is it ok to rub off all the dead/dry skin?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

eleventh

is it ok to rub off all the dead/dry skin?

Post by eleventh »

Every few days, while washing/cleansing,i cant help but rub off all the large amount of dead/dry skin my face is accumulating, when i do this my face is very red and polished (looks like porcelain after exfoliating), making my rosacea look alot worse. I must admit i used alot of XFL AND ZZ at the start (paranoid that i wanted to kill every mite possible) , but ive cut down the amount now.

im asking because i hope im not exfoliating too quickly (every 3-5 days), its very hard not to rubb off all the dead skin especially because my face is itchy alot during the day and sometimes in the night.

the only thing is, apart from my face looking ALOT worse in redness, it feels alot better after i rubb off all the dead skin and my face feels great.

also i think the cremes are killing the mites because ive started to break out (not spots, but itchy red patches on my forehead), and my forehead is usually never affected or has any sign of acne. i put the cremes all over my face(xfl day, zz night) because i want to make sure to kill all the mites. are itchy red patches where my skin used to be perfect, also a sign the mites are dying? or is it an allergic reaction.

hope someone can give me insight :oops:
flower

Post by flower »

all very normal. keep going. use small amounts of zz creme on damp skin. you are on your way...
flower
Marla

Dead. Skin.

Post by Marla »

Hi, eleventh:

Feels good, doesn't it? To get that dead skin off feels so good.

If it comes off by itself while washing and rubbing gently, that's fine.

The trick is to keep from being too aggressive. What's underneath the dead skin is healthy skin. We don't want to aggravate it while it adjusts to the environment and our lower layers of skin.

The skin is an organ. It has definite purposes other than containing our body components.

It's our "mantel" and it should be intact.

More aggressive exfoliation of old dead cells and debris is more effective if done once or twice a month. Perhaps even a month to six weeks.

Bear this in mind as your skin rejuvenates.

Yes, keep going.

--Marla