Painful Lesions

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

madlyn

Painful Lesions

Post by madlyn »

Hi everyone, I am very new to this forum so please forgive me if I have posted this incorrectly.
I am not experiencing the wonder cure that so many other people seem to have achieved. Does this stuff really work?
For over 2 years now I have had extremely painful (burning, stinging, itching) lesions on my chin. Nothing seems to work or stop the pain other than lidocaine topically applied and repeated every 3 hours. I am so depressed (never go out). I am not able to apply the ZZ cream to the lesions due to intense stinging. Even the FML cream stings horrendously but I am able to use it occasionally. The rest of my face WAS clear but since using the creams I have had repeated breakouts. Is this ever going to stop? I have been faithfully using both creams as directed for 6 weeks. The lesions are loaded with tiny translucent white things that I am able to remove with needle sharp tweezers and the help of a 15X magnifying mirror. Some look like egg sacs? while others are quite thin and long and are deeply embedded in the lesions. Extremely painful to remove but once gone the pain and stinging stops immediately. Unfortuneately I am not able to remove them all completely as the pain is too intense. I spend up to 6 hours a day pulling these things out of the lesions. I have had other lesions that I was able to heal by daily removing these things until no more could be found. It took over a year to heal them, but I keep getting new lesions.
Dr.'s think I am delusional yet they refuse to look at the things i've pulled out let alone the lesions themselves.
I have tried ALL of the aforementioned medications and as with everyone else ... nothing was successful. I am highly allergic to pemethrin (which caused a horrible itchy burning rash on my neck that took a week of misery to clear up using a prescribed antihistamine and anti depressant
I do not know where to turn anymore.
I have even tried to have the Dr's remove the lesions surgically but no one will try it. (I have had two biopsies which healed beautifully but they left half the sore still there which or course DID not heal but got more painful and larger.)
I have tried to leave the lesions alone but the pain is so intense after about 12 hours I have no choice but to remove as many as possible. Of course after not pulling these things out I have 10 times more!
I wear bandaids continuously. I think this has kept them from spreading to other parts of my face?
Can anyone offer ANY suggestions as to where I could turn next?
Jewelz

Post by Jewelz »

I have just started the DS treatments on Friday and am not sure if this stuff will work or not, especially since I haven't been technically diagnosed with demodex. I might not be any help but I heard that there could be new outbreaks on and off again for 8 weeks. So 6 weeks, you were almost there. I have not experienced any stinging personally, however, maybe your skin is more sensitive than mine. My worst symptom is hair loss. My skin is not that bad but I've always been itchy. Since using the soap, shampoo, and creams, my arms and neck have gotten bumpy and rashlike. But I think the rash is from dead mites since I have used the stuff all over and only have symptoms on certain areas.

I have been using borax when I bathe too. If you make a saturated solution of it in a basin, you can kind of sponge bathe yourself with it and let it dry on it's own. I also put some in the bath water. I'm determined to get over this (I miss my eyebrows lol). However, I have yet to ask the dermatologist if my folliculitis could be caused by mites. My appointment is next week. Wish me luck.

I hope things definitely improve for you. I know how hard it is being a prisoner to this.

Good luck,
Jewelz
madlyn

Post by madlyn »

Thank you for your support Jewel. i have been dealing with these lesions for almost 10 years now. My chin is basically all scar tissue where I have had previous lesions. Sometimes as many as 5 large (up to 1 cm in diameter) at a time. Needless to say I have NO life to speak of and employers won't even consider me. Wearing bandaids all the time is bad enough without the rest of my face erupting! Most days I stay at home as I often cannot get the bandaids to stay on longer than an hour or so. This means I have to walk around with gobs of ointment all over my chin or the pain is unbearable. Very attractive! To make things worse, I am also highly allergic to rubber adhesive. So I must deal with dermatitis as well. It took several years before I could find bandaids that I could wear and that would also stay on longer than 5 minutes.
What i would like to know ... is if anyone else is able to remove these things with tweezers or am I dealing with something even more sinister than mites? I cannot look at these things with a microscope as I do not think I could deal with the terror or seeing up close what is living in my skin. I abhor bugs and crawly things. (cannot even watch them on TV)
bty everyone ... pemethrin (Nix) is made from Chrysanthemums (sp?). Which I am extremely allergic to as well.
I can only imagine how nice it must be to go to bed WITHOUT itchy bandaids and stinging crawly sores all the time.