red spotty scarry rashy condition on the T-Zone

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

whywhywhy

red spotty scarry rashy condition on the T-Zone

Post by whywhywhy »

Hi everyone,

Im a 22 year old guy and have suffered from the condition for 6 years. I have a severe red rashy dry spotty scarry condition on my forehead and on and around the area of my nose. I went to see a dermatologist when i was 16 who diagnosed me with sebhorreic dermatitis - and was given various treatments, creams, steroids e.t.c but none of these worked. As i had quite bad acne at the time as well - i was at such low ebb that when i was 18 i went on accutane for 4 months. it totally cleared up all my acne - but my severe redness remained and my face became so dry that i had to moisturise about 10 times. Anyhow after 4 months of stopping accutane the acne all game back so it was a waste of time. indeed 3 and an 1/2 years on and my skin reamins incredibly dry especially after washing it and my lips are still very dry

Anyway since coming off accutane i have been back to dermatologists many times being given various things to try to solve this condition but no success. EVentually 4 weeks ago i thought i had seen a bit of light when a biopsy showed i had demodex. I was given pragmatar cream to use and my dermatologist said within 4 weeks my condition would be clear. 3 and a half weeks down the line and my face is no btter - in fact it is probably worst. I am completely depressed. my condition is so bad i rarely go out- i havent got a job and i am lucky i have an understanding mum and dad but i dont see how much longer i can use them like this. i had really hoped that this pragmatar would work - it has now got to the point where i have no hope of ever clearing this condition. The severeness of the condition makes it impossible to live with.

Therefore i was thinking of trying these XX and XFML creams. I am a bit worried though because like i said my face gets incredibly dry when i wash it. I have to use moisturiser staright away. I am worried by reading some of these posts that the ZZ dries up the skin too much. My forehead in particular becomes so dry often that it barely absorbs anything i rub into it - rather it just breaks up the skin more thus making the skin even redder than it already is.

I am not going back to my dermatologist as they are all useless and a waste of time and money. All they do is guess your condition and give you creams that they must know will not work. The amount of people i have read on forums who have been given steroids on their face by dermatologists that do not work at all is unbelievable.

I would really appreciate any replies. Thanks
Marla

Dry, Wet, Oily.

Post by Marla »

The presence of mites in your skin makes it difficult for your skin to regulate its texture.

The oils and moisture do not move normally through your pores and follicles.

When the mites are gone, your skin will become soft and smooth. You might perspire normally, and you will have a more even coating of oil.

Nothing else that I know of works like these products work!

--Marla
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Thing is, I'm not sure anything makes your face dryer than Accutane. The ZZ cream is not going to be a problem for you if you tolerated Accutane. Trust me. I once used Accutane as well. ZZ is not even close! True, you might get some dryness and some flaking, but it's easy to control. And once you're clear, you can go on the maintenance dosage of ZZ once every other night, and the dryness will go away.

Dry lips... Ask your derm for a topical ointment called Cutivate if your lips are just really chapped and cracked from Accutane. It's a topical steroid to help your body heal your lips. When used for as little as 3 days, it allows your lips to heal. I don't like steroids in general, but the purpose here is to use it just for a short period of time so that your body can heal itself.

You won't know if this stuff works for you unless you try it. Give it a try. But be sincere about it. Don't just go on it for 2 weeks and stop just because it's getting worse. It will get worse. You'll have a break-out. In fact, when your derm put you on that anti-demodex mite stuff, you had a break-out. That's a good sign. It means the mites are dying. The same thing will happen when you go on ZZ + XFML. You'll break-out after 5 days and will continue for about 6 weeks or more. Then it will start to get better gradually. After 3 months you'll probably know whether or not it's working. But I'd give it a full 6 months before abandoning it if it's not working.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
hawaiigirl

rashy condition any better why why why?

Post by hawaiigirl »

to whywhywhy, Just wanted to know if you tried the zz cream and if so how you are doing. If indeed demodex mites are your problem then this cream will help you. It may not CURE it but it will give you your life back. hawaiigirl