Rosacea, laser and ZZ cream

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

ed123

Diet for Acne & Pimple Prone Skin

Post by ed123 »

Hi Crazybas,

Many thanks for your wonderful comment on how to do diet for people with skin prone to acne.

I realised that many methods out there that teach us how to do diets, yet simply no guarantee what works best for one individual will work for others also!

Sometimes we call it "LUCK" (suppose we have to name it "Labour Under Correct Knowledge"? :mrgreen: ) must be at work to ensure we gain best maximum result of the diets we are planning to do.

Again, I think, we need to test it out, which method is working best to ourselves? I personally have tested out on the eggs, and it really works! Once I stop eating eggs and its generated products, the whitehead started to shrink and disappear, hence for myself, stop consuming eggs (and its generated products) did help to stop the whitehead from my face.

Secondly, I had tested out to stop eating various kind of nuts (halzenut is one of those nuts that drive me nuts :lol: ), and yes, indeed also help to reduce a bit of the new break out!

Lastly, to alkalize my diet and clean my colon from excessive sugar (acid) that preventing colon performing good digestion, I have started consuming the Apple cider vinegar 5 days ago..

Well, not sure which is the best contributing factor on reducing new break out, but today, on the 9th day of using zz cream, I had a bit of confident that my skin is turning smoother and less sensitive, no more new break out!!! :mrgreen: hopefully this condition will goes better and better each and every day...

One more thing!
I searched the China webpages yesterday and found out there are alot of fake products or mis-use of zz cream that contribute to massive pimples/acnes breakouts/serious skin disorders that were posted on the many China's skin health forums, so for those buying zz cream, please do refer to Mr. Walter, since I believe he does provide the most genuine zz cream from Zhong Zhou (I buy from him too :mrgreen: Thanks Mr. Walter for your genuine products !).

And there's a new products also that claims to be able to do internal cleansing from Zhong Zhou also, but some users said after consuming the oral medicine from ZhongZhou they were actually having more massive breakout and harsh skin condition.

Please take care on using or consuming medicine (especially oral) since many fake products exist in global market right now!

Sincerely,
Ed
crazybas

Re: Rosacea, laser and ZZ cream

Post by crazybas »

Hey Dr. Vladimir and Kibong,
I was wondering what kind of acne breakouts you have had since you've been on the ZZ Cream. Do the breakouts consist of a lot of small pimples (or whiteheads), or are there just a few larger pimples, or are the breakouts something different?

I'm just wondering because the last 3 days or so I've gotten several pimples on my face (and more on my neck where I'm also using the ZZ). These are really the first significant pimples (medium in size) I've had since I've been on the ZZ cream and I've been on it for 17 days. My neck especially seems to be breaking out unusually, with a lot of small, but deeper, pimples.

Just would like to compare the breakout symptoms since I know you both have been using the ZZ cream for around the same length of time as me...

Thanks
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Hi !

When I break out with ZZ, I have very small spots that don't turn into whiteheads and usually itch a bit/a lot. Some of them are not even visible unless you look at my face from a certain angle because they are almost flat and very small. I've only had two whiteheads in a bit more than a month ( I used to have these a lot more when I wasn't on ZZ ). Also, I wouldn't even call it an outbreak anymore because I don't really have much of these anymore when I break out. My first breakout looked rather bad but what I have now is not really bad besides the redness that changes a lot ( sometimes my skin is almost white, something that has not happenned for at least two years and only a few hours later I have this bad flush ).
kibong

Post by kibong »

my 1st outbreak is in the form of eczema-like condition with no acne
while for the 2nd one (now) i get many small acne (papule) and few are medium in size scattered on my cheek+ temple but no more "eczema", they arent really visible if i touch since most of them are almost flat, but i know they are there b'coz of the redness they cause
both include the flushing
ed123

How is your results lately?

Post by ed123 »

Guys, how is your results during the last few days, and here is an article found from internet:

" Are You Still Blaming Acne on Bacteria?

by: Naweko San-Joyz

All life forms strategize to survive and procreate. Weeds, worms, birds, fungi and bacteria all work to sustain their own lives on this planet. In fact, we humans survive because of the biological games constantly unfolding in our mist.

Propionibacterium acnes, or p acne bacteria, are no different. They want and need to survive. Skin bacteria perform an important function. Bacteria use the secretions of our sweat and sebaceous glands (sebum is the oil that makes our skin look shiny) as nutrients. P acnes that are in balance with your body prevent colonization by more harmful bacteria.

P acne bacteria only encourage acne formations if the production of oil on the face is excessive. This surplus of oil of prompted by hormonal, nutritional, environmental and/or psychological changes in the body. So to prevent acne, you do not whan to kill bacteria per se, but keep the amount of bacteria on your skin at "an optimal balance". You optimize your oil secretion by understanding and controlling your response to hormonal, nutritional, environmental and/or psychological changes.

If we upset the balance of bacteria in our bodies by taking antibiotics, our resident flora is upset and this enables harmful bacteria (such as Staphylococcus aureus and Acinetobacter baumannii) to colonize our skin. What’s more, antibiotics can destroy the balance of intestinal flora and cause constipation.

In short, using antibiotics on bacteria is a battle amongst intelligent parties involving the bacteria, the body, and the human mind. If we fail to appreciate the bacteria as bodily maintenance workers and continue dousing them with antibiotics, the bacteria just become more resistant to our antibiotics. The bacteria are practiced at playing dead as a tactic for survival. Even people who have used the strongest acne drug on the market, Accutane, have witnessed the cunning behavior of bacteria as zits reappear some months after using this course of acne treatment. These people have discovered that bacteria do not die; they silently and strategically multiply. If you do not want your bacteria out of balance, do not provide them an environment conducive to acne."

Well? Any comments?
ed123

Day 15 Results

Post by ed123 »

Hi Dr. Vladimir, Kibong and Crazybas,

How is the latest results on your skins using zz cream? Any update? I am still having few small break out on nose, forehead and cheek...day 15.
jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Emu oil works great for dryness. I'm clear on my face because of demodex..but on the days i got really dry ..i would skip the ZZ and use Emu oil. It took 7 months to get clear..but emu oil made it much easier. I purchased it off Ebay..i think it was from louisiana. The company had something like "cajon" or something louisiana'ish in the name
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

Ed,
My skin is doing alright. Earlier in the week I got about 4 pimples on my face and neck that were bigger than normal, and this was after two weeks of basically clear skin using the ZZ. Now on day 21, it seems my skin is clearing up again, although I'm getting some real small zits here and there on my cheeks and neck, mostly where I shave (these aren't just shave bumps though).

So for the most part, my skin has no major pimples right now, just a few small ones.

As far as dryness goes, I don't have any problem. In fact, after about an hour of putting the ZZ on, my skin starts getting pretty oily. I have to rinse my face around three times a day too. Sometimes right after I rinse I do put a small amount of Cetaphil lotion on some areas, but an hour later there are no signs of dryness.

How's everyone else doing? Is anyone here using the Xin fumanling creme along with the ZZ?
ed123

Emu Oil

Post by ed123 »

Hi Jenny & Crazybas,

Grateful for your advice, but Jenny, I need to know which brand are you using? I found a website selling pure emu oil at: http://www.pure-emu-oil.com/emu-oil-products.html. Do you think this type of emu oil will help also?

How is your skin condition right now? Any redness left? Can you show us you photo (before and after)?

And Crazybas, regarding rinse your face 3 times a day to prevent oil face, did you applied zz or xfml again after rinsing your face?

Thanks alot for your information! :D
kibong

Post by kibong »

@ed
nothing much has changed in my skin, getting new acnes these days, which i think is because i'm really stressed nowadays and i've been sleeping quite late for 3 weeks+
(now is my final exam period and i do get some breakouts during every exam period)
btw i find an interesting fact that dilluting the zz in water before applying it on your face reduce the dryness compared to if u applied it straight away
other than that im still applying the cream faithfully

as for the article, yes it's better to avoid any antibiotics if possible
i was taking doxycycline for like 4 months, and it caused me constipation :?
furthermore, the usage of antibiotics *might* damage ur liver
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Five weeks update : skin is looking better than I can even remember of. Besides some minor blotchiness and pinkness, my skin looks more or less normal. I guess that most people couldn't even see it. However I know that it's not over yet and that there will probably be another outbreak tomorrow or in the evening but I don't care since outbreaks now don't bother me anymore : they consist in two or three very small spots on each cheek and one or two on my forehead. Also, it's been almost two weeks that my chin is clear now. I'm very impressed.

How are you guys doing ?
ed123

Day 17

Post by ed123 »

Hi All,

Today is my 17 day using zz cream, forehead and chin area have a few small break outs, acceptable, but both cheek still alot of redness and some break outs on the bumpy skin! Arggg... wondering how long would take to get rid of those red spots....

Anyway, forehead and chin area is clearing pretty good, the complexion is brighter but for the cheek area very sensitive to heat (sun heat, wearing mask or its kind and still alot of red spots around...)

I use water to damp my fingers before applying zz cream, wonderful cools sensation. Hopefully this is the best method for applying the cream....

And Ms. Jenny, haven't heard from you yet... do you use zz cream at night only and emu oil in the morning? Kindly advise...Thxs!
Walter

Post by Walter »

I searched the China webpages yesterday and found out there are alot of fake products or mis-use of zz cream that contribute to massive pimples/acnes breakouts/serious skin disorders that were posted on the many China's skin health forums, so for those buying zz cream, please do refer to Mr. Walter, since I believe he does provide the most genuine zz cream from Zhong Zhou (I buy from him too Thanks Mr. Walter for your genuine products !).

And there's a new products also that claims to be able to do internal cleansing from Zhong Zhou also, but some users said after consuming the oral medicine from ZhongZhou they were actually having more massive breakout and harsh skin condition.
The professor Zhao Zhongzhou only invented and makes one single product,

the Zhongzhou Zinc oxide and sublimed sulfur ointment

which we buy directly from the factory.

It is protected by a secret Chinese state patent.
All the rest, using Zhongzhou's name are fake.....................

Walter
ed123

Day 19

Post by ed123 »

This is my 19 day using zz cream, and I had another dryness/flakiness condition on both cheeks while forehead and chin stay clear... :mrgreen:
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

Day 29

I seem to be breaking out more frequently since hitting my 3rd (and now 4th week) of treatment. The pimples have been staying fairly small but occasionally I'll get larger, more stubborn pimples around my chin region. Either way, I'm currently getting more pimples now than I was during the first two weeks.

I'm only using the ZZ once a day at night and my skin tolerates it well. I'm wondering if I should up the dosage to two times a day...

What do you think Walter?

Ed, Kibong, and Dr. Vladimir, are you guys using the ZZ once or twice a day, and are you using the Xmfl cream?