post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

UsernameTaken

Re: Rosacea, laser and ZZ cream

Post by UsernameTaken »

another breakout =(

can i get an update from somebody?

i seem to be the only one posting here

its been a month and improvement has been minimal. GAH!!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Just continuo and dont give up, remember, the treatment is at least 3 months, if demodex brevis is present even longer,
first you need to eliminate the mites, then your immune system needs to stop reacting towards the mites allergens.

Walter
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Almost 11 weeks in :

Great results but not done yet. Whenever I think that I'm seeing the end of the tunnel, I have a small breakout and/or a rosacea flare...BUT, my forehead is pretty much clean ( I'd say 90% and it looks smooth ) and my cheeks, when they breakout, usually get 2 to 3 very small pimples on each side at their worse. Actually, if I had acne and not rosacea I could pretty much live with that but since I have rosacea, pimples usually come with redness, a red area around them so even when I only get very few of them it looks rather bad. However, when I don't have them, I must say that my skin looks pretty good and give me the much needed faith to pursue treatment.

You know, I've had rosacea for a few years now. Prior to that, I also had very mild acne and if both were due to Demodex mites, I'd say that I've had these bugs on my skin for at least 8 or 9 years...I just don't expect to be cured overnight anymore...I'll stick with that treatment as long as I need to, simply because it's what worked best for me ( besides laser for redness ).
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

5 weeks :

i can say that they DO work.
but its a very slow painful process.

vladimir : i'm not sure if you posted this before but are you using acarid face wash , zz cream only? or are you using the xmfl too
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

hi there,

Been only using the ZZ cream, once a day, in the evening, preferably before I go to bed.
However I don't think I'm using enough of it because it's been almost three months and I've used only half of the jar...
ed123

Post by ed123 »

For your information, I use half jar of zz cream after 2 months.
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

11 1/2 Week Update
(80 days, almost 3 months)

Okay, so I've been using the ZZ cream on my face and neck to fight acne for the last 3 months.
I haven't posted for awhile because I've been trying different things with the ZZ and didn't want to post anything definitive to newcomers until I was sure of what my skin was doing.

I've had a lot of ups and downs like everyone has on the ZZ.

NOTE: The only Demodex Solutions product that I'm using is the ZZ.

Initially, when I first started using the ZZ Cream once a day (at night), unlike most people, my skin was fine. No redness, dryness, and I actually cleared up acne-wise (I was using Benzoyl Peroxide for acne and got off that to go onto the ZZ). But, over the next few weeks while on the ZZ, I started getting a pimple here, a pimple there, and while I didn't break out crazily, it seemed that I started getting more and more pimples.

But slowly, certain areas of my skin started to clear up and be almost entirely acne free. I also went from using the ZZ 1x a day to 2x a day. After about a month, first my forehead cleared up, then my neck, then my cheeks, then my nose. Basically what I noticed is that each part of my face kinda went through a breakout period (perhaps the mites were dying) and then cleared up. But each part of the face was different, which was frustrating, but interesting and good to know.

BUT, the part of my face that didn't seem to clear up was my moustache area and chin, and they still aren't perfectly clear. I started breaking out a decent amount on my moustache and chin area and started to get frustrated. At about the 2 month mark, I started to doubt the ZZ and the fact that I may have mites, and completely stopped using the ZZ entirely for about a week to try something else in an effort to fix the chin and moustache area.

Needless to say, I broke out with really small pimples on my cheeks and nose (both places were clear. My neck and forehead though, did remain clear which was nice). So, I started to apply the ZZ to every part of my face except the moustache and chin area to kind of test the ZZ. In about 2 weeks my cheeks and nose cleared up again.

So while no ZZ was applied to my chin/moust (and no other topicals), my skin took a breather and cleared up a bit. But, within a few days, I started to break out and so, upon seeing the great effect the ZZ had on my nose and cheeks, I started to apply the ZZ again to my chin/moust about a week ago.

So, right now I'm using the ZZ 2x a day on my cheeks and nose, and 1x a day everywhere else.
Soon I'll prolly put the ZZ on my chin and moust. area 2x a day, but I want to slowly introduce the ZZ back in to those areas.

One thing that I did notice though- is that if you have a problem area on your face like I did, taking a break from the ZZ (for a day, maybe two) isn't a bad idea. I think by putting a lot of ZZ on your problem areas really makes the mites erupt which can cause acne breakouts for you. So getting rid of the mites slowly, maybe taking a day off here and there, doesn't freak out the mites as much and doesn't make you have a severe breakout.

My skin condition as we speak right now is this:
My cheeks, nose, neck, forehead are all clear.

My moustache area has several old pimple marks, but, since a week ago from being back on the ZZ (1x a day) I have only one new small pimple.

My chin area also has several old pimple marks, but since being back on the ZZ, I've had only two new small pimples, neither which has (or will now) surfaced. I can just feel them below the skin.
These problem areas are MUCH better than they were two weeks ago, or one week ago. MUCH Better.

So, from my experience I'd say stick with the ZZ- no doubt about it. If you need to kinda test it like I did, do so- but be careful and expect to possibly break out.
Hope this helps...
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Thank you for your contribution.

"taking a break from the ZZ (for a day, maybe two) isn't a bad idea"
Well yes, it is probably not a bad idea to take a break once in a while to control the breakouts
but once again, we all react so different, what works for one doesn't always works for somebody else.
Eliminating demodex mites is very difficult and takes time, most people experience good and bad times
during the treatment causing them to think the treatment is not working, key is to believe and not to give up.
Use on your moustache, this area will also become acne free, you will see...
Don't stop too soon, even if you are completely clear, for sure, once you stop, do a maintenance treatment for some months.
The first month use two times a week only in the evening, after that one time a week in the evening is enough.
After that, if everything is ok, use once in a while if you think about it to prevent the mites from coming back.

Merry Christmas :lol:

Walter
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

i'm nearing 9 weeks now
while i have seen improvement .
i think i've had slower progress than most people.
my skin is still tight, i still have flaky skin and i still have the crawly feeling but my skin has cleared up.
i'll give a more indepth review when i end my 3 months.
but so far so good =)
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello guy's

Long time ago we did hear something......

How is the treatment going?

Walter
kibong

Post by kibong »

i've just had a really terrible breakout on my right cheek like 5 weeks ago (after a really relatively good period of 12 weeks) and few on left cheek, but now it's all over, only the scar left
my face is also still blushed, but not as red as it's used to be, i'd say it's 50% of the previous redness
so far so good, most of my friends said my facial condition is much better than before, since my overall skin texture looks healthier now, unlike the barren wasteland it used to be 7-8 months ago
now still using zz twice a day, during nite i'll apply them on my whole cheek while during the day i'll only apply a tiny bit on any visible acne (for healing purpose & concealing) :p
chrisop

Post by chrisop »

I have been using Zhongzhou Zinc ointment and soap since January, and the results have only started to show this week, i am so happy, but i have to say that i had a really bad reaction after about 3 weeks but i kept going with zz ointment, my skin was so dry with bumps and redness like i had never had before and the itching was just insane, but i kept going, people even commented on how bad it had become but i kept going and only now am i starting to see the results.... i still have the rosacea redness but it is really clearing up, my scalp is the only place that still has the itching, but even that has calmed down... i stumbled onto this site after getting an really bad case of blepharitis, i was prescribed antibiotics tablets and 2 months+ of eye cream by the doctor and nothing would clear it up... so i started to do some research on the internet and discovered that a lot of people who had blepharitis also had rosacea, i have had rosacea for the last few years and it was getting worse every year and before that i had acne, so i just learned to deal with bad skin, but when i was told i had Blepharitis and i had score swollen eyes all day, every day, so i did some research and started using demodex, eyes are much better now as well, so yeah i am really happy so far, but i suppose it early days... everyone in the house is also been treated with demodex soap and shampoo, no zz ointment as they dont have any symptoms, i also have 2 dogs that i would like to treat but i am wondering is it safe to use the shampoo on them and if so how long should i use the treatment on them and for how long. once a week etc... all advise on animal treatment welcome...
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello
You are on the right track, just continuo, be patient and you will see that all your skin problems will go away slowly.
Some people are giving up the first weeks (even first months sometimes) because they expect the results to soon, but then,
what are a couple of months compared with the sometimes many years of skin problems?
We have some samples from a new anti demodex mites product for pets but if your dogs have no
obvious signs from demodex activity then I would do nothing, that's no use.
Pets demodex mites can in some cases indeed infect humans but as far as we know, only when the pet
really suffers from it and has a lot of mites, as long as you treat, you kill them anyway so don't become
afraid from your pets.
If you use one time a week in the evening ZZ ointment after the treatment, this is enough to stay clear
so not a big deal.

Walter
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

Walter,

I ordered 2 zz ointments, 1 xfml, and acarid face wash because I ran out of all of it but I still haven't received it in the mail. I e-mailed but I'm getting a bit paranoid.. I'm not using anything on my face and I'm afraid I'll start breaking out again.

This is depressing..

I hope you can help.

Best,
Soo
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

oh and the products DO work, I'm just taking a bit longer to recover than others and I want to write a proper review once my skin completely clears up =)