Great, but a few iffy things I need to ask Walter or anyone

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

sphanlon

Great, but a few iffy things I need to ask Walter or anyone

Post by sphanlon »

My oily face is history. That's great, but my skin is instead getting dry and flaky. I wouldn't care, except I have a lot of what looks like white powder or granules of skin on my face. What do you do about the dryness from the ZZ cream? Exfoliate the dead flakes somehow? Moisturizer? Also, when I put the cream on, I always tear up and get very congested for a while. What is that about?
Marla

Exfoliation

Post by Marla »

The word "exfoliation" makes me nervous because there are many harsh methods for sale at high prices.

According to my experience, a good gentle enzyme exfoliator helps move things along a bit more smoothly.

--Marla
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Buy some packing tape (the tape you use to tape packages you want to send in the mail). Use it on your face. It will lift the dead skin flakes right off. Do this after washing with soap and drying your face. You can use any tape you want, but packing tape is cheap and it's wider than normal tape.

In the day time, use XFML cream. It acts like a moisturizer. You can use a moisturizer instead, but the point is that the XFML cream also fights acne.

As for tearing up, the ZZ cream contains eucalyptus oil. It causes your eyes to water and your nose to run. Happens to everyone. After applying it, lie down on the couch or a bed for 5-10 minutes with your eyes shut. Works for me. If it's taking you longer than 3-5 minutes, it means you're putting too much cream on your face. Go lighter on the cream.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Rob

Post by Rob »

Once again way late on this one but here ya go anyways.

Self-microdermabrasion by the Life Extension Foundation is the best thing I've ever use to get the flakes off my combo skin. I use it everyday and it is the greatest thing in the world. It leaves the skin so smooth that you begin to cry at the beauty. I recommend everyone look into this product, it is unreal.

It also makes topical medications more effective by penetrating the skin better which should help with the demodex protocol.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

The problem with derm-abrasion, alpha/beta hydroxy acids, and salicylic acid is that they irritate the skin quite a bit. Some people can tolerate it well. But many others can't. Particularly those who have dry skin from ZZ.

You can try it, though. Nothing wrong with that.

For me personally, the tape solution was good enough. And cheap. And didn't irritate my face.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Rep123

Post by Rep123 »

How about just using a clean wash cloth? That's what I use, I dampen a corner of it every morning, once a day, and gently rub the dead skin off my face. Cheap, and it works just fine.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Rep123 wrote:How about just using a clean wash cloth? That's what I use, I dampen a corner of it every morning, once a day, and gently rub the dead skin off my face. Cheap, and it works just fine.
I once did that, but I found it too irritating. I wasn't scrubbing all that hard, either. I just have very sensitive skin. Most people would probably be okay doing that, though.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA