dangerous to use XFML for long periods?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Johanna

dangerous to use XFML for long periods?

Post by Johanna »

I am concerned about using the XFML for so long (year and a half). I use very little...a jar lasts two months or so. Any comments on this? I wish I wasn't using an antibiotic for so long.

Thanks,

Johanna
Johanna

Post by Johanna »

Hi-

I was wondering if someone like Walter could answer this for me. I am getting really concerned about using the XFML for so long. I am willing to try the ZZ ointment again, but I would like some advice since I am soooo sensitive to it.

Thank you-

Johanna
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Johanna

Hard to tell if using the fumanling for a longer time can have any negative influences, many people
are using (topical) metronidazole products, for example metrogel for many many years but most products contain only 0.75 or 1% metronidazole,
the Fumanling 3%.
I am not aware of any side effects because of extended use of Fumanling but I am afraid I am not in a position to answer this question scientifically,
maybe better to ask a doctor what he thinks about it.
I general I would think that by using a antibiotic for a long time there is always the possibility that bacteria build resistance against the antibiotic,
don’t know about the Fumanling though.
How are the results you had by now?

Walter
Johanna

Post by Johanna »

Hi Walter-

I would say that I am over 90 % better now. I still get pimples often and clogged pores though (pimples are usually small and go away quickly).

My problem with the ZZ was that my skin always looked like it was burned when I used it. I used it for almost 9 months continously. I also had extremely dry/flakey skin when I used it. I really wish that DS would come up with a benign moisturizer that could be used after the intense part of the treatment was over. Everything I use seems to cause more problems.

The main reason I am still using the XFML is because I need to have some moisture on my face ( live in a very arid environment). If I don't, I breakout more, if I try something else, I breakout more. I use a very tiny amount of the XFML, a jar can last well over 2 months.

I just want to get off of the XFML!! I know it cannot be good to use for this long. I don't want to cause more problems by possibly creating resistant bacteria.

Thank you Walter,

Johanna
pas

same problem

Post by pas »

hi johanna

I have been using zz for 4 months and i have still not adjusted to it. If anything its just making my skin worse. I am dry and flaky all the time especially round my mouth and have more pimples than ever on my nose and forehead. Also my skin is looking quite dry and burnt.I realise u didnt adjust even after 9 months. Did u use it every night, and when it got bad did u try and let your skin calm down. What effects was the zz having on your pimples and redness etc. I am using such a small amount every third day and still having prolems my skin looks awful. I just assumed that i would adjust to it but it seems not everyone does. ZZ was really my last hope and i was really determined to give it a go

It would be great to know exactly what effect zz was having onyour skin
Johanna

Post by Johanna »

Hi Pas-

In all honesty, my skin never adjusted to the ZZ. I used it every night for many months, my skin was so dry, red, flakey and the pimples kept coming as well.

I started to taper off and use it a couple of nights a week and then, I think it was sometime last summer I stopped using it. I do use it for spot treating though.

My skin has calmed down for the most part, as far as the redness and flaking go. I also think the breakouts have gotten considerably better as well. I still have acne and clogged pores though. Maybe the mites are not the only problem for some of us. I wouldn't think I have many to speak of at this point.

I just don't know what to do about using the XFML. I can't use it forever.

Good luck to you-

Johanna