did, but I think that's because my skin was used to harsher treatments. Check out the post "Rosacea, laser, and zz cream" (just below your "it itches so much!!" posting) for some info on how Dr. Vlad and I and a couple of other users have been handling the ZZ.

One big point of advice would be to make sure that your face is moist with water when you apply the ZZ. It spreads out the cream much easier and is less irritating.