ringworm and rosacea

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

toronto

ringworm and rosacea

Post by toronto »

hello there, about a year and half ago I developed a white patch of skin on my left cheek, dermatologist said it was ringworm, itched like crazy, and my facial hair was growing in really thin over the whitish patch, the patch got bigger in the summer, slightly smaller in the winter, i've been on 5 different anti-fungal prescriptions since than, nothing helps. NOW i've developed rosacea, i had my first outbreak about a month ago and the dermatologist gave me some anti-biotics, brought down the pimples, however skin is still red. it is happening in the exact same place where the white skin (supposed ringworm) infection was, the other cheek is completely clear of both problems. The dermatologist says they are unrelated, and yet none of the prescriptions have done anything really except cost me a lot of money. i'm ordering the ZZ cream in the hopes that the redness goes away. Anybody have any idea if the "ringworm" will also be affected, I put it in quotes because I don't really think that's what it is, would mites cause this?

Also in the past, at the start of every winter for the last 4 years, i always get these wierd blisters on my nose that really puff up and fill with puss and sometimes blood, they get really red and can get embarassing, but i've never had this acne rash outbreak before, this year was the first time.

any opinions? help!!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

A bit strange your outbreak stated on that white patch, was it still there or gone when the outbreak happened??
allergic reactions from demodex mites can be in many different forms, like rosacea can be one of them, so it is possible
that white patch came because of mites but not for sure, just possible, reactions on demodex mites many times occur
like dry blistering white skin patches which become most of the time red later.
The problems on your nose also goes in the direction of demodex mites so it is possible all your problems are related
to demodex mites.
I don’t know if the ZZ will work against ringworm (if it is present in the first place)
An Austrian company who is going to distribute our products reported that they tried the ointment on a person with
Eczema on the feet (athlete foot?) nothing helped before and with using the ZZ the eczema disappeared,
sometimes products work also for other things as they where intended for.

We wish you good luck and if there is a problem let us know,
if more questions, you are welcome.

Walter
toronto

ringworm and rosacea

Post by toronto »

the outbreak started around the white patch, not literally on it, sorry ,not being clear, but the other cheek that's NEVER had a problem with "ringworm" or white patches is completely clear..so one side of my face has a white patch and rosacea outbreak around it, the other side there is nothing...

the whitish patch has been there for around a year and a half..and i lost hair in that area, if it was mites, is that normal for me to lose hair if they were sitting in that part of my face? i don't really think it's ringworm, even the dermatologist said that i've taken so much medication that it should have killed it, but they just keep giving me more, the last time they gave me some topical stuff to bring "pigment" back, that did absolutely nothing..

the white patch is still there, NONE of the anti-fungal stuff they have given me has ever worked (oral and topical)..itches like crazy...

i have gotten the weird blisters on my nose for the past 5 years...

i have VERY oily skin, mainly my nose and forehead..there's times when i can wipe the skin on my nose and forehead and my hand looks VERY greasy...this happens year round...i've tried skin cleansers that advertise for oily skin, they don't help at all, my face still greases up..

i ordered my zz cream on tuesday, hopefully it gets here soon..
toronto

ringworm

Post by toronto »

ringworm is the cause for athlete's foot, jock itch, etc..

so if it was athlete's foot, it WAS ringworm, just on the foot, not the face..if it was eczema that's a different thing (as i'm sure you know)....
Walter wrote: An Austrian company who is going to distribute our products reported that they tried the ointment on a person with
Eczema on the feet (athlete foot?) nothing helped before and with using the ZZ the eczema disappeared,
sometimes products work also for other things as they where intended for.
toronto

Post by toronto »

as an update..been using the zz for 5 nights now..

along with this..i picked up facedoctor soap and face doctor moisturizer..

i use the soap and moisturizer during the day, (have to moisturize, skin gets way TOO dry)

use the ZZ at night

what i've noticed:

- skin is VERY dry, peeling dry, the facedoctor moisturizer works well and is also supposed to be killing the mites, i think walter sells a moisturizer too, XFML which i have not tried but might in the future)

- i used to have very itchy skin with new itchy red pimples popping up every day on one side of my face, now NO NEW pimples since the second night i started using this, no more itching, i was on antibiotics (tetracycline) from my derm who diagnosed me with rosacea, the anti-biotics slowed the formation of new pimples, skin was still itchy, about a week after going off them, i could feel cysts forming underneath the skin and new pimples coming to the surface

- does not fade red marks, those are fading slowly, but i'm ok with that as this product never advertised it would fade marks..no new pimples, i am happy...

- i didnt' have a huge outbreak right after using as some people have, the first day my skin was very dry and irritated, and was really red on the side of my face that had a problem (one side of my face was completely clear, the other side had all the problems), so i'm guessing i'm not allergic, just the one side of the face had lots of mites which are dying out..

- right under both my eyes the skin has turned red and feels sort of like sandpaper even after i moisturize, not as bad as sandpaper, but does have that rough texture, it also turned red, best way i can describe this is it sort of looks sunburned under both my eyes, not directly under my eyes, but in the place where football players would put tar to keep the sun out of their eyes (best way i can describe it), again this is nothing major and i can deal with it, just an observation

- skin is far less oily, before my nose and forehead would literally get so oily i would have to wipe it off every couple hours or i would look greasy, i could get out of the shower and literally watch as my balls of oil started forming on my nose, NOW my forehead is not oily at all, and my noise is less oily ( but still gets oily), i'm hoping the oiliness in my nose goes away, i did have a problem with boils on my nose for a long time now, so maybe my nose has had a demodex problem for a while and it's taking longer to return that area of skin to normal, just guessing here) - i don''t know if less oil is due to less mites, or to the fact that my skin is so dried out now, anyone know?

so far i'm happy, i can deal with the dry skin, the no new pimples was the main thing i was concerned about (no new cysts forming under the skin either), i've never had a problem with acne, than all of a sudden pimples everywhere like adolescent acne (which again, i never experienced), fingers crossed, looking like it's getting better
toronto

Post by toronto »

12 nights in, skin is breaking out, there's new pimples forming, skin is getting red again and very itchy, theres pustules forming and it feels like there's some cysts forming under the skin....everything was going so good up until now...
anja

Post by anja »

I"ve been reading all over these boards for quite some time, and the worseing sounds like what many people experience during the "die-off" phase. Just push through it. I never put it directly under my eyes, I think that's too close to the eye and the skin there is pretty delicate. I had great results with just the Z cream. Also would be a good idea to get off antibiotics and take some very good probiotics (acidophilus) and naturally lactofermented foods like unpasturized home made kefir, raw cultered vegetables, etc. to replace your healthy intestinal flora that the antibiotics have killed off. Your overall immunity will be compromised with chronic antibiotic use, it sets you up for candida overgrowth, and that will make you more susceptible to skin infections with Demodex, fungus, or any other parasite.
toronto

Post by toronto »

i am not on any antibiotics anymore

i ordered the xfml cream

update: all the new pimples have died down, no more cysts or pimples, just the red marks left behind by them, itchiness has subsided