Rosacea, laser and ZZ cream

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

ed123

Day 27

Post by ed123 »

This is my day 27 report.... :mrgreen:

no more stubborn red spots after bath and warm water face washing....!

some flushing after dinner... but due to nice rainy day's cool weather, the flushing gone after short period of time.

both cheeks' red spots are getting dimmer and dimmer..., suppose to be a good sign of healing?

Yet, I tried to do diet on meat, eggs and nuts....alkalize my colon by drinking apple cider vinegar four times a day....

So far... so nice....

I had a severe flakiness and dryness five days ago, so I thought slowing down the usage and use the zz only at night, (I used to apply zz twice a day, after bath, using warm water to damp my fingers and face, don't use much zz cream, try to apply evenly all around, no spotting on the acne area!)

The flakiness gone after one day and I continue to apply zz cream very thinly (Walter also reminded us on one of his comment in this forum suggesting not to use too much zz cream, as it is not necessary to apply too much), yet small amount only, back to twice a day, but it helps! no more crazy peeling of dried skins!

I use neutral hypoallergenic liquid soap for face wash twice of three time a week...(mostly after afternoon/evening bath)

My forehead and chin are clear up to now, no more new break out!

Perhaps that's the trick ? Who knows? I am still seeking which methods suit me well, so take care and wish we all recover soon...
crazybas

Re: Rosacea, laser and ZZ cream

Post by crazybas »

So Ed, are you now using the ZZ 2x a day?

I'm thinking about upping the dosage from 1x a day to 2x.
ed123

2x a day

Post by ed123 »

yeap, 2x a day zz cream only, but do the spread t-h-i-n-l-y, and now, no more crazy like hell skin peeling...

Hopefully you'd get the same experience ...

:mrgreen:
kibong

Post by kibong »

@ed

sry for the late reply, juz finished my final exam today :mrgreen:
i use zz in the nite and xfml in the morning
1.5 month has elapsed
now i never had any allergic reaction/itchiness/the allergic lump at all
my temple area isnt burnt anymore and the acne on that area has disappear, left few small spots
but the problem is that i keep getting small and mild acne in cheek and as usual, my original flushing is still there :oops:
as for my diet, i eat 2 eggs everyday :mrgreen:
i dun really think that my diet affect me, since i never drink softdrink, avoiding fast food if possible etc
however since i've been stressed lately coz of exam, plus my sleeping hour is messed up, those might account for some of my outbreak
going to fix my diet later, perhaps planning to do liver detox/liver flush/gallbladder flush =)
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

Hey everyone,
Just checking in to see where everyone is at.

The ZZ treatment continues for me...on day 38 (middle of week 5) and I'm still getting mixed results. My forehead and neck have been great the last two weeks, but I'm still getting pretty consistent pimples (small to medium in size) here and there on my chin and under my nose. It almost seems like the breakouts move to certain areas of my skin. At first the breakouts came on my neck, then my cheeks, and now my chin area.

I'm wondering, are you guys getting the same type of acne as you were before starting the ZZ (just less frequently)? I've always suffered from a more cystic type, and while I haven't gotten any actual cystic pimples since I've been on the ZZ I have gotten some more stubborn medium pimples.

I also just started using the Acarid Removing Soap and the DS Shampoo...

Later!
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

didn't notice this thread before. oops
well i guess i will join in updating too since i just started! :)

This is my third day and I've experienced more redness and intense freaking itching!! I'd occasionally get these whitish red lumps that would be there for a couple minutes or so and just go away. They were extremely itchy too. I applied 2x a day but I'm gonna cut back to using it once a day in the evening because my skin flaked this morning to the point that my chin was covered in white. The good thing is that the tingly/crawling feeling has decreased by 50%.

Will keep you all updated.

oh and as for diet changes: i'm taking in 2 tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil as its supposed to boost your immune system and a BUNCH of other health benefits. taking acv in preparation for a liver flush and i just ordered a parasite cleanse as well as a colon cleanser (oxy powder) in case the parasite cleanse backs me up.
ed123

Post by ed123 »

@crazybas,

I have not get any cystic type of breakout for the last 2weeks and my forehand and chin area have cleared from any spots and new breakouts for the past 1 weeks.

I do not apply zz cream to my neck since no acne/pimple problem on this area.

The remaining problem is with my both cheeks, since the existence red spots seems to spread wider but dimmer and few small breakouts also occur simultaneously each day. But sometimes the new breakouts seems to fade pretty fast and disappear within short period of time, say, four to six hours...

But overall, I could feel and see my skin getting smoother and whiter (especially after bath)... do you have the same experience?

:)
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

@ed, how long have you been using the zz cream?

day4 : i woke up today and my face looks SO BAD. red rashes all over my face. and it's just red all over. my skin feels more "crustier" too. i'm using the zz cream only in the evening so i applied argan oil to moisturize. but it's still dry. =( it'll pass soon!
ed123

Post by ed123 »

Hi,

I notice you are new in the forum! Glad to have you in this forum....Welcome... :D

Actually if you read my post earlier in this forum, probably you'll know that I was in your position before....

My nickname was "the almost cooked monster" by my colleague, as if everybody seeing red face monster walking under sun light, that's the 'hardest-darkest-saddest' moment in my entire life.... as if I heard myself singing "why does the sun goes on shining...." :cry:

But time goes by, and slowly, my skin begin to heal, I must say I am so much better than few weeks ago...

So, I have been through that stage and here I am... still live and breathing....and thing is getting better.... some redness and flakiness on both cheeks..., but I just not going to give my focus on the flakiness any more...

Red spots are dimmer each and everyday....

Some ups and downs on emotions along the way, but that's it, after all we have to admit, we are human being, not a piece of rock!

So, keep up with your feeling and don't apply too much zz cream, if your skin react terribly, try to slow down on zz cream, probably once a day, especially at night, and when you use warm water for face washing after bath, make sure is not coffee hot, just a bit warm, that's enough!

And another point: "avoid direct sun light", my skin pores react to the direct sun light on the beginning...

Don't wash your face with liquid soap or hypo allergenic soap too often... probably two ~ three times a week, since your skin condition is rather sensitive at the beginning of zz medication...

Alkalize colon using ACV, avoid fried foods (especially: KFC, McDonald, Texas Fried Chicken....all are frieds, no use to junk your belly with such useless junk foods! I am not antipathy to those Food Retails, but that's the fact, have you ever watch the MacDonald Experiment before? A healthy guy after eating the MacD for three months actually showing signs of having all the modern sickness - high colesterol, etc, etc...?")

French Fries, potato chips could give so much calories ever than you could imagine, that if you burn it with matches, it could produce/burn for say a piece for a 20 seconds flame ? We actually eating that kind of food?

Soft drinks : coca cola, pepsi, 7up, miranda.... seek for the "destructive health effects of soft drinks from some of the leading authors on health, nutrition and junk food" at: http://www.ionizers.org/soft-drinks.html....

Soft drink could actually results in damage of white blood cells, try search white blood cells cancer statistics from the internet... do you see any significant increase on the sufferer statistics each and every year?

or google for soft drink / soda drink side effect, you'll find alot of articles on the regarded topics.

Why would more and more organics foods exist on the market? I guess simply because more and more foods producer using chemical substances to speed up the vegetation growth that actually leading to all shorts of health problems, and people are getting aware of the foods they are consuming?

Human are advancing in technologies and entertainment, but deteriorating in health.... What a pity paradox!!!

Take care and make sure to write down all your ups and downs feelings on this forum, it surely helps, at least I tried that before, somehow helpful ... :mrgreen:

Wish we all recover soon...

"Believe: your life is what you believe, if you convince it is not so dark, it surely will get brighter somehow..." :)

Namo Amitabha :)
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

hey ed, thanks for the welcome :)
this forum seems really inactive so its encouraging to see that you posted such a detailed response :) thanks for all the info!

this is day 5 for me and its about the same as day 4, maybe worse. i'm just curious and this is a question for anyone on this board..

my skin has not necessarily broken out in pimples or anything but instead its broken out in these raised red rash-like blemishes and the occasional tiny tiny whitehead that you could only see if you were examining my skin. these raised rashed blemishes are all over my cheeks and my chin is just all red and my forehead seems to be holding up okay with just two whiteheads. please tell me that these rashes are normal :shock: :oops: :cry:
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Don't worry. These are normal. At least that's what I have when I break out on ZZ. No huge pimples, no cysts anymore, only these tiny blemishes ( some of which itch like crazy when they appear )....

Well at least, if they aren't "normal", we are in the same boat. If it helps you : I'm two months in the treatment now and even if my skin isn't healed yet, it's a lot better than what it used to be and I don't have the huge pimples I had with my rosacea like before. Redness is reduced and when I'm not in the middle of a breakout, my skin looks almost normal.

Just stay strong ! :)
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

when you say "a lot better than it used to be" do you mean BEFORE the zz ointment treatment or are you talking about the initial breakout period.

i'm only 6 days into the treatment right now. still itches and there's still some redness.
i even skipped class today because it's that bad.
i had mild/moderate acne before the treatment and now it just looks like i have severe acne. =(
it's a rough ride but i'm hanging on! :)

oh i have another question. when did the crawly feeling go away? or.. how long did it take to go away? tomorrow will be the 1 week mark and i'm still feeling the little critters..
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Two or three days after I started with ZZ, my skin got pretty bad : a rash on both cheeks and forehead, skin very red and really itchy. Now, two months into the treatment, my skin is better than it was before I started the treatment ( and especially a LOT better than when I stopped the antibiotic ). Prior to ZZ, I used to get rather large pimples, half of which turned into whiteheads and left a mark...I also used to have cysts from time to time. Now, no more cysts and no more large pimples. I have very small spots, half of which are flat and can be seen from a certain angle because they are so small...My skin is also smoother. Prior to the treatment, it was really rough and redness was more intense. Now, there are days where my skin looks almost normal which never happened for the last three years...However I still breakout once a week into these small pimples. Hope it will eventually settle down after a while and that breakouts will stop. Noticed it especially happens ( breakouts are more important ) when I use more ZZ and when I eat fat food/red meat. Anyway, breakouts are nowhere near what they used to be and nowhere near what I used to have prior to the treatment. Keeping my fingers crossed.
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

My acne seems to be settling down now, after about two weeks of some larger activity and larger pimples.

I just started using the ZZ 2x a day (about 5 days ago) rather than just 1x a day and have found that when I apply the ZZ very thinly it seems to work better- from a dryness standpoint and an acne standpoint.

Which is something for newer users to keep in mind...
ed123

Post by ed123 »

Hi,

I just searched the old forum posts yesterday and found interesting points:
1. whenever tickling, don't scratch your face with your fingers, use tissue instead;
2. don't expose your face to sun light direct if you are using zz cream at the beginning;
3. apply candida diet whenever possible;
4. colon cleansing; liver flushing; kidney cleansing;
5. control what kind of foods entering to your mouth.
6. Avoid man made vegetable oil;
7. Avoid sugar / reduce sugar consumption;
8. use a bit of emu oil in the morning (emu oil only after bath in case of flakiness);
9. do some exercises that would generate a bit of sweats on your face in the morning and night before bath;
10. Try to apply regular sleep and eating habits (probably the same timing in order to regulate the insulin and adrenalin hormones);
11. Try to eat half full, quarter full would even better, drink at least 2liter of water / day.

Hopefully will help us all....

Best Wishes,
ed123