Lordy Oh Lordy!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Glaxony

Lordy Oh Lordy!

Post by Glaxony »

I put a very small amount of the the zz on my face and broke out with hundreds of tiny little whiteheads. My face feels like it's going to crack. It burns and itches like crazy.

Yet I persist because I do not want parasites living on my face.

For hours after applying zz it itches so bad I want to scratch like mad. I bought dermatologist recommended Aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion with cooling menthol and natural colloidal oatmeal. It really helps, but is it diminishing the effect of the zz?

At night I have been patting castor oil on my face over the zz, after giving it time to soak in and dry. There are not as many pimples in the morning now, but there are still a lot of them. Am I destroying the effects of the zz by treating the itchy burning dry sensation like this, or will it just take longer for me to get through it?

I have also been using a very small accupuncture needle and magnifying mirror to locate the little whiteheads, and puncturing holes in the pustules to drain them. Is this ok? I do not like having pus bumps drying on my face.
GM
Glaxony

Ok this is what I am doing

Post by Glaxony »

I have been terribly worried that I will have bad wrinkles when this is over because someone told me she put something on her face that dried it out and afterwards she needed a face lift. I already have some wrinkles and I don't want more. But a friend of mine said "Don't worry Glaxony, I will take you to Mexico and we will get photo facial treatments if it gives you wrinkles. Just kill those durn mites!"

So I persist, but this is not easy. I am nearly a week into it. The dry skin flakes are awful. Since I have been promised a trip to Mexico if need be, last night I got courageous decided do something about the dry flakes. I washed with ascaris soap, rinsed it off and scrubbed really hard with my bare finger while my face was wet. Globs of skin came off. I washed my face again with ascaris soap. It felt much smoother. So I rinsed, scrubbed and washed some more. I guess you could say I was exfoliating my face with water and my finger. I did this all over my face, several times in the dry flakiest itchiest spots.

Then I applied more of the zz mighty fight mite cream than ever before, thinking I would probably have to rinse some of it off because it would burn, but the reaction wasn't bad at all. This morning I rinsed and exfoliated some, but not as much as before, and had a bad day with lots of cracking and flaking. Tonight I exfoliated more dead skin than last night and the zz burned more.

Apparently this is a two steps forward, one step back process and I can see why people get discouraged and quit. You have to be determined and oblivious to comments like "Who slapped you?" and "What happened to you face?" If you simply say "chemical peel" most people will encourage you. But if you say you are exterminating mites on your face, they will say you are going to mess up the natural balance of you facial ecosystem and think you are crazy and want to go to a dermatologist.

I have a recurring pimple in my ear and I am tempted to put some of this stuff in there to see if it will react. I am thinking exfoliation may have helped so much because it got rid of a whole passle of mites that didn't have to die and rot on my face. I bet they try to bury themselves in the skin to get away from the medicine and that is why it itches and burns so bad. They are digging little holes as fast as they can.
GM
anja

Post by anja »

Before I got the z cream, I read bought a Yonka product that is basically essential oils of lavender, geranium & some other natural essential oils emulsified in water because in surfing the web I read about a woman who said she had tried everything for a rash around her nose and mouth that sounded very similar to mine and that was the only thing that worked for her. I got the z cream shortly after, and while I never gave the other product a fair test, I have used it occasionally since then on minor pimples and it does seem to help. The essential oils might have parasite/mite-killing properties, but I wonder if it would have worked to kill mites in deeper layers .....

I think part of the reason the Z cream works to kill the mites is not just the herbs, sulfur & zinc oxide, but the exfoliating action of it so that it gets down to the deeper layers of skin. I did not have a real bad problem to begin with, but I knew it was parasitic in origin, and I had never connected my recurring "hormonal" on-again/off-again acne with the pimply, peeling red rash around my nose, but the Z-cream cleared both up beautifully. I didn't use it as long as recommended because I went on a homeopathic program that required me to avoid anything with mint or camphor, but my skin has been pretty clear since. I figured I would start over if I began breaking out again. It did get painfully dry some days on the z-cream, and I had a lot of flaking in the beginning, but after a week or two, my skin seemed to adjust. I used a totally natural moisturizer on days felt like I really needed it (no chemical ingredients or mineral oils whatsoever), and that made the dryness more tolerable. Everyone said my skin looked gorgeous within a few days of stopping it 6 weeks later once it started to normalize - better than it's been in a long time, I think! I'm a 38-yo female and I did notice my early crows feet seemed a bit worse afterward, but it's also possible that this is totally coincidental. I've been under a fair amount of stress lately, and have some overall chronic health issues I'm still trying to figure out, and I've noticed it all seems to be aging me pretty fast the last 4 years or so.

You're not really going to get a face lift, are you? That's mutilation in my book... the map of your life is in your face. Not to mention a bunch of important acupuncture points. I don't know what country you're in, but this youth-oriented culture in the US is warped.

BTW, that pimple in your ear is probably demodex, too. I would put the Z-cream on it if I were you. I had little tiny pimples and itching a little bit inside my nose, and I put the cream there, too. The other thing they recommend is I think B vitamins (good quality) and anything you can do to boost your immunity, which to me means cleaning out old toxic junk in your organs & cells, and maybe taking some immune boosting herbs and/or supplements. I'm trying a product for myself right now called Transfer Factor Plus, it has colostrum, olive leaf extract, some medicinal mushroom extracts & a few other things. It's really expensive, though. I decided to give it a try on myself because it seems to be reviving my 16 year old dog in kidney failure (within reason for an old girl like her).

My advice is stick with it. I'm not sure about the castor oil, I use it in therapeutic heat packs, but I've never tried putting it on my face. I know it's supposed to have drawing properties, but not sure if it would plug pores. Ive read the mites live in sebaceous glands and like oils, so I guess logic would dictate using them sparingly.

Good luck!
Glaxony

thank you for the thoughtful comments and advice

Post by Glaxony »

I am fifty and most people say I look younger. I like it that way. I sure hope this stuff doesn't make me look older than I am. I might consider ironing out a few wrinkles if I suddenly looked a whole lot older in a matter of a few weeks.
GM