New, Introduction and 1 MONTH update!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

EggBert

New, Introduction and 1 MONTH update!

Post by EggBert »

Hello all,

Like many of you I've suffered from rocacea for about 9-10 years. I have seen doctors, who always say the same thing and prescribe the same old "treatments". At the moment I am on E-Mycin and using 1% Hydro-cortisone cream.

The cortisone cream seems to help with the redness but it only seems to be masking the problem and does nothing about the pimples. If I miss a day then all hell breaks loose on my face, And I have heard that it is not a good long term use thing. (if anyone can back that up that would be appreciated)

The E-Mycin.... Well I cant really say if they help or not. I didnt really notice any difference at all. Ive also been on the Tetracyln (spelling?) and another pill that I cant remember the name of, but both of these also had zero effect

Rocacea is such a horrible condition, It really can ruin your life. I feel it has had a disasterous effect on me in all aspects of my life... work... love and social life. It has held me back in so many places, making me angry and depressed and just a feeling that there is no where to turn.

If you listen to all the "experts" talking about avoiding the triggers, It is as if you need to live in a bubble your entire life, avoiding things like the foods you love, contact with loved ones, excercise, heat, cold, dry, wet, STRESS... hell... trying to avoid the damn triggers is enough to make anyone STRESSED out of thier minds! I simply dont except that as an answer and neither should anyone.

For a long time ive had the theory that something like a bug or mite was the cause of my problem even before I knew anything about demodex, but I dismissed it thinking I must be crazy.

Well my current prescription has almost run out, and that got me searching the internet about my condition... thats how I came accorss this site and realised my "bug" theory maybe was not as crazy as I had first thought.

I have all the symptoms decribed for Demodex mites and I also lose alot of eyelashes. I'm forever trying to dig out that "rogue eyelash" that has fallen into my eye...

My ZZ cream arrived yesterday and I must say so far I love the product, I like the way it feels on my face. Although my eyes and nose run for about 10 minutes after applying it. but i can live with that :wink:
I ordered the ZZ cream from a different site (only because I found that one before finding this one) But have ordered the eyelash cream, shampoo and soap from demosex solutions. I will order all my refills from DS from now on :wink:

So far I havnt had a bad reaction to the it at all... only a bit of flaking but only in areas where the rocacea is its worst, But I kinda see that as a good thing really.

I am going cold turkey on the cortisone cream and the E-Mycyn and will just use the demdexsolutions products and will keep you posted on how it turns out. Normally I cant go a day without using the cortisone.

But anyway... if these products work, im gonna be naming my first born son, "Walter".... Hell, if it works I'll even name my first born daughter "Walter"! :wink: :lol:
kara

Post by kara »

Good luck, your life will change soon. Be prepared for setbacks. It takes time to heal. I have been using Z cream for 7 months and 80% of acne gone but I still have small red pimples.

You found right medication. Don't waste your time on doctors and prescriptions. Use acarid soap in the morning and evening and apply Z cream before you go to bed. You might experience dryence at the begining but as you skin will adjust, it will dissapear. There is no need to apply exceessive amount of cream, just enought to cover your face and neck with thin layer.
Kara
Walter

Post by Walter »

Is this a promise?
about the name?..................... :lol:

If you have the symptoms then you can be almost sure you will heal,
just be patient, don?t panic if something goes wrong but ask us advice
or post your question/concerns on the forum.
Don?t use anything else anymore.

Good luck

Walter
ShaunR_UK

Post by ShaunR_UK »

Welcome Eggbert..believe me the products work.

Any questions or concerns, just ask.

Rgds,

ShaunR_UK
EggBert

New User and Introduction (1 week update)

Post by EggBert »

Well its been 1 week since I started with the DS products, and Im now finally free of the damn cortisone and disgusting E-Mycin pills!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Just after 1 week my face hasnt felt or looked this good in years. for the first 2 days I just used the ZZ cream at night and lightly applied in the morning (because my other DS products hadnt arrived yet). Then I started washing my face with the Arachid Removing soap then applying the XFML cream in the morning.... At night, I again washed my face with the Arachid soap and applied the ZZ cream.

I took a close up picture of my face before I started and have taken one every day at the same time since.

The difference with todays picture from the picture I took 1 week ago is that my face seems to look less "infected" especially on my forehead and between my eyebrows.

In the first picture, I have lots and lots of tiny red dots all over my T zone that look like tiny little insect bites under the skin.... They are almost completely cleared up in todays pic and my face has a much more even colour all over.

I still have the stubborn pustules on my cheeks and forehead, that were there before I started treatment, but those will heal over time.

I have had a few of the whiteheads that cleared up in a day and one of those stubborn "under the skin" pimples above my eyebrow (that occured on day 2) but apart from that, I couldnt be happier!

I have also been using the eyelash ointment in the morning and at night, but its difficult to give an update on how that is going because I guess the results there wont be so dramatic. It is a little difficult to apply the eyelash ointment as im a bit worried about getting it in my eyes, but it has no feeling or scent, just kind of feels like vasoline, which is good :)

Along with all of that im also using the DS shampoo and I abosolutly bloody love that product. I HAD... yes... HAD bad flakey and itchy scalp that anti dandruff shampoos had no effect on. I thought this may be linked to the rocacea. After using the DS shampoo, I can truley say that im totally free of the dandruff problem after 5ish days use. I want to use this as my normal daily-use shampoo... (is it ok to do this?)

I'll continue to give updates as time goes on.

Thankyou!!!!!!! Im so happy now... you have given me hope.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thanks a lot for your update,
you will heal, you will see.........................................
and yes, it is ok to use the shampoo daily.

Keep in touch

Walter
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Im almost 3 weeks into it now.
A few days ago i broke out with alot of small pimples near my chin, very similar 5th person down in the pictures section. So I guess this is a good sign right? :)

My skin seems to be going thru a leathery tight phase at the moment, but seems to be getting slighly softer with slightly less flakes each day.

My cheeks have been reletivly breakout free so far...

I only wish I could hear the little buggers screaming in agony! :twisted: :D
Marla

EggBert!

Post by Marla »

EggBert wrote:
I only wish I could hear the little buggers screaming in agony! :twisted: :D
Sad_ist!

:wink:
EggBert

1 Month Update

Post by EggBert »

Ok it's been a month. There have been some ups and downs and im not clear yet, but I dont seem to be suffering from the dry flakey skin anymore.. It used to feel like I had a leather mask on my face, but now feels quite smooth and not really flakey at all.

Since the flakeyness stopped i have been getting a few new whitehead pimples around my lower cheeks and some on my upper cheeks, but they are nothign too serious and I guess thats really a good sign anyway?
The pimples im getting look very similar to the 5th person down in the pictures section.

In any case, my face looks and feels so much better now from when I started. I also used to get dry stuff in and behind my ears, but that has pretty much completely cleared up now.

Thanks again :)

Next update coming soon to a forum near you.

EggBert
kara

Post by kara »

It takes time to clear up. But it looks like you are on the right track. I am using demproducts for more than 7 months. My face is almost clear but I still have small red and white pimples.
Kara