dry skin

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

court

dry skin

Post by court »

i started using the z cream last wednesday. over the weekend i applied it twice a day to hopefully clear up my problem more quickly (have rosacea and lots of p&ps and large pores on my forehead, nose, and chin). after using the cream for a few days my forehead, chin, and nose definitely feel and look less oily. however, there are also some really dry patches in these areas which make my face feel a little uncomfortable. no matter how much mosturizer i use my skin is still dry and flaky in these areas. is this normal? for anyone in the group that has rosacea, did your skin get really dry when using the z cream and did this aggrevate your rosacea or were you okay after a few weeks of use?

i also just had a mini breakout on my chin. from the other posts it seems that everything will get worse before it gets better so this makes sense. my question is how long does it take to get better? i know that it won't be over night and it's recommended that i use the z cream for 3 months but when can i expect to see some small improvement. i would love for the p&ps on my forehead to start to go away. do i have to wait 3 months for this to happen or after a few more weeks should i expect to see an improvement?

any advice and/or information would be helpful.

thanks!
Marla

That familiar dryness.

Post by Marla »

The dryness that people describe might not be dryness as such.

Expect some sensitive areas and some flaky areas. In time, this will even out. If it does not, or it becomes intolerable, then use common sense.

Often, the skin is already harmed by other products. Other products sometimes work by reducing the oils in the skin.

Reducing natural skin oils makes it difficult to remove the mites and the trash that they make. It also makes it more difficult for remedies to reach the lower layers of skin, where the mites live.

Imagine paving a road. That's what happens when the skin oils are reduced and the surface cells adhere to each other.

To spare you the details, many of you need to avoid other moisturizers and treatments -- as well as too much sun.

When the mites die, the pores and follicles will become free to provide the right amount of natural oils to the skin's layers. Then, you will see better texture and a steady flow of oils in good proportions. You will also see some perspiration, which might not have happened in the past. Perspiration is good.

Use the product sparingly, but consistently. Apply lightly. Avoid overly sensitive areas to give them some rest. Then go back and treat them when they improve. You are still getting the benefit of the treatment even if you skip an area now and then.

It is easy to be worried about harm to your skin since you have used so many harsh products with little or no improvement. Alpha-hydroxy acids make my skin impossible to manage. Even now, they disturb the natural balance that I have worked to achieve. Avoid them, as I do.

All my best,
--Marla
(A Demodex Solution's Successful Customer)