flushing face/neck

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

redneck

flushing face/neck

Post by redneck »

I am a newbie but have been using zz cream for almost 3 months... it has been the only relief I have had so far.

Last year, I moved to a new job and a different building (old one) I was fine for a few months then I moved to a different office that hasn't been used in years. Also, the day I moved in a A/C problem caused a water leak in the office and it was spilling onto the rug in the office and crumbled the ceiling tiles to the floor as well. They cleaned everything up so well, I thought nothing of it.

After the first week I noticed I was getting very flush which I couldn't control. The second week it got even worse, just on my face and especially my neck. I have always been a blusher but only in certain instances... this was becoming a permanent blush or sunburn all over my face/neck. The third week I looked like a tomato and was getting comments from everyone.... I didn't know what else to think except the office... MOLD??? maybe.

I asked to go back to my first location for a while to see, they building folks came in and cleaned the rug with chemicals and whole buliding's vent system was professionally cleaned. I was still flushing very easily and now even when I had a beer??? I have drank beer my whole life and it never made me flush??? I wasn't sure what was happening.

I went to the derm. doc and she said you look fine... but of course the office was ice cold and it was first thing in the morning. Morning seem to be better... i slowly get worse by late afternoon. She gave me metrogel and doxycycline anyway... I took it for a little while untile I went to an allergist and he did a head scan a said I had 95% blocked sinus's. I thought that WAS the ANSWER. I had the surgery to powerwash everything out and.... nothing got better.

I then moved back to my office that was now professionally cleaned both rugs and vents. I am still there today. Nothing seems any different but I still have the same flushing problem. Acts just like rosecea from what I read. And from reading I found zz cream.

Without any other solutions, I order some back in March and started twice a day. The first week went fine, then my neck broke out in a very RED bumpy rash. I thought I was having a bad reaction to the cream, it was hard to wear a collared shirt... it was pretty painfull. But I kept on using it anyway after another week it started to get better, then it went away. WOW, I thought I have mites my neck swelled up just like they said and now they are dying.... good! Then I noticed no flushing when I had a beer and no flushing when I got out of the shower!

Well, it's been about 3 months now and I have been patient figuring this was the cure for sure. I have stopped drinking for the most part, exercising and eating better.

I went out the other night and had a beer... my face/neck was beet RED, I was so dissapointed I didn't even use the cream that night.... and now summer is back and I feel the heat and sun starting to affect me again.

I know I haven't made it the 4 months but what do the zz veteran's think... I really don't have acne or pimples... but I sure had I hell of a breakout after using the cream!

Once last thought, a few months before I moved into that new office last year we got a new puppy. Supposedly a non-allergic wheaton terrier... anyway ever since she was a puppy when you picked her up she would lick your ear and neck like crazy from excitement.... I wonder if this is how I got it?? And if it is will I ever get rid of it with the dog in the house and will I be able to keep the dog? thanks
aiyahk!!

Post by aiyahk!! »

I'm new here.

My face has now cleared up, except a few pimple here and there once a while..which is normal. All else smooth. But my neck is getting 'it'. Could it be so? It was red and bloated and stinging, then I put on ZZ, then it dried up and flake like hell, lost sleep for 1-2 nights..then next day better..I switch to XFML (mine is not DS's version, it's in tube form bought from elsewhere but it is not bad) and it became better smoother, very little stinging..then a bit peeling then I scrape them off. Now it is smooth and red (less red as compared to few days ago)..but sthe stinging come back. I put ZZ on and it continue to sting ( I know it's not the cream..coz there's 'movements' in the sting). [How long would it sting?]. Is it demodex coz I have all the sypmtoms listed. Anyone got stinging sensation b4?

Redneck, do you get stinging sensation on your neck as well?

Anyone pls help.
redneck

Post by redneck »

aiyahk!!,

I think I know what is going on... I didn't think about it earlier. There are two types of demodex mites. One goes away in a month or so and the other takes the full 4 months. Since, I am at the end of month 3, I realize now I am going through the same thing as in month one, my skin turned redder first, now it's bumping up and peeling and stings. I am hoping this will be the 2nd type of mites dying off... weird how this stuff works, but I have my fingers crossed that I am nearing the end of this... nightmare.
redneck

Post by redneck »

I am cured!! Amazing!!!!!!
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

so you think,, do not let your guard down.. they might be on vacation...... :roll:
jmcvey

Not sure if my symptoms are rosacea

Post by jmcvey »

]I'm hoping your right about 2 different kinds of mites. I have been on the products for a month now, using both creams faithfully.
I have to say I haven't noticed any difference with my skin.
My symptoms are acne related, for the last several years I have had small pimples on my face mainly around my cheek area. Touching my face I can feel them also under the surface of my skin. These are not the typical acne type pimple, since acne will either clear up and/or change from week to week. These hardened pimples just don't seem to go away. One dermatologist did tell me that this might be related to rosacea. At this point I'm am willing to give the products a try especially since nothing I have tried in the last years has worked for me. And after reviewing all the information regarding the demodex mite it's starting to make sense.
Minuca

Post by Minuca »

Guys, please, help me out.

I am in my second week of treatment and even thoguh my face cleared a lot, my neck is really red and stingy. I don't have acnea on my neck and after using the creams on my neck it got worse. Walter told me I should be really careful if I use it on my neck because it is difficult to support it there. What happened for you with the neck? What should I do? I have to say that I have Demodex folicuar and not brevis (done a microscope test) and this means it's the mite that dies in a month.

Help, guys, I am loosing my sleep! And my patience... ufff... thx
jmcvey

Different types of mites?

Post by jmcvey »

Actually I didn't know that there are several types of mites.
Where are you getting this type of information on the different mites?

Also, I'd like to have my skin tested but I'm not sure if dermatologists do this as a routine. Especially since the testing involves using a microscope.
Where can this skin testing be done? Is this type of testing done primarily by a holistic doctors?

I recently started applying the Z cream on my neck area, but the only difference I have noticed is that it has a extremely drying effect. It's starting to make my neck area look very wrinkled and aging. I did read one of the past emails that said to apply both creams on all areas of the face, even into the hair line. So I wanted to make sure I was following the directions correctly to achieve the best possible results.
What I have started using in the morning, maybe an hour after applying the XMFL cream, I apply several drops of Organic Jojoba & Tea Tree Oil to my face, just to keep it moisturized.