Heat and Humidity

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Rep123

Heat and Humidity

Post by Rep123 »

Does anyone know why heat and humidity seem to make things worse? I've been using the ZZ cream for about a month now, it sure helps with the itching, and the bumps are much smaller. But after every weekend when I'm outside (with a hat) I set myself back. It's been pretty hot and humid, and I've read that those two things aggravate the situation. Just wondering why. Thanks.
SteveInAustin

Re: Heat and Humidity

Post by SteveInAustin »

It could just be a coincidence. It's hard to say what really triggers acne flare-ups. You might think it's one thing, but later on you may change your mind and think it's something else. It's tricky. And if you've only been on ZZ for one month, it is very possible you're still not yet done with the initial break-outs. They happen in waves, just like what you're seeing. And they'll continue like that until you're entirely clear of mites.

But in the case of hot, humid weather, I think it has been widely reported that people do break-out more. Why? Probably because the heat and humidity increases skin gland secretion. Not just sweat, but also oil glands. The sweat alone may be enough to cause the mites to travel from the scalp to the face and back (they piggy-back on the sweat stream). That causes recontamination of the face and back. And both the acne bacteria and the mites enjoy the extra oil as a form of food. So they flourish.

The way to minimize this problem is to always wash your face with soap and water after you sweat. It's fine to sweat, especially if you're working out. But you should wash as soon as you can afterwards.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

yeah, and also I dont think the hat is helping, it is trapping sweat on your hairline and probably temples as well...mites love that