New to forum, need some ZZ help...

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

cashisclay

New to forum, need some ZZ help...

Post by cashisclay »

Hello there. I post over on the Rosacea Forum often and Brady told me to check this forum out since I have recently started to use Acarid soap and ZZ Cream for my rosacea. I have been doing this combo for about 1.5 weeks. I use the Acarid about 2-3 times per day and ZZ Cream just at night on my right cheek (I want to see how I react to it).

Anyways, my rosacea consists of permanent redness on my cheeks and nose with a little on my forehead and chin. I also flush and blush very easily. I have no acne or P&P's.

I've noticed since starting the treatment of ZZ and Acarid my forehead has begun more red and now itches/burns. However, I have not used and ZZ on it yet. Is the Acarid killing of mites on my forehead? I just have no idea what kind of reaction is going on, good or bad?

The ZZ seems to be drying out my right cheek (the only place I am applying it) and has made it more red. I know this is pretty common, but when do I know if this stuff is working for me or I am allergic?

Thanks for the help guys. I hope this stuff does the trick.

-Cash
cashisclay

Re: New to forum, need some ZZ help...

Post by cashisclay »

I think I might have to stop, but I would really like to here from some of you with some experience with ZZ and Acarid.

Last night was one of the worst my face looked in awhile. When I got out of the shower my face was redder than I've seen it in awhile and burned, I didn't use the Acarid or ZZ yesterday. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Am I just killing these mites off and my skin will look better soon for going through this or am I doing some damage to my skin? I had to really use a lot of cover cream in order to just hide the redness. Brutal night, just brutal.

Hope someone can give me some guidance. Thanks.
kryszrich

Post by kryszrich »

I was able to get rid of the mites using zz cream and Red Light Therapy. however, i never treated my ears so a few months ago, out of nowhere, my ears started to flush easily. So now for the past two weeks I'm trying to use the x cream on my ears and on my left isde, it's now red, bumpy, and itchy.

So what may be happening on your forehead is what i think happened to my ears...that is, the cream made the mites migrate from my face to my ears. so in your case maybe they are migrating to your forehead???? I don't know, this is just my theory.

But my face looks great. a little redness but the red caps are gone. It currently looks how it usally looks int he summer. so i can;t wait to see how my face will look int he summer. Maybe this summer i may get a slight tan finally.

By the way, i am worried that my ear problem is getting worse. i posted a thread topic here but no one has replied to it. I'm just hoping it's a sign the cream is working.
cashisclay

Post by cashisclay »

Thanks for the reply. Yea someone said that it could be that the mites are moving from my face. I think I might try a little more ZZ tonight to see what happens. If it is a normal reaction and my face will start to improve then I will continue. I just want to make sure I am not doing any damage to myself. From what I've read, I am having a normal reaction and the mites are just getting killed off.

By the way kyrszrich, I don't have any P&P's, but how much did it help your redness and flushing? How long did it take?