Behind the ears...

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Glaxony

Behind the ears...

Post by Glaxony »

I don't know what is going on behind my ears, but these products sure have stirred it up. The skin is leathery, red and it itches. This has been going on for 6 weeks without letting up, but I don't get any pimples, like I got on the rest of my face, when it was itching from the medicine.

I'm also wondering how deep these things can get into the body. My nose has big pores, and I occasionally get pimples on it, but it has never reacted to the zz yet, and I've been applying it for 9 weeks....
GM
SteveInAustin

Re: Behind the ears...

Post by SteveInAustin »

Glaxony wrote:I don't know what is going on behind my ears, but these products sure have stirred it up. The skin is leathery, red and it itches. This has been going on for 6 weeks without letting up, but I don't get any pimples, like I got on the rest of my face, when it was itching from the medicine.

I'm also wondering how deep these things can get into the body. My nose has big pores, and I occasionally get pimples on it, but it has never reacted to the zz yet, and I've been applying it for 9 weeks....
Same thing happened with me. It goes away.

Probably what's happening is that when you go to bed, the stuff rubs off onto your pillow face. Then when your face rolls around on your pillow case, it can get on your neck and behind your ears.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Marla

Sounds like fungus maybe

Post by Marla »

Hi, Glaxony:

Fungal infection, maybe?

Better have it checked out.

--Marla
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, it could be a fungal infection as well. I didn't think of that. Better have it looked at.

Oh, and another thing is that it's strange, but different parts of your body may react differently to the creams. Like I know that was the case with my neck. My neck became red and itchy because of the XFML cream. So I stopped applying it to my neck and just applied to my face. My face was fine with it. Weird. So anyway, that could be what's happening here also. It's a kind of allergic reaction to the creams. I don't know of any way around it other than to maybe put some tape or bandaids on your skin at night to keep it from contacting the pillow case.

You can try going off the creams for a week and see if it gets better, also. Then you at least know it's caused by them.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA