Treatment Regimen

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

KEVING

Treatment Regimen

Post by KEVING »

All please have a look at my regimen and comment.

Morning

Wakeup, have shower in dark wash body with acarid soap wash face with acarid foaming face wash.

Dry with clean towel.

Apply Zhongzhon ointment or Xin Fumalong ointment

Evening

Shave

Wash with acarid foaming face wash

Dry with clean Towel

Apply Zhongzhon Ointment.

My question is can i apply ointment after a shave and what vitamins should i take?

Thanks

Kev
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

What do you think?
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I tend to shave in the morning. And I used the soap bar instead of the foaming face wash both times. But aside from that, there's no difference between what you described and what I used for my routine when I was first using the products. (I'm now on the maintenance plan.)

Yeah, apply whatever cream you want after a shave. (First wash your face, then apply the cream.)

Vitamins? Just take a multivitamin daily.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Oh, and I forgot to ask. Why shower in the dark? There's no reason to do that as far as I can tell. Except to save on electricity.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

I thought the mites didn't like the dark and hid. So i thought if i washed in the dark i would get more of them. Stupid!?

Has all your acne gone?
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Wwhat do you think about just using ZZ cream at night?
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

KEVING wrote:I thought the mites didn't like the dark and hid. So i thought if i washed in the dark i would get more of them. Stupid!?

Has all your acne gone?
The mites actually come out onto your face at night. If anything, they don't like the light.

I'm not sure it applies if you're just in a dimly lit shower. And really I haven't heard of anyone seeing any benefit from doing that. I was able to get 100% clear of acne without doing that. But it couldn't hurt, I don't think.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

KEVING wrote:Wwhat do you think about just using ZZ cream at night?
Yes, ZZ is intended to be used at night. That's what I do. Works out well.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Guys thats three weeks past and i cant see a great improvemet, i know 2 weeks is not good, put now its three

ta
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

You do know it takes 3-6 months to see good improvement using the products, right? It doesn't surprise me at all if you're just 3 weeks into it and haven't seen improvement. I was still in the breakout period at that point. Took me 3 months before my face was about the same as it was before starting. Then by month 4 it was nearly clear. By month 5 it was more or less 100% clear.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Ok ill stick with it, you know what like you just want things now. Ill keep apply XMFL in the day at ZZ at night. Use the Acarid soap to wash

Thanks
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

KEVING wrote:Ok ill stick with it, you know what like you just want things now. Ill keep apply XMFL in the day at ZZ at night. Use the Acarid soap to wash

Thanks
Yeah I know. I've been there before. I think part of the reason why traditional acne remedies (such as benzoyl peroxide) fail so often with people is that they don't stick to the regimen. They get scared at the first sign of things getting worse and stop. Or if things haven't started to work in a week or two, they figure it must not be working at all. But all the best stuff that fights acne (demodex products, benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, and Acutane) all take about 3 months before you see a good clearing. All of them tend to cause things to get worse or even much worse in the beginning.

One other mistake I see people doing is combining products when they think the main product they're trying isn't working. That ends up just diluting the original treatment, which prolongs your recovery. If you can do something that doesn't dilute the products, fine, maybe that would work. Like I recommend using Carley's Clear & Smooth liquid benzoyl peroxide in the first 3 months of using ZZ. You apply it for just 1 minute before rinsing it off. Then you apply XFML or ZZ. That means it doesn't interfere or dilute the demodex products. Other people have said they're trying to combine salicylic acid with ZZ or something, and that's just a totally unnecessary thing to do, and it will probably leave your face burned. It also dilutes the ZZ/XFML product. And by the way, I think ZZ already has a small amount of salicylic acid in it. FYI.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA