Another question for Steve please

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Rep123

Another question for Steve please

Post by Rep123 »

Hey Steve, I've read your posts on diet and I tend to agree, can't really find anything that makes an obvious difference. The question I have for you is, what about alcohol? Do you drink beer, wine, and/or any type of hard alcohol? I'm not a big drinker, but I do like to have a glass of wine a couple nights a week, and on the weekend it's fun to have more like a few. I can't seem to decide if this makes a difference or not, would love your opinion. Thanks.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I really don't think small amounts of alcohol will hurt the skin any. If you damage your liver, then yes you can see changes in skin color and texture. But that's only if you drink so much that it does damage the liver.

I have a drink every now and then. Very rarely. I'm talking about once every 2 months I might drink 2-3 beers in one sitting. I'm drunk after just 2 beers, really. Haha. That shows you how little tolerance I have for it. Anyway, I don't notice any problems in my acne because of it.

I think sometimes we convince ourselves that some foods or beverages are bad for acne. And then we get pimples afterwards, and that confirms our beliefs. The problem is that it's often our anxiety itself and our psychology that causes breakouts. It's weird. It's like the placebo effect in medicine. Like if you just believe that eating chocolate will cause a breakout, you will be more likely to get a breakout after eating chocolate. That mind-body connection is pretty freaky sometimes.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

I tried many times all kinds of diets in my live, nothing made any difference, smoking, no smoking, drinking no drinking, not eating this, not eating that, taking all kinds of vitamins, the only thin what cleared me was the ZZ ointment.

Walter
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

i find avoiding cheese and too much tuna keeps my skin clear (perhaps has something to do with the protein?)

but whey protein powders do not affect me negatively