Questions from new customer.

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

rosacea123

Questions from new customer.

Post by rosacea123 »

Have been diagnosed with rosacea, been on metrocream for 2 months. It helped a little, but not as much as I would like. I have flushing and consistenly red cheeks and nose and mild PandPs.

I would like to continue to use the metrocream while using the ZZ cream. Should I use one in the morning and the ZZ cream at night?

any suggestions?

Using cetaphil soap to wash and moetrocream twice a day currently.
kryszrich

Re: Questions from new customer.

Post by kryszrich »

I see nothing wrong with using zz cream at night and whatever cream you want to use in the morning. i do the same thing sometimes. Don't be afraid is what i learned. zz cream is better than any cream a doctor can prescribe in my opinion. And either way, you will want to start using the zz cream only once a day until it gets used to your face.
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

two nights of use and it seems to be working!

I am getting the breakout and dry skin in the affected areas. But the swelling in my nose is doing better. Just putting a thin fil on at night. Waching with Cetaphil soap. Using my metrocream in the morning.

I am getting white heads and some oozing pustules. I hope I am on the right road here.
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

still rather red and really flaky and dry. Stuff really hits me hard when I first put it on.
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

Hi Rosa :)

I'm on day three of using the ZZ cream and the XFML in the morning. Last night after I applied the ZZ cream, I looked absolutely terrible. Many large itchy lumps sprang up (especially around my upper cheekbones) and I had some tiny whiteheads too. My face looked peppered with red blotches and spots. I've never seen my face so bad.

This morning it looks less angry, but I know as soon as I apply the ZZ tonight, it'll look like Hell again...and that stuff is strong! Makes your eyes water, even though I'm applying as little as possible.

...I'm popping my tiny whiteheads...not sure if that's the thing to do or not. I do do it carefully and cleanly.

Hope our faces settle down soon Rosa! x :?
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

make sure and apply it to a damp or wet face. Very thin layer too.

We are on pretty much the same timeframe. I have about a three day head start on you.

Luck to us!
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

I week tonight. Still getting some irratation and real dry and flakey. Using it a tnight onyl, and metrocream in the morning. Washing with Cetaphil. Going to keep on plugging away. Looking a little slightly less red
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

seems to come in waves. A breakout then better. over and over. It does seem to be reducing the inflammation though. little over a week for me.
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

2 weeks. I am seeing a real improvement on good days. Bad days are getting fewer. My flakiness is subsiding as well. The cream is note burning as much as well. I think I might be turning th corner after the intial break out period. I hope so!
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

Hi :)

It's about two weeks for me too, and I thought I'd got over the break-out period...but no! As you say, it seems to come in waves - you think you're over it..then bam! you get more spots.

A funny feature of my break-outs is the SAME places seem to get itchy, with inflamed lumps. Over and over again. I wonder if it's because demodex are clustered there? Today on one of the 'over and over again' itchy lump places I had a cluster of tiny whiteheads - gross.

What does it all mean? Will my face ever be normal? Will I just explode into a great big ball of crushed Demodex one day? Helllllllp!

::::runs off into the hills wailing and clutching her face::::
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

Hey Moominma,

You're descriptions are very pictorial and amusing, I must say.
I am almost 8 weeks into treatment and I see the waves too. And yes, breakouts seem to be very often in the same areas...gross...abusing the skin over and over again.
I think we should give it at least 4-6 months before we can determine anything about the results of this treatment. This is my decision any way.
I think that although I'm sometime unsure, inside I do feel that the treatment is doing something to those annoying demodex creatures.....

So, let's all give hands and pray...lol...that this demodex mass murder would be acomplished soon!!!! :evil:
poohiebear

Post by poohiebear »

I think I might have these demodex mites, I live in the U.S. and went to one dermatologist who put me on antibiotics and metrogel, for 2 months eruptions come and go ,no difference or improvemment. I found this website and all the symptoms seem to say I have these mites, however I have no itching at all...do some people have itching and others do not with these mites? I told my dermatologists about this website and she just laughed and said I shouldn't try to diagnose my symptoms on a website., she didn't even test me for demodex mites,just goes to show me how ignorant and narrowminded these doctors can be , I won't be going back to her. Anyways it states the zz oinment can take anywhere from 3-4 months and above mention 4-6 months and some longer. Why do you think it takes so long to kill these mites? I would think if these products are award winning products the process wouldn't take such an agony process that some people have documented on this website and some have had severe reactions or maybe bad batches...I just wonder if the makers of this product have follow up with a study of success rate...I really want to start using this product but I hope it does what it says it does . Does anyone have any info on the success rate of the product?Just wondering and eager to start soon. Thanks
DB2285

Post by DB2285 »

Hi everyone. I have rosacea but since I have been on 2 courses of Accutane in the last 8 years I do not have P and P's. My face is just constantly inflamed on the T zone and I flush uncontrollably. I am currently on Finacea so I ordered the soap because the only cleanser I can tolerate so far is a prescription Plexion sulfacetimide cleanser. It makes my body really dry and flakey though so I have been using just the accarid soap for 3 days now and I am breaking out in places where I have never seen breakouts ever. Is the the soap that good and is killing the mites so quickly or is it just that the soap is making me breakout? I will keep using it i guess but Im a little confused.
DB2285

Post by DB2285 »

Hi everyone. I have rosacea but since I have been on 2 courses of Accutane in the last 8 years I do not have P and P's. My face is just constantly inflamed on the T zone and I flush uncontrollably. I am currently on Finacea so I ordered the soap because the only cleanser I can tolerate so far is a prescription Plexion sulfacetimide cleanser. It makes my body really dry and flakey though so I have been using just the accarid soap for 3 days now and I am breaking out in places where I have never seen breakouts ever. Is the the soap that good and is killing the mites so quickly or is it just that the soap is making me breakout? I will keep using it i guess but Im a little confused.
rosacea123

Post by rosacea123 »

from I've read. You are most likely to get worse before you start getting better. Killing the mites causes small infections and break outs.

I tried bumping up to twice a day with the ZZ cream. My skin said, no way. I got the inflamed blistered flakiness again. My skin was scratchy and almost shiney looking before it started peeling/flaking. Backed down to once a day, and that seems to work best for me. No big breakout just red inflammation.

Seems to be getting better since I cut back to once at night again. Probably shouldnt have pushed it but now I know at least!