No Initial breakouts?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

1downunder

No Initial breakouts?

Post by 1downunder »

Hi,

I have been using the demodex zz ointment for almost 1 week now and my rosacea has gotten slightly better (slightly less red, slightly small pores). However, I have not gotten any initial breakouts or inflammation that would suggest I am killing off these mites(as per the killing off cycle).

Is this normal?

Secondly, why does the cream make the eyes water?

Thankyou, I look forward to even better results

Zach
SteveInAustin

Re: No Initial breakouts?

Post by SteveInAustin »

1downunder wrote:Hi,

I have been using the demodex zz ointment for almost 1 week now and my rosacea has gotten slightly better (slightly less red, slightly small pores). However, I have not gotten any initial breakouts or inflammation that would suggest I am killing off these mites(as per the killing off cycle).

Is this normal?

Secondly, why does the cream make the eyes water?

Thankyou, I look forward to even better results

Zach
That's not necessarily a bad thing. And being only one week into it is too soon to tell. But I can tell you from my experience that I started seeing break-outs happening after 5 days. Initially things got a little better. Then day 5 hit and things started getting really bad. That lasted about 2 months before clearing.

People react differently, also. Some people never get the initial break-out. That's ideal of course. It means you'll just start clearing.

You say your primary problem is rosacea? If you don't get acne to begin with, then maybe that's why you don't have a break-out now. Your pores and immune system just might be better able to handle it. Who knows.

Give it a few months to know for sure if it's working or not. You'll probably know by then.

Oh, and what makes your eyes water is the eucalyptus oil in it. Powerful stuff. The more ZZ you use, the more your eyes will water. You may have to just lie down with your eyes shut for 5-10 minutes after applying. That's what I do.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Maria

Post by Maria »

Some people never get the initial break-out. That's ideal of course. It means you'll just start clearing.

Steve, I thought the breakouts were your body clearing the mites? I didn't have any acne at all before treatment, just facial swelling which is slowly disappearing, but I'm breaking out, so now I'm having to deal with spots :(

Maria J
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Maria wrote: Steve, I thought the breakouts were your body clearing the mites? I didn't have any acne at all before treatment, just facial swelling which is slowly disappearing, but I'm breaking out, so now I'm having to deal with spots :(

Maria J
Maria,

Yeah, but your case is different from Zach's case, right? People just react differently because they have different physiological things going on. It's to be expected.

When you have a break-out in response to the creams, I'm fairly certain that is a good sign. It means that you're killing mites. If you had no break-out, it could mean either 1) that you never had a mite problem and the creams aren't doing anything, or 2) that you do have a mite problem, and it's probably killing them, but it's just not causing a break-out.

So in your case, it's a good thing. I'm thinking you're going to eventually clear up better than ever before. In Zach's case, I don't know if he's going to get better. He'll have to keep at it for at least 3 months to see what happens.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
1downunder

Post by 1downunder »

Agreed! and thanks Steve for your response.

I never got any pimples with my rosacea, however I did have small red bumps before I started antibiotics.

Perhaps I will see a worsening of rosacea symtoms as part of the cleansing (more inflammation, wide pores etc).

I will keep a record

Cheers,
Zach