For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Administrator
Site Admin

From Pas Distressed with questions

Post by Administrator »

hi

Iam not really new to the board but have quite a few questions. First I will let others know of my situation. I had been using zz for six weeks my skin was amazing looked and felt brilliant. Things went pear shaped and over three months later my skin is a real mess(dry, spotty,pigmented red). I originally started applying every other day however felt this wasnt enough i could feel the mites straight away the next day. I have been taking spironalactone just about 37 gms a day for almost a month this is safe and it is supposed to reduce hormonal oil . Simultaneously, i started applying the zz at night daily. About two weeks later my face was such a mess its unbelievable my face is sooooooo dry i couldnt even move it skin was peeling off especially round my mouth and around my eyes. Weird thing is i didnt even put any there the cream seems to affect all areas of the skin. Ifeel that maybe the low dose spiro has reduced oil very little and is doing good for my skin as my spots on my chest and shoulders seem to have reduced. Also i have stopped using zz for 5-6 days and my face is not peeling away like mad. Also i have a wheatish complexion and where the dry skin around my mouth has peeled has left a lot of pigmentation -looks awful. I know there are mites there i can feel them there when i dont apply the cream but my face is a real mess when i am using zz. I dont want to stop with the zz but just cant seem to get application right. how much is a little bit

I do worry whether the mites may mutate against zz. Not saying this has happened but what if they do?

Ialso wonder what is it in water that people like me and przemak react to. Ihave to wash my face with spring water.

I notice alot of spots come up when new hair grows in my sideburns and am going to have laser treatment but my hair is very fine and apparently will not be able to remove it all. Has this hepled anyone yet

Also i heard salicylic acid is present in the formulation why is this ?doesnt this dry your skin out too

Last question when exactly is the scalp lotion out.my head so itchy

Icant believe how much distress these mites cause. It really is to the point i dont have a social life or anthying anymore. I am seriously condidering low dose accutane anything really have many people had luck with this drug

Please help
Administrator
Site Admin

Answer from dsuser my opinion

Post by Administrator »

pas, from reading your statement/question what stands out to me is the fact you started using "spironalactone". As is mentioned many times you should use only the ZZ Cream or Xin Fumaling cream and avoid all other harsh washes, scrubs and oral meds during treatment.

In my opinion, you should wait until your full treatment using the creams is finished ( at least 4 months and longer for others). After this point you can then think about using other products to address your skin quality etc..

In my case, I was applying ZZ Cream for 4 months. A few months after this ( while no longer using the ZZ Cream) I started to use gylcolic acid solutions to lessen the appearance of my scars. Gylcolic acid works well for me in this regard but I would never have tried to use the gylcolic acid while using the ZZ cream, that is only asking for trouble.

Don't try to do too much too fast. All will work out well if you stay patient.

Hope this helps
[/b]
Walter

Post by Walter »

One of the big plusses of the ZZ ointment is that the mites NOT build resistance against it, so don’t worry about that,
many people try to use other stuff to kill those mites, I don’t know why because there is simple nothing else as safe and effective existing
but that’s probable in human nature, inventing the wheel again, one of the things they forget is that with experimenting the mites indeed can become
more resistant, if you want to eliminate them, do it well, otherwise better to leave them alone.

salicylic acid is indeed in the ointment but only 0.5%, don’t forget that it is the complete formula which is doing the job,
a single ingredient has not much of a function.

You want to do to much at the same time, first kill the mites, then later, you can do whatever you like,
doing laser therapy now is not such a good idea neither.

I suggest you stop using everything till your skin is more or less back to normal, then start slowly to use the ZZ again,
first every other day, then, if you think your skin can handle more every day and so on.
Indeed hard to tell how much is a little bit, this depends on your skin, in general, just DON’T use more then your skin can handle,
even how little it is it will work, maybe more slowly, but in the right direction.

Walter