I'm back.

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

SteveInAustin

I'm back.

Post by SteveInAustin »

Some of you may remember me from the "early" days back in 2003, 2004, and 2005. Well, I just wanted to pop my head in and say Hi!

I had some pretty amazing success using the products. I was 100% clear for something like 4 years or so I guess. Maybe more? I've not kept track. Anyway, so after a year of the full program (ZZ everyday, XFML everyday, with acarid soap), I was 100% clear. So I went on the maintenance program (ZZ every other day, acarid soap, but no XFML). That kept me clear for the next 2 years or so. Then I gradually used it less and less. And I remember that I stopped about 1.75 years ago. That was when I met my current girlfriend, so that's how I remember. I stopped even doing the maintenance program at that point. And to my surprise, I was still 100% clear all throughout that time. I was beginning to think that I was no longer susceptible to acne and would never have to deal with it ever again. But now I'm back with acne. I started seeing it coming in bad around the end of March of this year I think. That was after I had a major flu virus hit me, so I think it was partially responsible (the flu weakened my immune system). So I reached for the left-over ZZ cream I had, and I've been seeing it vanish once again over the past 1.5-2 months. It seems to be disappearing faster this time. And I have no doubt it will work like before. Great products!

Part of the problem seems to be that my girlfriend also has acne, and I would imagine she's passing her mites on to me. So I'm going to have to keep up with the maintenance program. She may eventually start with the anti-demodex creams eventually also. I have her trying Carley's (liquid benzoyl peroxide) at the moment, but it's not yet effective for her. So we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a status update, and I hope you all are doing well.

Steve
Austin, Texas
Walter

Re: I'm back.

Post by Walter »

Thank you for your post Steve

Thats indeed a long time ago :D

Well, if your girlfriend has acne then you don’t have to look much further,
people always start to laugh when I tell that one can get acne from somebody else, for me that’s exactly how all this started,
I gave acne to my girlfriend those days…………………………………
I also started to laugh at first when she told me it came from me (She knew from Russian derm)
how could acne be contagious?
till I found out in China………………….
Anyway, for most people it is hard to believe that demodex mites lives on our skin and this can result in acne,
as long as you treat, physical contact doesn’t matter so much, and if you protect yourself
with doing a maintenance treatment then you will stay ok, of course, it would be better
she treats herself too.

Walter
SteveInAustin

Re: I'm back.

Post by SteveInAustin »

Hi Walter. Good to hear from you again.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Once I get 100% clear again, I'll just go on the maintenance routine from now on. Then it won't matter that my girlfriend has mites.

Thanks again,
Steve
Austin, Texas