Reassurance

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

KEVING

Reassurance

Post by KEVING »

Hello All.

Well i have been using fum during the day and zz at night. I have also been washing with acarid soap twice a day.

I am now at the two month mark and theres days i see my skin looking better and then for no reason, bang, the next day i've had a flare up. My skin is really dry and looks crap.

I know i cant expect results now but just want some reassurance that this should help my acne.

I change my pillowcase every night and usually wash twice a day.

Am i doing the right thing?

Thanks
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

You're doing the right thing.

Two months into it, I still had breakouts just like you mentioned. More or less clear for a week or two, or at least getting better, and then all of the sudden you get a big breakout. It's common. It eventually stops happening.

Also, make sure if you sweat, you wash your face immediately afterwards. And if you have long hair that hangs onto your face, cut it or pull it back.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Thanks for the advice Steve really appreciate it, you think your getting there then bang it flares up.

Is there anything else i can do? Im trying to boost my immune system to hopefully further progress
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I don't know of anything to help things along. Just prevent recontamination. And continue doing the full program until you're clear.

If you're worried about nutritional deficiencies, try adding a multivitamin to your daily diet. Walter says you should especially add vitamin B-2, I believe. Personally, I think a multi should cover it. Or take a B-complex once a day.

Oh, yeah, there is one thing. If you want to alleviate breakouts, you might start using Carley's Clear & Smooth acne cleanser. It's liquid benzoyl peroxide. Use it for one minute in the morning after washing your face. Then rinse it off after that one minute has elapsed. It kills the acne bacteria, not the mites. And it does a good job of that.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Ok ill try that Steve, thanks for the advice. Right now i change my pillow cover ever night and i try to change my bed sheets once a week. I have noticed in a few post about re-contamination.

Right now ill wash my towels and just use a towel per shower/wash. I dont tumble dry my towels and just let them naturally dry.

Will this be ok to get rid of the mites?

Thanks Steve
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, I just let my bath (body) towels dry naturally. I have 7 towels, actually, and I use one or two per day. I just take one from the top of the pile and place the recently used one on the bottom. I wash them about once every 1-2 months.

As for my face, though, I always use a fresh, clean washcloth to dry just my face and my hair. I dry with one side, then flip, then dry with the other side. Then I move on to the rest of my body drying with a bath towel.

Washcloths are small, so I don't mind washing them after every use. It won't eat up my money in laundry water and energy usage. I have a stack of about 24 of them and use at least two per day. More if I'm working out. When I'm working out, I sweat, so I dry my face (just my face) with a fresh clean washcloth.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA