Help! Six Weeks into Process

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

DaphChild

Help! Six Weeks into Process

Post by DaphChild »

I have flushed with stress and alcohol since my twenties. My complexion was beautiful. In fact, I didn't realize how great it was. Everyone I have ever met has commented on my skin. However, the last year has been very different. I was recently diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The treatment is methotrexate and enbrel. Approximately, 3 weeks after starting the methotrexate (light dose of chemo drug) my skin has consistently gone downhill. I stop it for a few weeks (Unknown to my doctor) because I thought I had an allergy. Every evening my jawline would itch intensely and burn and sting. The bumps under the surface would swell but by next morning would be better. I have been to two dermatologists to be told it was probably rosacea. My dad and sister are redheads afterall. I ran across your site while on the internet and thought that I had nothing to lose. All of the medicine I take affects with my immune system. I have now been using Z cream for six weeks and I have notice improvement in regards to the evening flushing and itching. In the beginning the dry skin was crazy. I looked sixty years old. Now the dryness is better. However, the breakouts are insane. I did not have pimples before. It was a rash just under the skin. Now I have acne all over my face, neck and chest. Should I give up? Is this normal or is my skin unable to take the cream? I did have about a week without any new bumps, but before the old bumps could completely heal, I got a whole new crop. The pimples are burny and itchy like a bug bite/sunburn. What should I do?[/b]
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

The outbreaks only prove that you have indeed demodex mites,
because of killing them, they die and decompose in your skin, releasing
the bacteria they carry in there guts, and this in turn, creates infections.
Once the majority of demodex mites are gone, the infections will become better and better till healing.

Walter