little change of acne after 6 weeks of use

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

juliek

little change of acne after 6 weeks of use

Post by juliek »

Hello,
I am a 20 yr old female who has been using Fumaling and ZZ for six weeks. I have noticed little change in my skin. It is still oily, red, cystic, and itchy. I have had acne since I was 13. Should I change my regimen? Am I administering the topicals incorrectly? Any suggestions?
the_alphabetman

Post by the_alphabetman »

Could you give some detail as to what your regimen is?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Juliek

Thank you for posting.
6 weeks is not enough, in case of cystic acne it can take up till 5 months.
if you think your skin can handle it, try to use the ZZ also in the morning when possible,
especially because you say your skin is still oily.
you will get better Juliek.

Walter
the_alphabetman

Post by the_alphabetman »

Walter wrote:Hello Juliek

Thank you for posting.
6 weeks is not enough, in case of cystic acne it can take up till 5 months.
if you think your skin can handle it, try to use the ZZ also in the morning when possible,
especially because you say your skin is still oily.
you will get better Juliek.

Walter
I have been using ZZ regularly for about 4 months now. I get occasional pimples or much more rarely, cysts. I find it effective to keep the cream on the affected area for as much of the day as possible. E.g. at night, I apply a thin layer of the ZZ cream all over my face, and dab a bit extra on any trouble spots. After I wake up in the morning and take a shower, I apply the cream to my trouble spots again, this time rubbing the cream in so its invisible. When I get home from work/school, I again dab some ZZ cream on my trouble spots. Then at night, I take a shower and repeat the cycle. I find that my routine really speeds the healing of my skin. Cysts that used to take weeks to heal are now gone except for some hyperpigmentation in 4-5 days.
juliek

still trying

Post by juliek »

Thank you for your suggestions. I will keep using the products and try your suggestions to make exacerbated use of the ZZ. I am also trying to increase my water intake, but I find that my skin is closely linked to my hormonal cycles, especially getting worse during the premenstrual period in which my progesterone levels are elevated. I try to avoid unnecessary contact with my face by sleeping with my hair up and changing my pillow case every evening. Using Fumaling during the day and ZZ at night, I still notice cystic formations. I use makeup for my eyes but thoroughly remove each evening and wash my face with acarid removing foam. Please analyze my case further if possible. Thanks.