For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Need2BeatRosacea

Need to beat my Rosacea!

Post by Need2BeatRosacea »

Hello all,

I have been struggling with my Papulopustular rosacea
for years now,. It's crazy.. I never had acne or zits until I was 25 years old. I have been through 3 different dermotaligist with no success yet. I have tried topical steriods (which made it much worse!), metrogel, Nizoral Shampoo, tetracycline, minocycline, etc... nothing has seemed to help. My last Derm physician had introduced me to the world of mites. He had taken scrapings from my face and put them under a microscope for me to view the mites. He made it soung like a groundbreaking theory of removing the mites in my face. I thought he was nuts but I was willing to try anything. He prescribed a topical solution of HC 1%CR with Sulfur 2% CR. He told me to use it on just the spots which were infected at bedtime. It did not seem to help rid me of my rosacea. So now I am seeking alternatives... the years of "we need to try something else, try this antibiotic, ect"... I'm done with the year long tests.

I have recently purchased the ZenMed solution and discontinued use after 3 days because it made my skin bubble with red spots in areas of my face which had not been affected before. It also made my skin itch all over unbelievable all day long. I feel like I can't win.

My rosacea is mainly on:
- one cheek, which has been present for 4 years now, constantly have 5-20 papules in it.
- top and sides of my nose, which has been present for 2 years now, constantly have 5-10 papules on it.
- forehead, which has started the past 3 months
- my scalp is also itchy

It has been difficult in finding the Triggers which seem to be tied to Rosacea flare ups. The only thing I know which has any effect on my is anxiety/stress from lifes pressures. And to be very honest, the Rosacea adds to the stress.

I recently purchased the ZZ cream and started using it yesterday to try an alternative. I'm not sure what to do now, because I'm reading through the forums and see that people are performing a regmine of Acarid soap & fumanling cream. Do I really need to purchase these other items, I'm skeptical just because I dropped 70$ on ZenMed items which I feel like I blew my money? Can I just stick with the ZZ cream? If I do, how often should I use the ZZ Cream?

Any help would be appreciated for a regmine... the sooner the better. :D

Thank you all.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Welcome to our forum???????????
Your derm is not nuts, actually, you are very lucky your derm detected that you have demodex mites,
most derms doesn?t know anything about those mites or don?t believe they can do so much harm.
Nothing from what you used before could help you for demodex mites, only make it worse.
However, the treatment he gave you is not sufficient and only using on the spots is also not a good idea,
You both the ZZ so you have the best treatment now, try to use a bit in the morning and in the evening,
if to times using is to much for your skin use only in the evening, not only on the spots, you need to do
do whole your face, just use a tiny bit though.
If you have an itchy scalp you should use also our shampoo and scalp lotion but start like this with just
using the ZZ and lets see what happens first, it can be that it will become a bit worse in the beginning but not necessarily,
if you have problems or worries about something just use this forum, you found the right treatment and you will get better.
Maybe a good idea if you could take pictures from your face now so you can see the progress for your self.

Walter
Walter

Post by Walter »

I forgot to ask, can you maybe give the name and address (tell No) from the dermatologist who tested you for demodex mites?
In this way, other people in your neighborhood also can let them test if they feel so, the problem is that there are almost no derms to find who are willing/know to do a demodex mite test and information from derms who do is very valuable for other people.

Thanks

Walter
Need2BeatRosacea

Thank you for the reply Walter. I have taken a picture before the start of the ZZ treatment. I plan on using it in the evenings before bed, and a bit in the morning.

The derm (Dr. F. William Danby) which introduced me the idea that mites might be playing a role in my rosacea pactices in Manchester, NH USA. He had started out with normal treatment methods and then sulfer to kill the mites. He is a forward thinking derm which really seems to care for his patients. He has been the best derm I have gone too. I had ceased on seeing him due to my work circumstances and life's craziness.

He had a hunch that my papules would have mites in it. I let him take a scraping and he showed me the mites moving in the microscope. Needless to say I thought it was absolutely digusting. To be honest, I do not think he offers demodex mite tests of hand or per appointment request. I was most impressed with him because he was not a 'hack' like all the other Derms I have gone too in the past. He really knows his stuff. I have had other derms take chucks out of my face and chest to have them examined before... they were 'hacks' who shouldn't be practicing.

Thanks again Walter. I am hoping to see some good results in weeks/months to come. If this doesn't work... I'm not sure what I will have to try next! And if this does work... I will give you as much exposure as I can!!!
Walter

Post by Walter »

It will work....................

Walter
Need2BeatRosacea

Now that I will be starting the ZZ Cream Treatment process I have a few questions about outside factors for my rosacea.

I keep reading all over the place that people do specific things to help keeps the mite population from reaching thier face. For example, using new towel each day after shower, change pillow case daily, heat pillow in dryer daily.

Should I take on new routines regarding hygine like those stated above?

Does food, coffee, smoking, etc play into the treatment process as well? There are so many conflicting reports about Caffiene triggers, dairy products, smoking, etc.

Should I be taking any special suppliments with this treatment? Should I use a moisterizer?

Any help would be appreciated! I just want to do whatever it takes to help the speed of the treatment. I have some derms in the past that have told me to stop eating chocolate, milk, etc. Then some derms say its ok to eat the same things... anyone with real life experiences who could lend some advice?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, try not to use any personal stuff from other people like towels, hair brushes etc.
use indeed a new towel every day and changing pillow case often is also a clever thing to do,
heating in a dryer also kills the mites in the pillow case, this are the most important things to remember.
There are probable many different triggers (food) for rosacea sufferers but this is more as the result from the disease
then the triggers for the disease it self, personally, I don?t think food has anything to do with it,
why some people have problems with demodex mites and others not nobody knows,
I would say, just eat and drink what you like unless you found out already in the past that some kinds of food/drinks makes it worse,
better to avoid those in this case of course.
The professor recommends to take 5-10 mg of vitamin B? (riboflavin) 3 times a day during the treatment,
in addition, anything that can boost your immune system is ok.
If you need to use moisturizer depends on your skin type and how you react on the ointment so you will find out yourself if it is necessary yes or no.

Walter
Need2BeatRosacea

Update on ZZ Cream

Hello All,

First let me state, Walter... you are a genius! I have had Rosacea for 6-7 years now. My face had specific spots which were red patches and extremely itchy. I have tried countless topical creams, oral medications and have visited 5-10 different dermotologist, facedoctor products, herbal products (ZenMed). Nothing they had done or prescribed worked.

I stumbled across this website in study of Demodex Mites. My last dermotologist had turned me onto the possible cause of my Rosacea to be Mites. So I found this site and tried the ZZ Cream.

I used the cream at night and in the morning for the first month. For week 5 and 6 I used the cream only at night. The cream stung when applied, but only lasted a few minutes. My face did become extremely itchy during that month and a half. I did have extreme flaking as well and had a few extra spots on my face break out. I stopped using the cream after the month and a half to give my face a break from the itchiness.

The results are I have not used the ZZ Cream for over 1 month now and my face is completely clear. Its amazing!!! I have one spot on my face with is still pink but I think that is due to the area being so deep red for 3+ years. I no longer have flair ups on my forehead or nose. I really cannot believe it. I have people commenting all the time to me now, your face has really cleared up. You can't get more of an endorsement then that! Thank you Walter... and thank you ZZ CREAM!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Well, thank you for the nice comments..................
I am not the genius but the professor who made the ZZ.
Actualy, you did not use long enough to eliminate those mites but you killed the most and you can see the result of this, if you need to treat more I can not tell, every person is so diferent, it can be that the mite quantities in your skin stay the same as now and then the result will also stay, however if there numbers slowly increase then you can get problems again, If I was you I would do a maintenance treatment, use only in the evening every 2 or 3 day's, this will prevent them from multiplying again.

Thank you so much for your update, can I place your posting in the testimonials and result forum?

Walter
Need2BeatRosacea

Walter wrote:Well, thank you for the nice comments..................
I am not the genius but the professor who made the ZZ.
Actualy, you did not use long enough to eliminate those mites but you killed the most and you can see the result of this, if you need to treat more I can not tell, every person is so diferent, it can be that the mite quantities in your skin stay the same as now and then the result will also stay, however if there numbers slowly increase then you can get problems again, If I was you I would do a maintenance treatment, use only in the evening every 2 or 3 day's, this will prevent them from multiplying again.

Thank you so much for your update, can I place your posting in the testimonials and result forum?

Walter
Absolutely you can post this under the Testimonial Page. I am a 100% believer in this product and the cause of my Rosacea. Again, thank you to your company and your products.