I am losing my patience

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

NumeroUno

I am losing my patience

Post by NumeroUno »

I have been using the z cream on my nose every week for almost 5 weeks now and I am worse then when I started.

I am thinking about using the IPL laser treatment. I will give this crap 2 more weeks and if I see no improvement, I will quit because I have never been this bad ever before.

I know exactly what you are going to say. It is because you are killing the mites. If I was killing the mites, then it would not be logical that it would get better and then get worse. It should be a continuous healing process.

Congrats to those that have seen success with this stuff. But I have not seen any signs that I am getting better. My nose is red as hell and I have red patches on my cheeks now which I never had before.

Plus whoever put up the pics on the website failed to put the before and after pictures of the brandy red nose patients. By failing to show any after pictures of the red nose, I cannot see if this product works for a red nose.
zf007

Post by zf007 »

Hi,
5 weeks in my opinion is just not enough. it takes a really long process for brandy nose. from what i heard, this product is probably the best for red nose. good luck
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes indeed, that is what I am going to say and is also the reality, it is not a continuous healing process because by killing the mites they release all their bacteria in a shorter time
as they would normally do, so the first weeks it can be much worse, 5 weeks is not enough but if you want to quit, you are a free person.
Tell me, how long since your problem started?
and you want it to be healed just like this?
It takes time, nothing I can change about this, before 3 months you can say nothing, better4.
Of course, there is a little possibility that you are allergic for sulfur products but that you can easily test on a other part of your skin, if nothing happens
there you are not allergic, red skin can be a side effect from killing the mites.
I paste here a translation from a comparison study don between the Fumanling cream and the ZZ ointment on brandy noses, it is a bad translation out of Chinese,
I will let it translate again but I am sure you can read and understand this one already.

ZHONGZHOU OINTMENT
New Medicine 2nd term Clinical Treatment Testing Report

According to inform of YuWeiYaoZi(93) No.112 from Henan Health Office at Jan18, 1993, we entrust 3 hospitals and Henan Medical University is the leader of those 3hospitals, to ask them to do New Medicine 2nd term Clinical Treatment Testing on Zhongzhou Ointment manufactured by Yunnan Zhongzhou Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and invented by ZhaoZhongzhou. (Zhongzhou Ointment) as Zhongzhou Rosacea Ointment is a patent product used for treatment of demodicosis by Dr.ZhaoZhongzhou, in order to prove its curative effect, the department of dermatology of No.1 Hospital attached to Henan Medical University, Henan People?s Hospital and Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine are in charge for the new medicine 2nd term Clinical Treatment Testing from Feb, 1993 to May, 1993, and the testing report is the following:
1. Material and method:
(1) standard of case selected
<1>selecting outpatient in random
<2>all patient are adult whose age is from 18 to 60
<3>the patients have rosacea with erythema, pimples, blain, telangiectasia, etc.
<4> the patient is agreed to do the clinical testing
<5>the patient should not oral or external use other medicine 2weeks before the testing.
The outpatient who comply with all above request is suitable.
(2) General data of clinical accounting
As all these patients are outpatients, it is very difficult to take back all papers from testing patients. So we give the rule that the patient will be eliminated if his condition is as one of the following:
<1>not comply with our selecting standard
<2>if treatment is stopped but not because our ointment or lost touch with .
<3>if he used other medicine privately during treatment
So, except those eliminated patients, our 3 hospitals finally observe the treatment of 164 patients including 81 male and 83 female. Age is from 18 to 60; shortest stadium is 15days and longest stadium is more than 30years. There are 66 control group including 32male group and 34 female group. The youngest patient is 18 and the oldest is 57
Age distribution accounting(FORM 1)
Treatment group 10 62 36 35 21
Control group 7 15 18 18 8

Stadium accounting(FORM 2)
Stadium: <1year 1--5 6--10 >10years
Treatment group 26 75 34 29
Control group 12 31 13 10
(3) medicine
Testing medicine: same batch Zhongzhou ointment provided by Mr.Zhao Zhongzhou, send to 3hospitals for testing
Contrast medicine: Fumanling cream, made by Qingdao Chinese Pharmaceutical Factory
(4) Method
3 hospitals sharing the cases in order to observe well, the testing case and contrast case in order of precedence, are distributed into treatment group and control group under the rate 5:2.
We use same direction that external apply the cream for testing medicine and contrast medicine. Before use, wash face well with warm water or neutral soap, then stick a few ointment by finger and applying equably on effected parts. Use 2-3 times per day, especially during night. The reason we do it like this is to increase effected time and result of killing demodex.
Not limiting period of treatment, keeping on treatment and observe till more than 1 month. The observe is mainly focus on the change of erythema, pimple, blain, telangiectasia, etc. on skin, and also if it has some side effects.

(5) Standard of curative effect:
Cured: All symptoms disappeared
Effective: Big improvement, symptoms almost gone
Inefficacy: no change on the infected area or even worst.
2. RESULT
There are total 164 patient and 66 control groups be observed and treated. The result is the following:
Name of hospital Patient group Control group Patient group Control group Patient group Control group
Hospital A 42 3 8 13 2 4
Hospital B 40 2 5 15 5 3
Hospital C 52 9 10 15 0 2
Total 134 14 23 43 7 9
Hospital A =No.1 Hospital attached to Henan Medical University,
Hospital B=Henan People?s Hospital
Hospital C= Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Patient group Curative ratio: 81.7% Total effective rate: 95.7%
Control group Curative ratio: 21.2% Total effective rate: 86.4%
After dealed with the method of health statistics,
Curative ratio: X2=75.07 P<0.005
effective rate: X2=6.38 0.025< P<0.005
There is not much difference between both on effective rate. However, there is big difference on curative ratio. It is proved that Zhonzhou is much better than Fumanling on curative ratio.

Side effect: There are 8 patients appear side effect such as turning red and itchy but these side effect are not more serious when continue the treatment.
3.DISCUSS
Zhongzhou ointment is a external used ointment on the treatment of rosacea. Afer 164 second term clinical testing, 134 patients cured, 23 patients effected, 7 patients inefficacy. Its curative ratio is 81.7%. Its total effective ratio is 95.7%. Compared with Fumanling (sold in market) and dealed with the method of health statistics, there is big difference on curative ratio. It is proved that Zhongzhou ointment is much better than Fumanling. So, we believe Zhongzhou Ointment is an high efficiency medicine on rosacea. We don?t find obvious side effect during testing. A few patients have some reaction such as turning red or itchy. The inventor of ointment?Dr. Zhao said it is an normal reaction during the medicine effected on skin and we may take it easy as these reaction will disappear if continue the treatment. After observe of our 3 hospitals, we find what Dr. Zhao said about those reactions is basically a truth. However, we think it is indeed need to do an explain for this reaction in the direction?s paper.

Department of dermatology of No.1 Hospital attached to Henan Medical University,
Department of dermatology of Henan People?s Hospital
Department of dermatology of Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine

May, 1993

As you can read, there is a cure rate from a bit more then 80%, effective rate from 95%,
you can also read about the red skin as possible reaction.

Regarding the pictures from the brandy nose trial, till now, only Noreen gave feedback, she is becoming better
and already send some new pictures but they where to bad to place on the website, she will deliver new better pictures soon.
It looks it is in nature of people to promise something easily but don?t do it anyway if there are no consequences involved,
we can not force those people to send new pictures or contact us with the results.
We are not afraid to place the pictures from the beginning of the treatment because we know the results,
it would be easy for us only to place pictures when the results are already there but we don?t do this to show we are honest.

Walter
Przemek

Post by Przemek »

It washes I skin mineral water and ZZ lubricates cream lightly. I use 1 - 2 x on day. I do 3 week so.
My nose is a lot of less red
I am happy, cream ZZ helps me :)

maybe your problem is not this demodex ?
NumeroUno

I will stick it out

Post by NumeroUno »

I am going to stick it out for 2 more months and hopefully I will be able to see some improvement.

It is hard to deal with this... I do not flush.. I do not have rosy cheeks. I have a red nose that came when I was in the military.

Now I am searching for the cure for this and I know that it is demodex related because my pores are so huge on my nose.

Thanks Walter for the study. I will man up and stick through the ups and downs of the healing process.
Przemek

Post by Przemek »

use my advice:
only cream ZZ, wash skin only spring water. Do not use different cosmetics. Do not use soap - ONLY WATER and CREAM ZZ
pas

Post by pas »

Hi

Dont worry I am exactly the same. Been using it for over two months now. The weird thing was that my skin really started improving after 6 weeks then all of a sudden it just broke out like mad. At least you only have this on your nose. And like the other person suggested I use mineral water on my face because its that sensitive.

However, in a weird way although it is drying my skin out and making me break out everywhere especially where my hairline is and even made my nose worse with yellow pustules and stuff it kind of seems to be improving. I am going to stick with it for two more months and see what happens. The way i see things is that if it is making your skin worse than before this has happened for a reason and according to the cream it is meant to do this- something must be working. Believ me i have my really bad days and it really gets me down too but today is a good day and i would encourage you to go on for a bit longer :roll:
flower

Post by flower »

my only additional advice would be to use the acarid soap and the shampoo also to make sure you are getting at the problem in the scalp and during the day (if you use the soap in the a.m.) then all your bases are covered . keep going. i have been treating for a year, and although my face is great, i am having my worst continuing problems on my neck and upper back, probably because i couldnt apply so well there and my neck got soooo dry- i couldnt keep applying as much zz cream as i needed to to get the job done. i know that in the past that when i added the soap to my regimen i wasnt plagued as much with recurring spots, and i could use less zz creme, overall. but do not give up yet...it is probably too soon.
flower
baybeebubble

Hey

Post by baybeebubble »

Hi Numero Uno

Just out of interest do you have a dog? I found there is a definate link between pets and getting infested with demodex. When ever I go near my parents dog you can be sure the next day I'll have more spots than usual!

I have been using the Z cream for 80 days without a break. My skin has improved (and I wear make-up everyday, lots of it) so obviously the treatment for me is going to take a hell of a lot longer. I went through stages like you thinking " I have to stop using this stuff my skin is ten times worse!" I'd go through good phases then I'd break out again but as time as gone on these have become less frequent. I still don't understand why it takes so long to kill the mites though :?

I'm hoping one day i'll be 100% clear .
I'll keep you updated
Hang on in there. It's a slow process but things will get better! :wink:
pas

Post by pas »

hi baybeebubble

Just remeber reading your earlier comments on the subject board. You suffered from dry skin quite alot is this still the case or has your body adjusted to it now.

Also did you have rosaceaa or just acne and has it improved significantly from when first started.
baybeebubble

Hi

Post by baybeebubble »

Over time my skin grugually got used to the z cream. I apply a thin layer of water over my face and put tiny dots of the z cream all over the face and gently rub in. I never ever put the z cream on alone! (always with a tiny amount of water).

I have never had rosecea. I had mild - moderate acne.

My skin has improved 70% but I wear a lot of make-up (never day without out it) so I expect the full results are yet to be seen. I still have blothchy marks left from the spots I used to get but they are gradually fading.

I'll let you know if there is still continued improvement in another month or so.

Good luck x x
NumeroUno

Post by NumeroUno »

Wow, I didn't expect this thread to go this long. Thanks for all of your comments.

I do not have a problem on my scalp and I do not have a dog. I just have a rosacea red nose which is driving me up a wall right now.

I have been using the acarid soap on my nose daily and maybe I should stop using that. I will try only the Z cream and water.

The itching on my nose is so irritating and my nose has never itched so much since I started using the Z cream.

I am going to give this 2 more months before I start IPL laser treatments.

Good Luck to all of you in the war on mites!
Przemek

Post by Przemek »

Also dust red nose I - had 10 interventions IPL then it did not help me :{
I bought soap Acarid and cream ZZ.
I stopped using soap Acarid - it is not for me good.
I use only cream ZZ. Soap Acardi irritated me skin nose
Use only cream ZZ and clean water ( the best spring or reboil)
My nose is not already red - improvement is large
NumeroUno

Post by NumeroUno »

Przemek wrote:Also dust red nose I - had 10 interventions IPL then it did not help me :{
I bought soap Acarid and cream ZZ.
I stopped using soap Acarid - it is not for me good.
I use only cream ZZ. Soap Acardi irritated me skin nose
Use only cream ZZ and clean water ( the best spring or reboil)
My nose is not already red - improvement is large
No way! 10 IPL treatments without improvement? I thought it was supposed to be the most effective western treatment for Rosacea.

Przemek, how red was your nose before you started the Z cream treatment?

My nose looks like it is permanently sun-burned (looks like I have been sitting in the sun without sunscreen).
Przemek

Post by Przemek »

So dust 10 IPL - improvement is small, tiny - skin is a bit brighter and nothing more.
Cream the most helped me ZZ

My nose was all lightly red, warm, the time he reacted on change of temperature. It he from change of temperature was done was warm / cold and red.
All lightly irritated the time was. All creams and cosmetics harmed on my nose.

I fought from my red nose 8-10 years. Test showed at me demodex
I was on 10 IPL - and they helped a bit but this not this...
I used metronidazol he - helped a bit.
I used oil pichtowy and homeopathic nafte - helped also a bit
I used on rosacea tonic he - helped a bit.
Tonik rosacea - http://www.parazyt.gower.pl/acneexpress2003.htm >

Citrosept ? 10 drop

Liqueur from arniki ? 5 ml

Dentosept ? 1 teaspoon

Reboil water ? 200 ml

Camphoric spirit ? 15 ml

SP. To mix components. Moistened in liquid with cotton-wool to wash off skin 2 x day.

Different cosmetics harmed only
My nose the best treats the cream the ZZ and the toll of skin the spring water :)
Soap acardi is not for me good.. :(

Cream ZZ is the best for me on red nose.
It helps on my red nose very I - use him 4 week