XFML Question

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Glaxony

XFML Question

Post by Glaxony »

Does XFML do something different or special that ZZ doesn't do, other than moisturize? The reason I ask is that I seem to be getting a lot more pimples after an application of xfml, and they are bigger. I get a few tiny ones after putting zz. I get some big ones after xfml. Is this good because the bugs are dying? Is it killing different bugs, that ZZ is misssing? Why are pimples bigger after xfml? Also, my face loves xfml. It soaks in like a sponge. I am treating my chest too and a jar will only last about a week. Do they make a bigger jar? I'm on my 4th jar and every one of them has had a big air bubble.
GM
bettiepagemom

Post by bettiepagemom »

Maybe it's the Metronidazole....have you ever used Metrogel in the past?
If so, did your skin tolerate it well?
Glaxony

metronidazole

Post by Glaxony »

I don't recall using metronidazole before. It is confusing, because I thought metronidazole is for fungal infections, and these are mites.
GM
bettiepagemom

Post by bettiepagemom »

I believe it's actually an antiprotozoan & antibacterial agent. From what I've read on the Demodex Solutions website, it's used in the XMFL cream to combat any germs that may be introduced into the skin through the mites' biting.
I think that some people may be sensitive to Metronidazole; maybe you're one of them. Try PM-ing Walter; he may be able to offer you some advice.