1 Week Update on Treatment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Need2BeatRosacea

1 Week Update on Treatment

Post by Need2BeatRosacea »

Here is my Update after 1 week of Treatment utilizing only the ZZ Cream.

My Regimen:

Morning: Shower/Wash face with Gentle Soap (Brand: Basic). With pours still open from shower, put on a thin layer of ZZ Cream. (Makes my face more pale then normal, like Michael Jackson)

Nighttime: Wash face with Gentle Soap (Brand: Basic). With pours still open from shower, put on a thicker layer of ZZ Cream. (Makes my face look like a clown) Change Pillow Case, spray heavily with Lysol to kill any bacterias on new Case. Additionally, every few days I put my pillow in the dryer to kill any other mites, etc which are infested within the pillow.

Results:
Positives: My face feels different only after a week. I noticed my pores do not appear as open/large as they did before. The large papules have gone down in size, but are still present. The large red patches appear to be lighter then only 1 week ago.
Negatives: The cream kinda stings for the first few minutes and my eyes water and my nose becomes a faucet. :D I have noticed areas of my face which weren't showing any red spots now have some redness under the skin, but are not overwhelming crazy all over my face. My skin when washed and dried appears to be flaking all over.

Conclusion: So far so good, the negatives are so minor in my mind. I can live with a bit of stinging for a minute and flaking skin, if the positive results keep coming. My face feels different already, the red patches are not crazy itchy any longer and the swelling in those areas have gone down a bit. It will be nice to get rid of these patches and papules on my nose. Also not have pores the size of golf ball holes will be soooo nice!

I will report next week on my progress. Hope this might help others thinking of starting this treatment.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thank you so much for your update

Don?t worry if you would get spots on places you did not have them before,
it is because you kill the mites, they die and decompose in your skin, exposing their host specific bacteria from there guts in your skin, creating infections, after all mite debris is gone this will stop.
Don?t use to much, if you look like a white ghost you use to much, just a tiny bit is enough, I worry your skin will become to dry if you use so much.
later in the treatment, most probable your skin will be able to handle more but be careful in the beginning.

Thanks again

Walter
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Hi,

You found the right treatment. But you should expect the dry flaking skin to get worse.

To help this I have a simple solution:

* Wash face thourouly so it is free of oil.
* Make sure your face is completly wet, then gently rub the dry skin away and rinse off.
* Dont rub too hard.. if you need to rub too hard, then the skin probably isnt ready to come off.

Its very important that your skin is *squeeky clean* and wet before doing this. And just repeat every 2-3 days.

Ive been on the treatment for aver a month and the flakeyness was at its worse for me at about week 3... Now I get no flakeyness at all and my face feels alot smoother than it did before starting... I can also handle the soap alot easier now.

Remember that this treatment, treats the cause... not the symptoms. So you cant just put of bit of the ZZ on a spot and expect it to magically vanish.

Also... know that you will suffer "setbacks" its very important that you slog through these times and knwo that your face will improve. At one stage it felt like I was wearing a dried out leather mask on my face... now feels baby smooth :D

Good luck and dont give up on it!

EggBert