After 2 years..

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

jusu

After 2 years..

Post by jusu »

Hi everyone

I started using XFML and ZZ on June 2004 because of severe acne. XFML on the mornings, ZZ on evenings. And it WORKED. I had been fighting acne since I was 15-16 years old (at the time I started with DS products I was 23) and had tried almost everything else.

I seriously thought that this is the solutions I had been looking for. On the spring 2005 my skin was perfect. It was a dream come true, only small pimples sometimes and even those were gone by the morning when ZZ had done the job at night.

Unfortunately, it didn't last. Problems started again during summer 2005 and gradually my condition got worse. Finally I decided to quit using ZZ and XFML on early 2006, because I felt like they wouldn't do anything for me anymore.

Now I just called for an appointment with my derm tomorrow, and I'm gonna take the accutane. Its so sad because I once promised I would never eat that drug again. But I feel like I don't have any other way.

It really seems like XFML and ZZ lost their effect somehow. Does anyone have similar experiencies? What do you suggest I would do? I really believe that these mites are playing a big role when it comes to acne.
Reny

Post by Reny »

Hi I want to answer you and I hope you understand my English. I'm in USA about 11 month and it is very hard to write in English.
My problem started,when I came here. But in my country(Bulgaria) this is not unnown zone and I know about this problem - demodex. I started using DS producs 8-9 month ago and I'm not clean. I never have had acne problem. Now after usin this product I have acne problem. I have pimples all olver my face(before I had only on my chin).I can't understend why but I still continue to using.zz cream because here in US I can't see anything that can helpme.
My advice is NOT to take this medecine and I'll try to explain(what I know)why.
I said that in Bulgaria this is not unnown problem. My sister had the same problem, but after using antibiotics her situation was very, very bad. She found a russian doctor who treat her with ultrasaund and benzoyl benzoatis(this is not antibiotic or steroid).After 2 month she was clean. This doctor said that this problem(demodex)is so eeasy to treat and she doesn't understand why in US thay treat demodex and adoult acne with antibiotics and steroids or hormons
The reason of this problem is very bad immune sistem of the skin(sound strange)and that's why is good to take vit. B and you must be very careful with your skin. The antibiotics spoild immune sistem of the skin.The hormonal pils do the same.
I'm 30 years old and I always had a good skin whit pimples sometimes, but they are not so many like now and they are not painful. i continue to try to find in US russian doctor(they know how to treat demodex)but so far i can't. But I'm not giving up. I'll continue to use zz cream and do everything what I can to protect my skin. But I dont't belive this cream to cure me.
I hope that you understand me. I wish you luck....
Reny
Maria

Post by Maria »

Hi Reny, your post is very interesting, and your english is pretty good too :D I just wanted to clarify though, was your sister treated with ultra sound and benzyl benzoate?
jusu

Post by jusu »

Thanks Reny, interesting indeed. (And I can easily understand you, I'm not a native English speaker either.)

After a sleepless night I decided to cancel the appointment with my derm. I remembered all the side affects of Accutane: hyper sensitive skin, flushing problem, other weird skin reactions, ongoing dryness, thinning hair(!!).. and I'm finally over with these side effects. I don't even have to moisturize my lips anymore (would have never believed this couple of years ago). All this thanks to ZZ and XFML. These products somehow changed my skin texture back to normal. Why would I take the drug again?? I think I'm going to try something else. First, back to the DS regime. Maybe the 3-4 month break was exactly what I needed..
Reny

Post by Reny »

Yes, it is the same, Maria, I'm not good with spelling but this is benzyl benzoate + ultra saund.It's work very good for my sister. And not only for her....Now she is 6th month clean. But my sister is very careful with her skin. No more tenning, no more cosmetics procedure(like cleaning). All our lives we must be careful and think about our skins.

jusu, this is good idea. I do the same. Using DS because for now I think this is the best what can I do here, and if not help completely,at least control my situation.
SteveInAustin

Re: After 2 years..

Post by SteveInAustin »

jusu wrote:Hi everyone

I started using XFML and ZZ on June 2004 because of severe acne. XFML on the mornings, ZZ on evenings. And it WORKED. I had been fighting acne since I was 15-16 years old (at the time I started with DS products I was 23) and had tried almost everything else.

I seriously thought that this is the solutions I had been looking for. On the spring 2005 my skin was perfect. It was a dream come true, only small pimples sometimes and even those were gone by the morning when ZZ had done the job at night.

Unfortunately, it didn't last. Problems started again during summer 2005 and gradually my condition got worse. Finally I decided to quit using ZZ and XFML on early 2006, because I felt like they wouldn't do anything for me anymore.

Now I just called for an appointment with my derm tomorrow, and I'm gonna take the accutane. Its so sad because I once promised I would never eat that drug again. But I feel like I don't have any other way.

It really seems like XFML and ZZ lost their effect somehow. Does anyone have similar experiencies? What do you suggest I would do? I really believe that these mites are playing a big role when it comes to acne.
Yes, that happened to me after my first year on the full dose treatment (XFML + ZZ everyday). Everything was great up until then, but then I had a big breakout for no apparent reason. Walter suggested I stop doing the full dosage and go to the maintenance dosage instead. That didn't make sense, but I tried it. It worked! I was right back to being 100% clear. It's weird. Walter didn't know why that worked, but he said he's seen it in other people. Now he and I both tell people to stop doing the full dose about 1-2 months after they are 100% clear. Then you go on the maintenance dosage (just ZZ once every 2 nights, no more XFML).

That worked for me.

I now think it was a mistake that I did accutane. If I had found this stuff before I went on accutane, I think it would've been better. I went through the full Accutane course in 1999, by the way. Accutane took 4 months to start working for me, and then I was clear for another 4 months after that. Then my acne returned, but it wasn't cystic like it was before Accutane. So I was able to use benzoyl peroxide and such to keep it from getting really bad. Then I tried the products here at demodexsolutions, and it knocked my acne out completely. So I just wish I knew about it before I took accutane in 1999. Now I have bad knees and have problems running, and I think it might be due to accutane. Also, my eyes are dry and often red, and I think accutane caused them to be that way. Those changes are permanent, I think. So think twice before you go onto accutane. Try the maintenance dosage of ZZ before you do.

Oh, by the way, if you do accutane, you're in for some major dryness. Your lips will chap big time. Mine were so bad that it had looked like I smeared lipstick all around my lips. The corners of my mouth were cracked and bleeding. Finally my dermatologist put me on an ointment called "Cutivate" that had cortisone or some other type of steroid. That stuff worked when aquaphor and the rest didn't. My cracked lips returned to normal after just a few days. I was going to quit accutane until my doc gave me that stuff... Remember the name of that stuff. Write it down. You may need it.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA