I think I have to stop

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

rosaceastinks

I think I have to stop

Post by rosaceastinks »

my face is getting redder. I have no P&P's and my face is not burning or irritated when I have it on, but when I wash off it seems my face is red even where I was not red before. UGH!!!! :x
rosacea123

Re: I think I have to stop

Post by rosacea123 »

How long have you been using it? I have started little less than a week in. I have the occasional P&P. Was looking at getting rid of the constant red and some of the swelling
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

I have been using everyday for a week but the week before that I would use it off and on, so together two weeks. My face is calming down some, not as red now. I do not think this helps vascular rosacea. I do have to say it did take redness down alot off my nose, just my cheeks were bothering me. Could this be the zzcream, I do not know for a fact but know my cheeks are calming down that I stopped. I believe it did help the swelling on my nose also. I wish I could put this stuff on my eyes since this is the worse area for me just to see how it works. Let me know how you get along with this..Good Luck..Jenn
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

rosacea123,

How are you doing on the zz? I actually tried it again the other day because I started to get a couple of p&p's and next morning they were gone. My face has actually been great lately as far as redness goes. I put it on this morning also, I think I am going to keep up with a once a week or two..Let me know how you are doing..Jenn
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

Its waxes and wanes. I'm on week two, been using everynight. It is not nearly as irritating as it was the first week. Most of the flaking and dryness is gone, besides the little miny flares I 've been getting. I can see some improvement, on the cheek and on the nose. I even tried using it in the morning a couple of times. I'm using metrocream in the morning and the z cream at night
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

I am glad you are seeing an improvement. I have noticed my base redness is gone. I only use zzcream once a week. I am wondering if I have seb derm also. I am getting these red blotches that itch on cheeks and when I apply the zzcream it goes away, which sulfur helps seb derm. I am wondering if my overall base redness was actually seb derm. I do have vascular rosacea though. I am also noticing when I use zzcream my eyelids seem more red. I am thinking the mite is going to the eye area as I have the zzcream all over face so they cannot jump anywhere else. Anyway keep me posted on your outcome. Good Luck..
rouge

Post by rouge »

I know it has been since March since you began using the cream, and I wanted to know if you still experience reddness and flushing? I don't have acne, but do have the flushing around my nose, cheeks and chin area, and I was thinking about ordering me some of the cream. Any suggestions?
changeswillcome

Post by changeswillcome »

rouge wrote:I know it has been since March since you began using the cream, and I wanted to know if you still experience reddness and flushing? I don't have acne, but do have the flushing around my nose, cheeks and chin area, and I was thinking about ordering me some of the cream. Any suggestions?
Since I've been re-using the zz product and metro cream (white day cream) and soap: I had about fifty bumps appear daily all over my chin! Checks under my eyes (both sides), and more around my nose, and forehead big bumps appeared, my hair line around ears and forehead, and under chin line sore red bumps, big ones. So, yeah, face gets worse before better. I get hugh uzzy bumps on chin, nose and checks. I believe I have disturbed their homes! :evil: There are much more bumps around my chin, I believe than anywhere.

I believe they live pretty much happy lives, then the cream is put on! Of course it's going to disturb their peaceful little colonies on my face!

Gross!

I say buy the creams and drink lots of water: take the vitamin C and B, and deal with the redness :oops: and burning: disruption period! It's like staking war on them. It will get better, I have faith. :D
MtnGirl98

Post by MtnGirl98 »

I'd like to share my story if it helps.

I had no p&p's but had overall redness, mostly on my cheeks and sometimes nose, and flushing which was at times severe. I used the ZZ cream for about 2 months, but unfortunately I also developed ocular rosacea and meibomitis (I don't know if that's related to the demodex mites but it's swollen eyelids). At first I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the ZZ cream because of my eyes, so I stopped using it two months into treatment. My rosacea seemed like it was almost totally gone when I stopped but within a couple of weeks of stopping, it returned.

I've since figured out the ZZ cream has absolutely nothing to do with my eye condition, so I started using it faithfully again.

The first time I used it, it began working in about a week... I experienced severe redness and flushing/burning to the point that I had to use it once every 3 days, then slowly increased to every 2 days... it still killed the majority of the mites like this (but again, they came back when I stopped).

Now that I'm back on it again, I can use the ZZ cream 5 to 7 days straight before my face gets too hot and red/flushing from killing the "buggers." So after about 5-7 days, I skip a day. My face is SO clear right now! Just a little bit of good old Irish rosy-ness on the cheeks :-) (Although one cheek is just slightly redder than the other over a larger area).

It's only a month back into treatment and I intend to do 4 straight months to be on the safe side and then maybe 2x per week as a preventative.

I also use Seabuckthorn soap (from http://www.facedoctor.ca) in the morning all over my body and I think that has really given the treatment an added boost.