Test on cheek and now red and itchy should I continue?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

jibran9

Test on cheek and now red and itchy should I continue?

Post by jibran9 »

I've been dealing with this redness and dryness for about a year and a half. Never seen a dermo for my condition. Redness and bumps have started to fade by themselves just these last 3 months. Decided to try zz yesterday for the first time. Put a small amount on my cheek and woke up this morning with this red itchy rash. I'm not sure I want to do my whole face now, this does not look good. What should I do? I thought it said in the instructions I would breakout a few days later not overnight.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, that doesn't sound good. Try another test in another area of your face. Like maybe your forehead. See what happens. But when you do this, make sure it's a very light coating. It should be light enough that you can barely see it, and you shouldn't even be able to feel it just a few minutes later. Because if you put a blob of the stuff on your face, yes of course it's going to make your face turn red. That's because it's very drying (ZZ is). Anyway, different areas of your face may react differently to the cream. That happened with me. Like I'm fine with XFML cream on my face, but not on my neck. My neck will turn red and itch from it if I put it there.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
tkr

Post by tkr »

JIBRAN, how was the test? is there improvement or not? just wondering, it wont be long till I give it a go and this is my fear! thanks tamara