Are these more eefective than facedoctor?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

sphanlon

Are these more eefective than facedoctor?

Post by sphanlon »

I use facedoctor soap to combat demodex-caused acne. Tell me if, why and how this stuff is better. thanks.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I don't think anyone can tell you the answer to that just yet. At least not definitively. Not enough people have tried both and can compare.

I did hear from two people a long time ago about their experiences with the Facedoctor soap and shampoo. Their results were mixed. One said it didn't do anything to help his/her acne but liked how it made his/her skin feel. Another said it seemed to be working, but it wasn't as effective as the Zhong Zhou product. The first person was only on it for about a month. And the second was on it for only 2-3 months I believe. Not long enough in either case for a decent test run. They need to wait at least 6 months before making any conclusions.

The main ingredient in the Facedoctor products is Seabuckthorn oil, I believe. The Demodex Solutions products tend to use many different ingredients. I don't know which is better, but from a matter of principle, I like the idea of having multiple effective ingredients rather than just one. I've heard some criticism of Seabuckthorn oil, saying that it only kills the larger demodex mites but not the smaller demodex brevis ones. Don't know if that's true or not.

Give it a try and let us know how it went. But when you do your experiment, be sure to give it 6 months time. And make sure you follow the same hygiene precautions that this web site tells you. Especially don't reuse your towels. Switch your pillow cases daily. Don't touch your face. Pull your hair back from your face. Avoid facial contact with others. If you sweat, wash with the soap immediately afterwards. Etc.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Walter

Post by Walter »

There is just no comparison possible between a soap and a product which is on your skin all the time like the Zhongzhou ointment,
eliminating demodex mites is a difficult task and needs to be done in a continuous way, there is no way
to kill the eggs and nymphs, they are covered with a seal which nothing can penetrate, no pesticides no nothing,
so the only way is to catch the adults when they surface or are close to the surface of your skin, otherwise they
just go back inside to lay new eggs and multiply again, never ending story.
Demodex brevis which do the most harm are the most difficult one because they live much deeper in the skin (sebaceous glands)
and don?t surface so often like demodex Foliculorum, that is why it takes longer to eliminate those ones.
You need a safe product to use for a longer time but at the same time strong enough to kill the mites effectively,
probable you can achieve the same result with using pesticides for the same amount of time (months) but
I wonder how the facial skin will look after doing this.
The same with ivermectin, can kill also only the adults so you need to take for a long time this drug to have results,
I would never dare to do this.
Understanding this, you can figure out for yourself how effective a soap can be compared with a medicine like the Zhongzhou ointment.

Best regards

Walter