Mites related to baldness?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

EggBert

Mites related to baldness?

Post by EggBert »

Since there is really no known cause of baldness, Could the demodex mites be playing a part in this?
Walter

Post by Walter »

In some cases, demodex mites can indeed be responsible for loosing hair but rather exceptional, most of the time it is because of other reasons.
when there is a lot of itch on the scalp, sometimes acne like infections on the scalp, then it is more likely demodex can be the reason.

Walter
ShaunR_UK

Post by ShaunR_UK »

Hi Eggbert,

I'm currently trying the new scalp lotion and will report on it's effectiveness soon. My thoughts on your question are that whilst susceptibilty to baldness is on many levels (which are largely genetic) there are however a number of other influences that make the condition worse. Scalp health which can be worsened by conditions such as Seb Derm, roscacea and other 'acne like' inflammations can impact hair growth phases. I also believe that demodex mites contribute to this inflammation.

Early indications suggest that the scalp lotion is working positively. Itching has reduced, along with hairloss (but Walter please reduce the perfumed smell..lol).

I'll provide a full update soon.

Take care,

ShaunR_UK
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

The reason I suspected it, is becuase I do indeed get some acne like infections on my scalp occasionally.

I get dandruff that anti- dandruf shampoos dont have an effect on. and I started losing hair at about 19 which was around the same time I developed Rocacea.

No one in my family suffers from baldness, My dad is 58 and has a full head of hair, and so does my brother who is a couple years older than me ( 28 ), so I cant see a link there.

My scalp is always ithcy and flaky and my rocacea is quite bad around the hairline.

But I recived my DS shampoo a few days ago and can already feel a difference! Ive used it 4 times so far and my scalp is not itchy at all and no longer flaky... is it normal to see a difference that quickly??

Also, walter, I sent you a message to see if you could include a sample of the scalp ointmet in my next shipment... hopfully you get it in time before its shipped out :)
Walter

Post by Walter »

Also, walter, I sent you a message to see if you could include a sample of the scalp ointmet in my next shipment... hopfully you get it in time before its shipped out
Can you give/mail me your order number/name you ordered with?
can not find your order like this.

Walter
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Order# is: 4335
Walter

Post by Walter »

Your order is already in Australia but we will send you separately.

Walter
ShaunR_UK

Post by ShaunR_UK »

Hi Eggbert,

You should be looking at you mothers side of the family for male pattern baldness, although as you pointed out, your brother does not suffer. This is quite often the case. The best approach is to take a multi modal approch to fighting your hairloss. The DS products help on many levels but it may be worth exploring DHT inhibitors such as Propecia / Finasteride. Nizoral shampoo (2% Ketoconazole) is also proven to be very helpful. I have also started using the new Alpecin After Shampoo Liquid which is very cheap and introduces Caffeine to the scalp which has been suggested lengthens the hair growth phase.

See how you get on with the shampoo and scalp lotion and we can take it from there.

Take care,

ShaunR_UK
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Thanks alot for that Walter

And thanks for the info ShaunR :)

Will let you knwo how it turns out
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Hi Walter,

I got the shipment of the scalp ointment, but it seems you sent the shampoo instead of the scalp lotion, unless they are in the same type of container?
Walter

Post by Walter »

The scalp lotion is in almost the same bottle but no printing, only a sticker where written, "DS Lotion (Sample).
If there is printed "DS Shampoo then it is wrong, let me know.

Walter
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Yes this one says DS Shampoo. The order number was 4346
Walter

Post by Walter »

OK, we will ship again

Walter
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Hi Walter,
Sorry to have to do this to ya again, but I just got the order confirmation in my email and it says DS Shampoo. Just thought ya might want to check :)

Order is 4346
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes I know, but I changed in scalp sample before I send to Hong Kong so should be ok this time.

Walter