Results Thus Far

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Gayelle

Results Thus Far

Post by Gayelle »

Hello To All, In a couple of days time it will be 5 mths since using ZZ ointment to treat rosacea. There are some good results as well as some bad. I had alot of bumps on my face (more like swellings under my skin) before using ZZ, alot of this has gone, the larger ones still remain (one on my forehead, one on each cheek just under my eyes), it's more raised on some days than others. Redness is still there to a great extent but not all the time. I think my skin can tolerate moisturizers and sunscreen a little longer now. Before using ZZ I would sometimes get a pimple or two but for almost 5 mths I've had none!
However, my face is loaded with enlarged pores. What do you suppose is causing that, would it eventually go away? I did have enlarged pores before using ZZ but it has definitely increased. Lastly, my skin is still dry from using ZZ ( there is a wrinkled, leathery look), gosh, it shows up more than ever when I smile. Would this eventually go away also? Anyways, I am grateful for whatever improvements I've had thus far.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, ZZ can be very drying. So, if you're more or less clear for the next month or so, then go on to the maintenance dosage instead. The maintenance dosage is ZZ once every other night, and stop using ZZ or XFML in the day. After a month or so of that, your skin should stop being so dry. You can use a moisturizer on your face during the day if you're not using ZZ or XFML. Mind you, XFML acts like a moisturizer, so you can use that in the day as well.

No idea about the pores. It's possible it will get better after you go onto the maintenance dosage. Try it and see.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Does anyone have any sugestions of a good moisturizer that i can buy and use on my face. the z cream makes my face very dry .during the day i use the xcream but the itch on my face is driving me crazy in fact i been taking a benadryl to help with the itch and of course i practically fall asleep at work in front of the computer. i think the xcream might be causing the irritation beacause of the metrogel. does anyone have any ideas. thanks guys
anja

Post by anja »

I just started using the z cream again after a long break just a few days ago, and I definitely have to use a moisturizer in between. I stick to all natural moisturizers that I buy at the health food store, the ones that don't even contain pareben preservatives. Aubrey makes a few different kinds for different skin types that are fairly affordable, I'm using one made for sensitive skin. Your local health food store should carry their line, or you can order them online. Suki makes good products if you can afford them, but their regular daily moisturizer is pretty light - actually a little too light for my normally fairly dry skin, now even drier with the z cream. Don't take Benadryl, though! Seriously, that's not good for you, you're trying to support your immune system, not suppress its response. It also kills off beneficial bacteria in your digestive system and will make you more prone to yeast overgrowth, among other things.
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Thanks for the information Anja. i didn't know the health food store sold make-up products. I stop at the health food store a few times to purchase other products. thanks for the info.