Been using products 4 / 5 months now!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Moominma

Been using products 4 / 5 months now!

Post by Moominma »

Thought I'd start a new topic. :)

I've been using Demodex Solutions products (ZZ and XMFL creams) morning and night for four and a half months now. The reason I started using them was mainly for flushing. My face was continuously flushed, particularly badly on one side (go figure!), flushed up the cheekbone into my hair, over the apples of my cheeks, nose and chin. I really, REALLY hated the fact my chin was so red as it clashed horribly with my white neck. Like I was wearing a mask or something....erggghh!

I didn't really have that much of a problem with spots, although I had some broken blood vessels on my cheeks which I felt were going to get worse due to the constant redness. I also had the itchiness, particularly over the end of my nose, like a hair was tickling me, but there was never a hair there. Another problem I had was big itchy lumps coming up on my face, like a mosquito bite. These were often about an inch under my eye or round the cheekbones...but could appear almost anywhere. They were quite unnattractive. :o(

I've been using the ZZ and XMFL (as I said) for about 4.5 months now. I'm using very, very little ZZ cream in the evening.

In the beginning of using the ZZ, my face got much worse, like an almighty rash all over my face. It flipping well itched like mad too! It took quite a while, maybe about three weeks to get over that really bad stage, and then the rash/spots due to treatment would abate for a bit, then come back. I'd still get the big itchy lumps, and each lump would quickly turn into a tiny whitehead, which I'd pop...lol.

Gradually, the times between having the breakouts or blotchy rash got longer....and longer. Occasionally, I'd get a glimpse of my skin looking fantastic! It was enough to keep me going with the treatment.

So, now 4 / 5 months into treatment....my skin looks amazing. I can't believe it. My skin hasn't looked this good for......well.......years! I've been going out without make-up!! The really odd thing is that I had a little cluster of broken blood vessels on one cheek, which I thought would never go without laser treatment, but they've almost disappeared. Not sure how that happened, but I'm not knocking it!

I would be happy to recommend Demodex Solutions products to anyone with problem skin. It's definitely worth a try.

Cheers Demodex. xx :)
bayarea

Re: Been using products 4 / 5 months now!

Post by bayarea »

Hey Moominma,

I'm glad that you are finally better!

I myself am also great. It's been 6 months now since I started treating - zz at night, xfml in the morning and acarid facial wash twice a day.
For over 3 months that I have NO more breakouts, no itches and my skin got back most of it's former qualities!
At first, when the breakouts stopped, I was afraid that this was a temporary phase...so every morning I would look in the mirror in fear to find new breakouts.....But now, after 3 months of smooth clear skin, I'm pretty sure that I have the mites under control and I'm enjoying looking in the mirror at my skin.

These products are amazing!
:D :lol:
ATHALIA

Post by ATHALIA »

Your guys post are very encouraging. When I first started using the products ( I followed bayarea's routine) my skin was looking better. I'm about less than 2 months in and had a major breakout mostly on my jawline. I think I reached the part when everything surfaced. How long does this stage usually last? I hope this is the hump before my skin improves.

Thanks!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

It all depends from person to person, some have no breakouts,
others can have them even till 6 months, the key is not to give up,
don't use too much product and just continue to treat.
Lets indeed hope this will be your last mayor breakout but I really cannot tell.
Regarding myself, it also took a long time but it stopped already for years now.

Walter
flan1000

Post by flan1000 »

Hi, this is the first time I'm posting but I've been using the product since March 21, 2008. Initially I bought the zz and xfml products and used zz at night and xlma in the morning. By the end of the first week I felt that the green (zz) product was working better so I stopped using the other. After the first month I found that the zz cream was severely drying the skin so I switched to using the product only at night. My breakouts started 2 years ago and I actually recall when I became susceptible. My husband had broken out with what I believe now is Demodex and we were vacationing and the hotel had limited towels, so we shared. Big mistake and within 2 months I had his breakout. It took me 2 years, many $, and many tears to find this product. I went from compliments on my skin as my best feature, to a complete mess! So back to my current situation...after the first month and 1 relapse, I was clear. I kept up 1X/night with the zz treatment throughout the past 6 months. However, I'm going on 1 month now where all of my original symptoms are back! UGH! First, I noticed oily skin in the morning, then within days, the tingling and "squiggling" of the mites at nighttime. And now, over the past 2 weeks, the bumps are back - forehead, chinline, and temples. I'm so concerned that my immune system isn't effective at fighting these mites off, despite taking Vitamin B complex. Is that possible that the mites are gaining strength and they are becoming immuned to the product? I just received DS shampoo, acarid soap and another xfml and I'm into it for 1 week now. Again, no clearing is occurring. One thing I'd like to mention is that in 6 months I've used only 1 jar of zz. You say to apply sparingly, but I wonder if that is my problem?? Again, it was effective for 5 months before the relapse started. PLEASE tell me the mites are NOT stronger than the product in some cases!! This was my last resort and I am at wits end with grief and frustration. Walter, please consult me!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

NO...
The mites doesn't build up resistance against the ZZ ointment.

Question, did your husband treat himself?
if not, he will re-infect you all the time, this is not so big deal if you do a maintenance treatment
with the ZZ though but 1 jar ZZ in 6 months is a bit too less I suppose.
Use the ZZ again in the evening till your skin is clear, then, don't stop but use at least 2 times
a week in the evening for some months, after that, you could try to stop using but again,
if your husband has them, better to stay with the maintenance treatment.
Your skin will become ok again.
keep us informed.

Walter
MtnGirl98

Post by MtnGirl98 »

The same thing happened to me. I used the product for 4 months and my face was looking great, then suddenly I started flushing again, at first not so bad, but now I am really red almost all the time.... now 5 months into treatment.

I, too, was wondering if my demodex had built up a resistance. My husband also uses the cream so I don't think I was re-infected from him.

I am very disheartened and wonder if I should stop. I was only using the ZZ cream at night and nothing in the morning but I just ordered the xmfl to use in the morning.

I am so upset right now I am back to thinking suicidally about it. I cannot live with a red face 100% of the time. I am back to being my worst ever. How is this possible after 4 months of treatment???
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

I can understand you are upset, let's try this,
Stop to treat for a while and let me know every week what happens with your skin,
If you use almost for 5 months, most of the demodex mites should be gone by now anyway,
they don't multiplicate so fast so don't worry about this stop.
it can be that this redness is because of one of the ingredients
so just don't use anything for the moment and keep me informed,
there needs to be a reason for, demodex mites doesn't build up resistance towards our products
so that's impossible.

Walter