self-diagnosing & treating without doctor visit - produc

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

anja

self-diagnosing & treating without doctor visit - produc

Post by anja »

I found this site through a google search after reading a post in the acne/rosacea forum on Curezone.com about Demodex being implicated in rosacea. I have read a bunch of information from this site and other sites with similar products, and I'm pretty sure this is what I have, though thankfully not as severe as some. Mostly it's just around my nose, though I have had more "hormonal" breakouts lately than usual. I started to suspect a parasitic issue when my mom developed similar symptoms at the same time, and we are taking turns caring for the aging family dog who has been looking mangy of late and has all the symptoms of this, based on the internet research I've done, looking at veterinary pictures, etc.

I have been doing herbal parasite programs (internally) off and on for years, all kinds of cleansing regimes, liver flushing, etc., but I know I have been more stressed than usual lateley, and I suspect my immunity is down because I think I have developed seasonal allergies for the first time in my life, and developed a plantar's wart on my foot about 6 months ago, which I only had one other time about 10-15 years ago.

Anyway, I started another round of herbal De-Wormer, and I suspect this should help any skin parasites, but I am thinking I should also be applying something topically and wanted to know which products I should use, without investing in all of them and potentially over-doing it, especially since I don't know for sure what I have. Is it necessary to be tested, or can I safely assume I have Demodex? I don't think I have a real bad infestation, but don't want it to get worse. My skin is definitely not oily, rather dry and sensitive, and I have only been using chemical-free cleansers and lotions (totally, not even anything with preservatives). I can't find a list anywhere on this site of ingredients in the creams & soaps, and I would want to order the product that is most effective with the least amount of chemicals.

Can anyone advise on the testing issue and which product (s) is the most necessary? It also looks like there are 2 kinds of anti-mite cream, one which doesn't contain a certain ingredient, so I'm a little confused about what to order. Also, is there anything I can do for our dog? She is quite old, with kidney failure and probably in her last months, so I have to be careful with harsh treatments for her.

Any help would me much appreciated!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Welcome to our forum Anja

It is most of the time not worth the trouble to find a dermatologist who is able/willing to do a demodex mite test, unless you know
one of course, most dermatologist don?t know or don?t believe demodex mites can do harm on the skin.
You can not do something wrong with our treatment and the possibility you have a demodex mite problem is at least 80%, in your case
I would even dare to say 90% so???.
It is indeed possible you get those problems because of the dog but it can also just be a coincidence, hard to tell.
You can not do something about demodex mites internally, will do nothing against them, you need to treat topical, the ZZ is the best choice
you can make and has nothing dangerous inside.
We are developing a pet product against demodex mites but this will take still some time so in the mean while you could try to use
our new scalp lotion, needs to be applied a couple of times a day, is purely made from herbs, if it would happen you order something I will ad a sample for free
but please remind me when you order.
By the way, you can read the main ingredients when you click ?Click to see more? from a product.
Good luck and don?t hesitate to write if any problems.

Walter
anja

ZZ , how many months, jars, etc.

Post by anja »

Thanks Walter. I think I might also need the scalp lotion, I have just one little bump on my head this past couple months. I'll be ordering in the next day or two.

So how long would you suggest I treat, and how many jars of ZZ cream would that likely require?

Also, do I have to get rid of all my cosmetics because they might be contaminated?

One other question - I've probably passed this to my boyfriend. He is in great health with a strong immune system, but I see one or two little red pimples under his nose, with just some very slight redness. I don't know if he'll agree to it, but does he have to treat for it, as well, so that he doesn't pass it back to me?

If so, I hope I can talk him into it, since he's not symptomatic, and I think having his face dry and peel from the cream would freak him out.
Walter

Post by Walter »

How long is difficult to say because everybody is so different but even if all symptoms are gone it is necessary
to treat at least 3 months, 5 months is much more safe.
How much you will use depends on how much your skin can handle, it is not needed to use a lot, just a bit is enough
but people who can tolerate more also use more and the other way around, lets say, in average, around one jar a month.
I have no idea if demodex mites can survive in cosmetics and if yes for how long, I would just use them not to throw money away,
the ZZ ointment will kill them anyway.
Your boyfriend would think different if he could see this mites coming from his face but how to convince him now?
just take it easy and if he see you get better he will maybe slowly start to believe in it and willing to use himself,
if he doesnt treat there is indeed a possibility that he infects you again but hard to tell, it depends how good the mites
can survive on his skin, if he has a good defence mechanism against the mites it is possible he eliminates them himself
once your mites are gone, don?t worry to much about him for the moment, a problem for later,
lets first see how you will do with the treatment, if you anyway could convince him to use just a bit on the problem area and only
in the evening, that would be a good thing.

Walter